Pages:
Author

Topic: ARDOR NXT - page 3. (Read 8047 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
July 02, 2016, 06:35:45 AM
Update to NXT client 1.9.2
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-9-2/

Update to this release on mainnet is optional up until block 1000000 (Oct 12), however users are advised to do it earlier, as after July 14th updating will trigger a blockchain rescan.

Do we still get Nxt 2.0 for holding Nxt if we don't update to Nxt client 1.9.2 until after the snapshots stop? I sent my Nxt to an address, and intend to leave them in it for the full three months of snapshots without updating or syncing my wallet.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 02, 2016, 05:58:14 AM
Update to NXT client 1.9.2
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-9-2/

Update to this release on mainnet is optional up until block 1000000 (Oct 12), however users are advised to do it earlier, as after July 14th updating will trigger a blockchain rescan.
Activity: 64
July 02, 2016, 05:41:56 AM
how are smart phased transactions different from smart contracts?
In a nutshell, a smart contract allows you to write code to do just about anything (including potential dangerous stuff).
Advantages are you have a lot more freedom to do whatever you want, the drawbacks is obviously security (if you have a bug in your contract someone could exploit that), and thus it will require more time to learn to code properly & test your contracts.

With smart transactions you don't write any code, the functions are already pre-defined within the protocol. You just pass in your desired parameters.
The advantages are the opposite of smart contracts, it's more secure, it takes less time for you to learn, code & test.
The drawbacks is that you are limited to the functions that exists in the core client.

Not sure if that makes any sense, or if it is even the correct definitions.
It is my understanding anyway.

I prefer secure Nxt 2.0 smart transactions to buggy ethereum smart contracts that can be hacked. I don't trust ethereum since it was hacked, so I'm buying Nxt before Nxt 2.0 takes over from ethereum.
Activity: 330
July 02, 2016, 03:57:09 AM
In a nutshell, a smart contract allows you to write code to do just about anything (including potential dangerous stuff).
Advantages are you have a lot more freedom to do whatever you want, the drawbacks is obviously security (if you have a bug in your contract someone could exploit that), and thus it will require more time to learn to code properly & test your contracts.

With smart transactions you don't write any code, the functions are already pre-defined within the protocol. You just pass in your desired parameters.
The advantages are the opposite of smart contracts, it's more secure, it takes less time for you to learn, code & test.
The drawbacks is that you are limited to the functions that exists in the core client.

Not sure if that makes any sense, or if it is even the correct definitions.
It is my understanding anyway.
Activity: 165
Merit: 101
July 01, 2016, 11:38:42 PM
July 01, 2016, 03:24:21 PM
i voted up for ardor Yes, give me Ardor.but try to enhance the security with the blockchain and not to repeat the story of DAO & eth.

The lead developer of Nxt, Jean Luc is very meticulous in his work, a perfectionist of software engineering. To say that he understands importance of blockchain security will be a gross understatement.
Activity: 79
July 01, 2016, 03:22:01 PM
i voted up for ardor Yes, give me Ardor.but try to enhance the security with the blockchain and not to repeat the story of DAO & eth.

Smart contract code made DAO & eth insecure and led to the DAO "hack".

I don't think Ardor will do smart contracts, it will have child-chains that do smart (phased) transactions, which are more secure.

The comparison with Ethereum is that Ethereum tries to do smart contracts, where the Ardor child-chains do smart (phased) transactions, which is a lot easier (and thus more secure).
July 01, 2016, 03:15:45 PM

What Do You Think About ARDOR / NXT2.0? Are you looking forward to it? Do you want to have it? Or are you just like what?

I want ARDOR / NXT2.0 so badly I spent most of my bitcoins buying NXT so I can get my share of ARDOR / NXT2.0 for hodling them. ARDOR will be a top ten coin with all the cool new stuff it will have, and i want to be an early adopter of it who bought in at the bottom.

Good decision, when we have been our Ardor, its price round about 20x

Nxt is still cheap at less than 2 cents each. Compare today's price to the highs and its easy to see it's going much higher. After the start of snapshotting most coins will no longer be put up for sale, and buying Nxt to get Ardor will get more and more expensive.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
July 01, 2016, 03:14:46 PM
July 01, 2016, 03:04:39 PM
NXT is so ardorable.
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Quiero mi bocadillo
July 01, 2016, 03:00:26 PM

What Do You Think About ARDOR / NXT2.0? Are you looking forward to it? Do you want to have it? Or are you just like what?

I want ARDOR / NXT2.0 so badly I spent most of my bitcoins buying NXT so I can get my share of ARDOR / NXT2.0 for hodling them. ARDOR will be a top ten coin with all the cool new stuff it will have, and i want to be an early adopter of it who bought in at the bottom.

Good decision, when we have been our Ardor, its price round about 20x
July 01, 2016, 07:00:25 AM

legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
July 01, 2016, 03:58:14 AM
New name is pretty weird. I  just hope most of original BCNext ideas would remain.

He personally agreed with it!  Smiley

https://nxtforum.org/core-development-announcements/(ann)-ardor-or-nxt-2-0-a-scalable-child-chain-platform/msg219417/#msg219417

Very interesting. This is big news.

Yes, it is. The satoshi of Nxt has spoken!  Shocked
Activity: 332
June 30, 2016, 11:48:22 PM
New name is pretty weird. I  just hope most of original BCNext ideas would remain.

https://nxtforum.org/core-development-announcements/(ann)-ardor-or-nxt-2-0-a-scalable-child-chain-platform/msg219417/#msg219417

Very interesting. This is big news.
legendary
June 30, 2016, 04:52:26 PM

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008
June 30, 2016, 03:42:44 PM
 New name is pretty weird. I  just hope most of original BCNext ideas would remain.
Activity: 121
June 30, 2016, 03:23:41 PM
thanks

can you please tell me what "fxt snapshot period" is?

The fxt isn't correct anymore. It's called Ardor now. You will get Ardor tokens for average amount of NXT you hold in your account in the snapshot period. Every hour a snapshot is made and after 3 months you will get the average amount in Ardor tokens (Nxt2.0).

https://nxtforum.org/core-development-announcements/(ann)-ardor-or-nxt-2-0-a-scalable-child-chain-platform

Is the snapshot hour known?

I assume it starts from the time of a particular block on July 14th. The official Ardor thread says snapshotting will stop at block 1,000,000 on October 12th, 2016. However it doesn't say what block snapshotting will start at, only that snapshotting starts on July 14th.

Snapshots will start be taken on an hourly basis, starting on July 14th to October 12th. Then, your total NXT will be averaged, and you'll receive that amount in Ardor tokens on October 12th, which will be freely tradeable up until the Ardor system launches.

At block 1,000,000 on October 12th, 2016, snapshotting will stop, and you'll be allowed to trade your Ardor tokens in NXT 1.9 in preparation for the launch of the Ardor blockchain.

legendary
June 30, 2016, 02:30:09 PM
I am very interested in ARDOR NXT, so I will keep a close eye on this one.

Great, welcome!  Smiley
Activity: 244
June 30, 2016, 11:31:40 AM
I am very interested in ARDOR NXT, so I will keep a close eye on this one.
Activity: 448
June 30, 2016, 10:10:53 AM
thanks

can you please tell me what "fxt snapshot period" is?

The fxt isn't correct anymore. It's called Ardor now. You will get Ardor tokens for average amount of NXT you hold in your account in the snapshot period. Every hour a snapshot is made and after 3 months you will get the average amount in Ardor tokens (Nxt2.0).

https://nxtforum.org/core-development-announcements/(ann)-ardor-or-nxt-2-0-a-scalable-child-chain-platform

Is the snapshot hour known?
Pages:
Jump to: