Pages:
Author

Topic: ARDOR NXT - page 2. (Read 8047 times)

legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
July 18, 2016, 01:05:02 PM
legendary
July 14, 2016, 01:28:09 PM
Snapshots for Ardor started! Happy Ardor!!

Hold until 12 October to get free ARDR!  Smiley
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 14, 2016, 08:00:23 AM
how to coount ARDOR dristributions if not full day NXT stake (for example: 1 month nxt stake) ?

You must keep NXT stake in your account for 90 days to receive full ARDOR distribution. If you keep coins for 30 days, you will get 1/3 of the distribution.
July 14, 2016, 07:58:58 AM
is this online wallet called mynxt wallet ( https://wallet.mynxt.info ) part of nxt org, can I store my nxt there and receive ardor safely.

Thanks for your help  Smiley in advance

p.s Also whats the difference between installing nxt client and web wallet. Installing the nxt client takes a lot of bandwidth making it a bit expensive and time consuming.

https://wallet.mynxt.info is safe to use, but the nxt client is the safest and comes with many cool features that the web wallet doesn't have. The safest way is frequently not the easiest way Wink
Activity: 420
July 14, 2016, 07:51:58 AM
is this online wallet called mynxt wallet ( https://wallet.mynxt.info ) part of nxt org, can I store my nxt there and receive ardor safely.

Thanks for your help  Smiley in advance

p.s Also whats the difference between installing nxt client and web wallet. Installing the nxt client takes a lot of bandwidth making it a bit expensive and time consuming.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
July 14, 2016, 07:45:22 AM
how to coount ARDOR dristributions if not full day NXT stake (for example: 1 month nxt stake) ?
July 14, 2016, 01:43:58 AM
What does the ardr coin do exactly?

What is the reason why NXT decided to create a child chain? Isn't NXT enough already or is there a technical reason why? Could this be a sort of "reboot" for marketing purposes.

In a glance this looks like a move driven by marketing reasons since NXT really went anywhere in that regard.

Running a blockchain is costly and many entities don't have the expertise.
They would like to use a blockchain to solve various problems and not worry about security, blockchain maintenance, volatile coin rates. In Nxt 2.0 they will get specialized blockchains with custom features, for instance they can peg their custom blockchain token to one USD or cowry shell, or their custom blockchain will be feature tailored to their specialized usage. It's a blockchain as a service thing. They will pay block fees to the global network of ARDOR token holders when they must make a hashes record of their custom child chain operations into the main chain. It's a 'focus on your job without all the worries that come with running a blockchain' customer-oriented solution. Transactional throughput will grow manyfold.

So how is Ardor different to the other blockchain platforms like Ethereum, Lisk and Waves? And why do you think a company should choose to use Ardor over the 3 mentioned?

Nxt and Ardor very specifically did not go for scriptable Smart Contracts. There are several reasons for not doing so:

1. You have no way of controlling the quality of the code. This can lead to unfortunate results and create huge problems.
2. A large portion of the market has need for out of the box solutions, not custom ones. Nxt and Ardor offer hardcoded and modular Smart contracts (or smart transactions) which are tested and secure. For most SME's these cover a lot of use cases and are more cost effective.
3. Lisk is still in development: Nxt already works, and has been operational for 2,5 years. Ardor will use the same tech. If a company wants to use software that's tested and tried, it should go to Nxt or Ardor (depending on the use case).
4. Waves is also still in development. Same argument as before. The idea might be sound, there is no way to predict now whether it will pull off its promise.

The child chain architecture is unique to Ardor. Lisk and Waves do not have it, neither does Ethereum. Bloat is a problem that all of them have and Ardor is the system that is concentrating on it.
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
July 13, 2016, 05:10:16 PM
Activity: 11
July 13, 2016, 04:59:04 PM
What does the ardr coin do exactly?
Activity: 59
July 05, 2016, 09:53:19 AM
can u guys tell me what can be done with the nxt-ardor in the real life at this point of time?

~CfA~

Ardor can't be released until after the snapshots starting next week that decide who gets the coins. When it is released it can be used for blockchain as a service, phased transactions, decentralized voting and governance systems, and decentralized Asset Exchange.

We can't give away too much until the final features of Ardor are tested repeatedly.

But, here are a few of the features coming with the new Ardor release:

1. Offering Blockchain as a Service - Ardor will open blockchain development to organizations and individuals across the world. The high barriers to getting started with blockchain are about to vanish.

2. Manageable Blockchain Size - Ardor will solve the problem of scalability by separating transactions and data that do not affect security from those that do, and moving all of those that don't affect security onto child chains. The Ardor team will create the first child chain to house many Nxt 1.0 tools as well as future features. This small size also comes with short transaction times so processes need only a fraction of time compared to Bitcoin to execute functions.

3. A Decentralized Asset Exchange - Building off of the Asset Exchange on Nxt, Ardor will enable the ability to trade assets on any child chain for any of the child chain tokens. This allows child chains to interact with each other and opens up numerous opportunities for collaboration as well as allow cross chain asset trading, a long-requested feature within the Nxt ecosystem.

4. Decentralized Voting and Governance Systems - Ardor will be at the core of decentralized consensus in the future. Secure and anonymous voting will be an available feature on all child chains as it is on the Nxt platform.

5. Phased Transactions - Users can set multiple conditions before a transaction is executed, such as a minimum number of votes and a set amount of time. Like Nxt, Ardor will use Smart Transactions. With this, users will only need to submit the parameters necessary for the transaction and the ID of the functionality they want to use. The transaction process is also completely decentralized. No centralized server, service, or application, like Ethereum’s Oracle, is needed.

“Rather than providing smart contracts, NXT is focused on implementing the important use cases and functions directly into the core of both Nxt and Ardor. This approach has proven to be scalable and secure and will become more so when Ardor is released” Riker

These are a few of the things Ardor will give you and the cryptocurrency community. As development continues and testing is finalized, you'll get a detailed analysis of each of the new tools, as well as the core features built into Ardor. We'll also reveal, step-by-step, a list of our partners and what they're doing with our technology.

legendary
July 05, 2016, 07:50:52 AM
At this point of time nothing. When Ardor is released you can forge/stake all the childchain blockchains.
Activity: 700
Merit: 520
July 05, 2016, 06:52:59 AM
can u guys tell me what can be done with the nxt-ardor in the real life at this point of time?

~CfA~
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
July 05, 2016, 06:12:01 AM
ARDOR NXT is better than the ICOs that are everywhere. Most ICOs lose investors money like with the WAVES and RISE ICOs, but the devs get paid thousands of BITCOINS even if their coin flops. ARDOR will make investors money because it's in the devs interest to make it successful.

I don't understand how is that different.

Now you can keep your NXT.

Now you can keep your NXT, and you also get ARDOR for the NXT you have. You get two coins for the price of one. It's buy one get one free.
legendary
July 05, 2016, 02:57:54 AM
ARDOR NXT is better than the ICOs that are everywhere. Most ICOs lose investors money like with the WAVES and RISE ICOs, but the devs get paid thousands of BITCOINS even if their coin flops. ARDOR will make investors money because it's in the devs interest to make it successful.

Now you can keep your NXT.
Activity: 165
Merit: 101
July 04, 2016, 11:27:22 PM

Activity: 595
Merit: 101
Chromia - Relational Blockchain
July 04, 2016, 08:57:23 PM

In the new Nxt Client (1.9.2) you can see how much Ardor you are getting realtime.

What block height does it start showing how much Ardor you are getting for your NXT?

I know the snapshots start on July 14th, but not the block height the snapshots start at.
legendary
July 04, 2016, 05:09:16 PM

In the new Nxt Client (1.9.2) you can see how much Ardor you are getting realtime.

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
July 03, 2016, 06:27:50 AM
July 02, 2016, 09:29:37 AM
Update to NXT client 1.9.2
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-9-2/

Update to this release on mainnet is optional up until block 1000000 (Oct 12), however users are advised to do it earlier, as after July 14th updating will trigger a blockchain rescan.

Do we still get Nxt 2.0 for holding Nxt if we don't update to Nxt client 1.9.2 until after the snapshots stop? I sent my Nxt to an address, and intend to leave them in it for the full three months of snapshots without updating or syncing my wallet.

You will still get it.

After snapshots stop in October, trading of ARDOR asset will be possible in the Nxt built-in asset exchange. Then you will need an updated client to trade it.
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
July 02, 2016, 07:10:01 AM
Update to NXT client 1.9.2
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-9-2/

Update to this release on mainnet is optional up until block 1000000 (Oct 12), however users are advised to do it earlier, as after July 14th updating will trigger a blockchain rescan.

Do we still get Nxt 2.0 for holding Nxt if we don't update to Nxt client 1.9.2 until after the snapshots stop? I sent my Nxt to an address, and intend to leave them in it for the full three months of snapshots without updating or syncing my wallet.

you do not have to update your client.
Pages:
Jump to: