Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyroll's 10 BTC giveaway is a scam, he sent me and others a phishing link - page 7. (Read 7241 times)

rme
Activity: 756
Merit: 504
rme
Good job, I have contacted 000webhost, the site where the phishing website was hosted and requested it be take down.

The hacker nearly gained control of my email, luckily I had phone verification which is what tipped me off I was being hacked. It ringed with a verification code to reset password..

Im sorry any of those who were affected by this hopefully no one fell for it.

Why don't you PM everyone back and tell them not to click the link?

Probably because he's too busy sending fake urls to people.

Your kidding right? What do you not understand about I was HACKED. Right now im trying to put things back together.. The hacker hacked a secondary email of mine and changed the password. I've been on the phone with my email provider for 20 minutes.

If you are the real one edit this topic with HUGE LETTERS saying PHISHING ALERT, SCAM https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--198694

Pointless.

People will see it and they will not believe the MP.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Good job, I have contacted 000webhost, the site where the phishing website was hosted and requested it be take down.

The hacker nearly gained control of my email, luckily I had phone verification which is what tipped me off I was being hacked. It ringed with a verification code to reset password..

Your kidding right? What do you not understand about I was HACKED. Right now im trying to put things back together.. The hacker hacked a secondary email of mine and changed the password. I've been on the phone with my email provider for 20 minutes.

If you are the real one edit this topic with HUGE LETTERS saying PHISHING ALERT, SCAM https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--198694

Pointless.
rme

While you were posting on the forum you were hacked you were still sending out fake links. Explain.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1006
Your kidding right? What do you not understand about I Was HACKED. Right now im trying to put things back together.. The hacker hacked a secondary email of mine and changed the password. I've been on the phone with my email provider for 20 minutes.

I know right? I mean, if you said it, it must be true, as people never lie on the internet  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Aw damn I honestly thought I won
Avoided the URL when web of trust said to do so and surprisingly siteadvisor did its job as well
Did a bypass and  I did make a btc-e account for this lol from the source site well now its a spare account if I ever need to use btc-e lol

Also

Grin My cannons are hitting the phising website.
It's not just you! hxxp://btceexchange.comze.com looks down from here.

Edit:
I also open a topic, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/solved-anyroll-is-a-scammer-204716

You don't give up do you?

Activity: 882
Merit: 1006

rme

Edit:
I also open a topic, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/solved-anyroll-is-a-scammer-204716

You will need to proof that your account was hacked.
(Maybe some admin can check your IP address and the hacker one).

rme
rme

Edit:
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
I got the same private message too.  I did not believe I had won because I had the same number as someone else so I kind of figured something was up.  Also, I figured he could just use the wallet address I had posted if I really had won.  I have learned to be very wary of any emails and not to open them.  My husband is really adamant about that after having to clean up a few viruses.  I try to be extra cautious now. 
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004
I hope you guys at least clicked that "Report to admin" link on the bottom right corner of the message.
I requested a ban for him, it would help if you guys reported the PM's.

I got it too. Just reported the PM to theymos.

This guy needs a scammer tag and a ban NOW!

Also, can admins do anything to disable the links in these PMs? It'd be awful for this scam to actually work...
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1279
Primedice.com, Stake.com
Can't emphasize how disgusting this is. I'm relatively new and I've received a few phishing links as well via PM. Bitcoins are getting big though and as much as we'd want to think that the quality of the community would remain high, the more people that adopt bitcoins the lower this will fall until it averages out.

Anyways... If it sounds too good to be true..
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Yeah I got a PM too, looked suspicious though.

No indication what the number was...

Why not redeem the codes yourself (Anyroll) and send the Bitcoin's straight to the address of the winner? (this is what Bitcoin is about, ease of moving money, no need to login to a trading site)

Stupidly, I clicked the link but my username was not already in the field, chrome puts it there for me. Then I looked at the URL and saw why. Thanks chrome. I can't even remember my password anyway. Haha

Oh well, too good to be true! Statistically you could play a unique number once per day for a year and still have a more chance of losing than winning...
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Life lesson No.1 - If it seems too good to be true......

Did elevate my heart rate slightly for about 15 seconds until I came straight here.

Papa still needs a new pair of shoes!
He just deleted his post in this thread.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Aww... I gotta admit that he had me there even though I didn't log into the phishing link he provided in his PM. Sad

Oh well, at least he brighten up 2 minutes of my life. Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: