Pages:
Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 98. (Read 395743 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 327
Is the mainnet active for ARdor? I have collected enough tokens to forge . As I am so excited to see the new and independent ARDor wallet. Hope it will be releasing soon.

No, take a look at their roadmap here https://www.jelurida.com/ardor-roadmap
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005
Is the mainnet active for ARdor? I have collected enough tokens to forge . As I am so excited to see the new and independent ARDor wallet. Hope it will be releasing soon.

Not yet, according to the  latest news Ardor will go live at the beginning of November. If you are curious, you can test Ardor testnet at https://ardor.jelurida.com/

You can feel some timeline here: www.jelurida.com/ico
Activity: 210
Merit: 101
Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

ARDR is a forging token of the parent chain of the Ardor platform. ARDR is a locomotive, an engine that pulls the "cars" (child chains). Can't do without an engine, it's very valuable. Only the parent chain and Ardor token can do forging.

IGNIS is one of the child chains. It is the first default community child chain, it very likely will be the most decentralized of all child chains. These characteristics give it value.

Users of all child chains will have to pay fees to have their "cars pulled" (transactions processed into blocks) to users who own Ardor tokens and do forging (act as the engine).

The more child chains the platform will host and the more activity within those child chains, the more demand for Ardor tokens and the more profit to forgers.

Private and public child chains can be ordered to be added to the platform by companies, communities, towns, etc. They will all have to pay fees to forgers to have their transactions processed. This locomotive can pull many "cars". I hope this helps to understand the Ardor design better.

Wonderful explanation! .. Bulls eye and very basic terms to help create the awareness about Ardor and child projects based on this platform.  Smiley
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Activity: 403
Merit: 250

ARDR is a forging token of the parent chain of the Ardor platform. ARDR is a locomotive, an engine that pulls the "cars" (child chains). Can't do without an engine, it's very valuable. Only the parent chain and Ardor token can do forging.

IGNIS is one of the child chains. It is the first default community child chain, it very likely will be the most decentralized of all child chains. These characteristics give it value.

Users of all child chains will have to pay fees to have their "cars pulled" (transactions processed into blocks) to users who own Ardor tokens and do forging (act as the engine).

The more child chains the platform will host and the more activity within those child chains, the more demand for Ardor tokens and the more profit to forgers.

Private and public child chains can be ordered to be added to the platform by companies, communities, towns, etc. They will all have to pay fees to forgers to have their transactions processed. This locomotive can pull many "cars". I hope this helps to understand the Ardor design better.

Thanks for that explanation!

so do you get ignis with ardor? or only with nxt?

Only with nxt, I think. That's the reason that nxt's price increases a lot recently.

Just some days to Ignis ico, i think that NXT price will rise before ico start. Good chance to buy NXT now, many altcoins was dumped on BCC hardfork panic. And we can hold NXT for Ignis snapshoot too.
legendary
@lurker10, Hi, have some questions
1) zero-balance- Nxt- account (NXT=0 and ARDR =0) :   will  it be transferred to ARDOR platform at the launch. 
2) Being on Ardor platform, will it be possible to transfer some ARDR to other account? If, yes,  what token such transfer will require as a fee, ARDR or IGNIS?

1) Nothing will be transferred or distributed as both are 0. The same passphrase will open the same account id on Ardor.
2) Yes, fee will be in ARDR. ARDR token will be forging, can be transferred, leased to another account, traded in coin exchange inside Ardor platform. Nothing more. All Nxt features will have Ignis.
legendary

Only NXT. More details are here: www.jelurida.com/ico
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Only with nxt, I think. That's the reason that nxt's price increases a lot recently.
Activity: 392

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635
@lurker10, Hi, have some questions
1) zero-balance- Nxt- account (NXT=0 and ARDR =0) :   will  it be transferred to ARDOR platform at the launch.  
2) Being on Ardor platform, will it be possible to transfer some ARDR to other account? If, yes,  what token such transfer will require as a fee, ARDR or IGNIS?
legendary
Activity: 378
and NXT will be gone and worthless? or what will happen to this blockchain and all the features NXT provides?

It depends on demand. If community stops using it favoring Ardor instead, it can fade away, and Ardor will carry on from there. Jelurida have expressed their intention to keep engineering support of Nxt, but it's up to the users what's going to happen. Honestly, Ardor supersedes Nxt beautifully and there should be no need for Nxt once Ardor is an established network, but again, users have the final say.

In my opinion we haven't seen the ultimate bubble in crypto, far from it. Cryptocurrency industry has yet to earn its first Trillion USD marketcap, and I believe it will be more than one Trillion. Ardor alone or with Nxt together, being unique, secure and mature cryptocurrency products, will get a nice share of this pie in the years to come.

but this sounds like sell all my NXT for Ardor after the Ignis tokens are distributed. i only need my nxt to get free ignis.

As I said earlier, after Ardor is launched demand for Nxt will be in the market's hands.
I am sure many people will do exactly what you said. Personally, I will keep some Nxt and will continue to run nodes and forge, both Nxt and Ardor.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113
and NXT will be gone and worthless? or what will happen to this blockchain and all the features NXT provides?

It depends on demand. If community stops using it favoring Ardor instead, it can fade away, and Ardor will carry on from there. Jelurida have expressed their intention to keep engineering support of Nxt, but it's up to the users what's going to happen. Honestly, Ardor supersedes Nxt beautifully and there should be no need for Nxt once Ardor is an established network, but again, users have the final say.

In my opinion we haven't seen the ultimate bubble in crypto, far from it. Cryptocurrency industry has yet to earn its first Trillion USD marketcap, and I believe it will be more than one Trillion. Ardor alone or with Nxt together, being unique, secure and mature cryptocurrency products, will get a nice share of this pie in the years to come.

but this sounds like sell all my NXT for Ardor after the Ignis tokens are distributed. i only need my nxt to get free ignis.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 364
Can you please make the differences between Ardor (ARDR) and Ignis more clear?

From what I understood Ardor is used for the transactions and Ignis is the actual "money"? Is that correct?

And if so. How should one distribute between those two? Get as many ARDR as Ignis? More ARDR, more Ignis?

I am totally confused about this.

This is a great explanation, ELI5 proof  Grin. I wish Jelurida would be able to communicate to a broader non-IT audience like that. Everywhere you look there's these questions about Ignis and Ardor.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

From what I understood Ardor is used for the transactions and Ignis is the actual "money"? Is that correct?

And if so. How should one distribute between those two? Get as many ARDR as Ignis? More ARDR, more Ignis?

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
The first round of ICO will start on August, 5th with the price of 0.4 NXT of 1 JLRD. The starting date for the last one is October 7th and the price 1.45 NXT. The Ardor platform will be launched in Q4 instead of Q3 planned The snapshot at the end of October  https://www.jelurida.com/ico

Where can I find a good instruction on what IGNIS?

It's the first chain on the Ardor platform.

Why another ICO?

Another? Were there any ICO's before? Yes, in 2013 with Nxt itself. But I think that's about it.

So after nxt, ardor no other coin has been created on the nxt platform? That’s sad to hear this project has great potential hope to see more chains built on this platform!

I am a little confused. Is JLRD the same as IGNIS? Will JLRD be converted to IGNIS when the
Platform is launched?

Undecided
Activity: 50
Merit: 0

you are correct
Ardor is more to protect the child chains, and receive the fees. it is the technical side

IGNIS will be the usable side with all NXT functions and more

How should you distribute your money between the two is your decisions, it's up to you to make your choice.
Pages:
Jump to: