Pages:
Author

Topic: ARDOR NXT - page 4. (Read 8047 times)

legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
June 29, 2016, 04:23:32 PM
thanks

can you please tell me what "fxt snapshot period" is?

The fxt isn't correct anymore. It's called Ardor now. You will get Ardor tokens for average amount of NXT you hold in your account in the snapshot period. Every hour a snapshot is made and after 3 months you will get the average amount in Ardor tokens (Nxt2.0).

https://nxtforum.org/core-development-announcements/(ann)-ardor-or-nxt-2-0-a-scalable-child-chain-platform
legendary
Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001
Thank God I'm an atheist
June 29, 2016, 04:20:34 PM
thanks

can you please tell me what "fxt snapshot period" is?
Activity: 330
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001
Thank God I'm an atheist
June 29, 2016, 03:35:05 PM
Any ETA for Ardor release?
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
June 29, 2016, 01:56:32 PM
WAVES is also by the NXT team right? I think i heard something like that.

Not really by the NXT team. Waves is created by a few members of the Nxt Community (Coinomat).

for real? buhahaha

Waves copies a project called scorex that's not stable enough to be used as a coin. It's for devs to try new ideas out on. The scorex announcement thread warns cloners are selling it in ICOs and advises not to buy into them.

Scorex can switch between the Nxt consensus algo and the Qora consensus algo by changing one line of code. It's only for experiments, and intentionally not production-ready.

Is that why the waves "network" was shut down for over five hours today for "maintenance"?

Scorex is less than _4K lines of Scala code_. Transactions layer is as simple as just tokens transfers. Consensus algo  could be switched easily(with two consensus algos out of the box,  one could be replaced with an another with just one line of code edited!)

* Major coins forks are trying to make IPO immediately, often having just one or two pretty controversial features introduced. **Scorex is intentionally not production-ready**, so please participate in any  non-commercial experiments built on top of it, but don't buy tokens unless you are 100+% sure what are you doing.

Features

* Two 100% Proof-of-Stake consensus algos out of the box, Nxt-like and Qora-like. One algo could be replaced with an another with just one line of code edited (in Constants.scala)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
June 29, 2016, 09:40:13 AM

Not really by the NXT team. Waves is created by a few members of the Nxt Community (Coinomat).

for real? buhahaha
legendary
June 27, 2016, 11:00:48 AM

Activity: 122
Merit: 100
June 27, 2016, 10:48:45 AM
legendary
June 27, 2016, 09:15:16 AM
Hope we will get a similar graph today... but I expect a small dump and tomorrow another pump. Up and down we go!  Grin

for now it looks like a good rollercoaster, small pumps and dumps.

Creating a new baseline? Nice!  Smiley
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
June 27, 2016, 08:58:38 AM
Hope we will get a similar graph today... but I expect a small dump and tomorrow another pump. Up and down we go!  Grin

for now it looks like a good rollercoaster, small pumps and dumps.
legendary
June 27, 2016, 06:04:07 AM
legendary
=== NODE IS OK! ==
June 25, 2016, 09:25:06 PM
Activity: 448
June 25, 2016, 08:02:25 AM
all for community currencies or game currencies that are targeted to "ordinary people" and not to experts or cryptocurrency nerds.

That's a major point I hope isn't overlooked by this community. I want JohnnySixpack to easily use this product in his next Clash of Clans type game.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
June 24, 2016, 09:46:15 PM
Not to forget: Ardor or Nxt 2.0 will fix a critical issue of the NXT monetary system: In the new "child chains", it will be possible to pay transaction fees in the child chain currency and not necessarily in NXT.

This problem was blocking a massive adoption of NXT's monetary system, as every user of a Monetary System currency had to pay fees in NXT and so was obliged to have a NXT account. This is a massive usability problem, above all for community currencies or game currencies that are targeted to "ordinary people" and not to experts or cryptocurrency nerds.
Activity: 406
June 24, 2016, 05:07:11 AM
Final question: why do we need ardor when we have nxt, is it to just raise funds or will ardor be significantly better than nxt?

Ardor is a platform of blockchains. The practical transactional throughput in Nxt 1.0 and Bitcoin is 3 tx/s.
The aim is to scale it to much higher number and in the process create a diversity of blockchains with different features for entities (companies, communities) that wish to have their own blockchain but lack resources to secure it. The parent chain, ARDR token, will secure all the child chains. Funds are needed as in any project for the devs to work on the platform for the next years.
Activity: 420
June 24, 2016, 04:31:58 AM
HCLLivess thanks for your reply, I heard the nxt developer is a talented and innovative coder called Jean Claude something well known in the Bitcoin community is that so? Also how different will ardor be from nxt ethereum and other second generation coins. Is ardor just in the planning phase or has work started? How many coins/tokens will be their as a cap or will it be unlimited?

Final question: why do we need ardor when we have nxt, is it to just raise funds or will ardor be significantly better than nxt?

Will appreciate your answers to my question.
legendary
=== NODE IS OK! ==
June 24, 2016, 03:18:08 AM
People did not like the distribution of NXT and it was a major concern, now ARDOR is to be obtained by using NXT, how does this solve the distribution issue?  NXT whales will get a major chunk of ARDOR right? BTW I like nxt, bought some more after the announcement of ARDOR but am curious about this issue.

History shows that with proper advertising, no distribution issue is an issue. Yes, it is sad, but that's how markets work, through hypnosis.
Also, NXT had 2.5 years to redistribute, it is much better than any ICO (which did not introduce mining)
Activity: 420
June 23, 2016, 10:28:19 AM
People did not like the distribution of NXT and it was a major concern, now ARDOR is to be obtained by using NXT, how does this solve the distribution issue?  NXT whales will get a major chunk of ARDOR right? BTW I like nxt, bought some more after the announcement of ARDOR but am curious about this issue.
Activity: 700
Merit: 520
June 23, 2016, 08:58:28 AM
Most ppl voted they want ARDOR. I suppose this voters r ppl that already have Nxt

To all ppl who dont have NXT, do u want the ARDOR too?

~CfA~
legendary
=== NODE IS OK! ==
June 23, 2016, 07:34:01 AM
Great features but I doubt it will gain any traction.

Why would that be? Everything is gaining traction these days, justified or not

For all the people that complain about ICOs, I'm surprised they are not coming aboard yet.

I wish some legends come and roast it so some debate ensues
Pages:
Jump to: