Pages:
Author

Topic: Application to be a Merit source for Bangladesh Thread - page 2. (Read 1708 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1981
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
But, very little Merit comes back to me in Bangladesh thread. So, this prohibits re-circulation further.

Let's look at the data provided by LoyceV almost a year back. Despite contributing to the Bangladesh thread for 6+ years, I was not among the Top 12 Merit receiver in that thread. But, I was the top Merit sender along with 2 others. And this is before my application to become a Merit source.
So, you are complaining against us, we the people who are active in the local thread in posting, sending merits? Not sure from which point of view you have said so. Let me share the post stats.
You have posted/contributed 23 times till June 21, 2020 from the creation of the thread.
    54. 23x (Legendary) BitCoinDream
After that, you have posted ~16 more times. So, with the previous records it's 39 in total. If you are not active how would you expect to get merit back?
And you are complaining people are spending their merits to close circle? Before saying so, you would have looked at the stats and find out how many people are active and how many of them posting quality post. In fact, the total circle is very close, limited to 21 members in the last month and very few of them post somewhat quality post which deserves merit. Then, how do you think the circle will not be close?
You don’t agree that you are not active, you always say that you are contributing to the thread. But it’s a shame for us that we have a Legendary member but have never shared a Legendary post/guideline/technical discussion. Well, you are not obliged to do so. You certainly have done a great job by creating the thread (I really respect you for that), other than the thread is YOURS, there's nothing else. Sorry, but that's the truth and I'm really sorry for saying the truth. You could be a great asset for the newbie but you have never been that guy.

@LoyceV, you can please share us an updated stats of total post by individual? I think my counts for BitcoinDream is wrong as I have done it manually.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
I'm wondering how many active members there are on the Bangladesh local board.  Anyone have any idea or at least a rough estimate?  If there aren't that many, then the board wouldn't need its own merit source.  But if there are, then it's clear that there aren't enough merits being spread around.  Those numbers are abysmal, but that's assuming that the section has a lot of active members and they're making good posts.
According to https://ninjastic.space, 21 member were active in the last month (from July 9th till August 9th) and they wrote ~60 posts combined which is not a lot.

1. Rahman11 [8]
2. Review Master [8]
3. Jontokhan65 [6]
4. Little Mouse [6]
5. Malam90 [6]
6. A_L [4]
7. Anaul93748 [4]
8. Saniati [4]
9. Jilapikhamu [2]
10. abdurrahman99 [2]
11. trendmark3482 [2]
12. Belal01 [1]
13. BitCoinDream [1]
14. PARVIZ_1988 [1]
15. Rafisr [1]
16. Rb48 [1]
17. Samzvai [1]
18. Shofiqul22 [1]
19. holahola2021 [1]
20. israt1@ [1]
21. mdashik46 [1]

Bangladesh topic used to be quite active, but sometimes at the beginning of this year their numbers started going down. First time I included in my brief monthly overview of the local boards activity they had ~240 posts written, and for the last few months their average number is around ~50. It's a steep decline and not a good thing if they wanna get their own merit source or local board.

AFAIK, no other thread has got its dedicated Merit source (I may be wrong though) so far. So, I doubt whether my Merit Application will ever be accepted. A Local Board request for Bangladesh is pending for 3+ years.
Nigerian local thread does have merit source (CryptopreneurBrainboss) but he didn't become one by applying to be their merit source, but for Altcoin and Beginners and Help boards. I think your chances would be much better if you were more active on the forum, both in Bangladesh thread and in English part of the forum. I mean, in the last few years you wrote less than 100 posts, so no wonder that theymos is hesitant to give you a merit source status.

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
The above nevertheless is uncontextualized, and the context should be always interpreted by local board inner knowledge (number of posts, post quality/interest, number of posters, number of sources/meriters, etc.).
Thanks for that data, as always.  I'm wondering how many active members there are on the Bangladesh local board.  Anyone have any idea or at least a rough estimate?  If there aren't that many, then the board wouldn't need its own merit source.  But if there are, then it's clear that there aren't enough merits being spread around.  Those numbers are abysmal, but that's assuming that the section has a lot of active members and they're making good posts.

By source merit, I meant sMerit. Probably sendable merit would have been a better term.
Yes, it's a better term because it's the correct one.  Source merit refers to sMerits held by merit sources.

As soon as my sMerit went down, I reported here. I did not get any top up. So, I could not distribute any further.
You didn't get your sMerits topped up because you're not a merit source.  If non-merit source members could simply request that they get more sMerits, the whole system would be pointless.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 275
BitByte Crypto: https://link3.to/bitbytecrypto
Little Mouse, why don't you apply to be a source?  You've been around long enough and seem like you'd be enthusiastic about the position, so perhaps you should ask Theymos to consider it.
Having one merit source for the local thread we have is enough. BitcoinDream has already applied and that's why I didn’t consider to apply anymore.

No hate to anyone, but BitcoinDream is quite inactive and LittleMouse's engaging into others conversation regularly. So it'll better for our local board if BitcoinDream becomes more active to engage with us. On the other hand, maybe LittleMouse should talk to BitcoinDream if he wanna give the position for that application. As always, we really need a merit source for our local board. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
Just in case this information may be of use, here’s the number of sMerits, TX, Senders & Receivers on the thread since the beginning of the Merit System:
Code:
path          year      month     nMerits   nTx       nFrom     nTo
Bangladesh    2021      8         2         2         2         2      (partial month)
Bangladesh    2021      7         13        12        5         7
Bangladesh    2021      6         2         2         2         2
Bangladesh    2021      5         2         2         2         2
Bangladesh    2021      4         9         8         5         4
Bangladesh    2021      3         27        22        7         8
Bangladesh    2021      2         6         6         4         5
Bangladesh    2021      1         5         5         5         5
Bangladesh    2020      12        30        26        14        10
Bangladesh    2020      11        41        34        17        17
Bangladesh    2020      10        87        68        17        19
Bangladesh    2020      9         189       84        15        17
Bangladesh    2020      8         6         6         4         4
Bangladesh    2020      7         11        9         5         7
Bangladesh    2020      6         19        16        7         8
Bangladesh    2020      5         3         2         2         2
Bangladesh    2020      4         21        16        11        7
Bangladesh    2020      3         13        5         5         2
Bangladesh    2020      2         11        6         4         4
Bangladesh    2020      1         19        16        8         9
Bangladesh    2019      12        7         7         6         6
Bangladesh    2019      11        6         5         4         5
Bangladesh    2019      10        2         2         1         2
Not accounting for merits awarded to post moved elsewhere or deleted.

The above nevertheless is uncontextualized, and the context should be always interpreted by local board inner knowledge (number of posts, post quality/interest, number of posters, number of sources/meriters, etc.).
legendary
Bumping. Sadly, we don't have someone to share merits there. It has been long time since OP applied for being merit source but no step is taken from the administrators. Can our local thread get a merit source? I think it’s needed immediately.
Looks to me as though BitCoinDream is/was a merit source, since he wrote this in his last post:
I think he is either messing up spendable (sendable) merits and source merits. Both are different. He is not a merit source as far as I know. And this also makes no difference since he is not much active.

Little Mouse, why don't you apply to be a source?  You've been around long enough and seem like you'd be enthusiastic about the position, so perhaps you should ask Theymos to consider it.
Having one merit source for the local thread we have is enough. BitcoinDream has already applied and that's why I didn’t consider to apply anymore.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
Bumping. Sadly, we don't have someone to share merits there. It has been long time since OP applied for being merit source but no step is taken from the administrators. Can our local thread get a merit source? I think it’s needed immediately.
Looks to me as though BitCoinDream is/was a merit source, since he wrote this in his last post:

Now, I am low on source merit again.
His last activity date was only a few days ago, and the last post I can see made by him was from April (though I can't see posts in the Bangladesh section).  I don't know if he quit being a merit source or what, but he certainly hasn't sent any in the last 120 days.

Little Mouse, why don't you apply to be a source?  You've been around long enough and seem like you'd be enthusiastic about the position, so perhaps you should ask Theymos to consider it.
legendary
legendary
Thank you everyone for supporting my merit source application. Whatever I got from this thread, most have been distributed on my local thread. Now, I am low on source merit again. Bangladesh local thread is also going down in terms of Merit shared on board.

Merit shared per local board during January 2021

Activity: 238
Merit: 28
I am supporting your application to be a Merit source. But you have bad sides too. You are too inactive in the forum. As one of the Legendary Member of Bangladeshi Community, we need you active in the community. But you are very hard to find. At the time of writing. I see you were active 12 November 2020 last. 2 weeks ago! I am continuously reporting previous low quality posts. But they hardly get deleted. I expect you will be active again leaving all obstacles.

Nowadays, Bangladeshi forum has quality posts. They deserve Merits. So, Bangladeshi Community needs a Merit Source badly. I wish your application will be successful.
legendary
Bumping the thread to get attention from the admin theymos. Can we get an update as our local thread is in badly need of a merit source? The number of quality posts are increasing in significant number. With more merits there, I think we can get a spam free thread.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 275
BitByte Crypto: https://link3.to/bitbytecrypto
Just want to thanks all of those lovely and supportive users who help me to reach out the rank of "Full Member". I know, I'm only doing bounty post and not even making any quality poats. But it's the end of Bounty from myside and I'm going to focus on our local board to make that more informative as well as I'll be in global section .  Just only one thing,  Love you 3000  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 2218
💲🏎️💨🚓
Hope you are successful in the local boards - you might want to look in on this post of mine (and the proceeding page) - there's a handful of UID's that evidence would suggest are alts who have on their profile pages they are Bangladeshi and so might hit you up for more merits.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
if someone does not receive merit, they may become frustrated about not ranking up and not be as active as they may otherwise be.
Absolutely, even in the main board the same thing happens that is why we can see decrease in the activity all over the forum, some people doesn't really receive what they deserve to be.There is no point of holding sMerits so people should be so generous while sending merits when they see a post which is worthy to be read by other members.
Activity: 728
Merit: 63
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
Quote from: PN7
2 - Many of those who you cited seem to make fairly good posts, but they all seem to have fairly low amounts of merit. This could be an indication that some of the local threads that are not large enough for detected subs are lacking source merit.
Yeah true. We have very few people who share merit in our local, the reason is they don't have merit to share. For example, I have zero merits at the moment.
Having sufficient source merit in local communities should be important. Without sufficient source merit, members will not rank up, which may lead people to not be as engaged, and not as active in their bitcointalk communities.

It is not a big deal if some people receive a little bit of merit they should not receive, but it is a problem if people are not receiving the merit they deserve. If people receive merit erroneously, others will see their poor quality posts and will still be subject to bans if they violate the rules, but OTOH, if someone does not receive merit, they may become frustrated about not ranking up and not be as active as they may otherwise be.
Exactly the truth has been spoken and those are the reflection of my thoughts also. By the way, the scenario that you explained was made me frustrated almost two years ago. There were some reasons though. It was also one of them. But recently, I have got some merits which I deserved I believe. It's very inspiring for me to do better for the next or coming near future. To grow the community, the local thread can help a lot of community-based people in a different area and it will also be helpful for the newcomers too to know well.
copper member
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899
Amazon Prime Member #7
Quote from: PN7
2 - Many of those who you cited seem to make fairly good posts, but they all seem to have fairly low amounts of merit. This could be an indication that some of the local threads that are not large enough for detected subs are lacking source merit.
Yeah true. We have very few people who shares merit in our local, the reason is they don't have smerit to share. Foe example, I have zero smerit at the moment.
Having sufficient source merit in local communities should be important. Without sufficient source merit, members will not rank up, which may lead people to not being as engaged, and not as active in their bitcointalk communities.

It is not a big deal if some people receivea litlle bit of merit they should not receive, but it is a problem if people are not receiving merit they deserve. If people receive merit errouniously, others will see their poor quality posts and will still be subject to bans if they violate the rules, but OTOH, if someone does not receive merit, they may become frustrated about not ranking up and not be as active as they may otherwise be.
Activity: 251
Merit: 10
BIB Exchange
It is really a great initiative from you. We don't care our local thread but we should take care of our local thread to support newcomers. We need more unity to grow our community.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
I supported your merit source application for your Bangladesh locals.

By the way, if you can, please drop by my thread Bitcointalk.org forum's signatures and avatars and share the signature code you use. Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: