Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 139. (Read 395740 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003
ARDR is on steady growth watching the price on poloniex it might go for 50% if updates keeps on coming and the community that support it will also do their part.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
FYI, newcomers!
Did you know you can mine NXT (and buy Ardor with it on the Nxt Asset Exchange!) in the Lucky node project?
Computational and bandwidth requirements are very low - some users run it on a Raspberry Pi.
Run the node 24/7 or as often as you can while you work or play.
Join in with the over 100 nodes that are already in the project.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
Let's hope it finally takes off!

It wont for now. BTC is launching engines and will soon lift the cumulative market cap to 100 billion. That said, the combined altcrypto capitalization will shrink and one day cross 1K usd coz alts aint worth anything and have no utility in real world applications.

You may be right, but Bitcoin is not ready for mass usage. It is having hard time sending the transactoins just now, the mempool of Bitcoin is flooding and the fees are going up because people don't want to wait 20 hours for one tx. people will start using other coins for paying for their pizza's and coffee, Bitcoin can be gold, but in the current state it's not ready for million transactions. Scalability is a serious problem for the longterm and I glad Ardor (and other projects) see this urgence and try to figure out that problem now. Eventually we will have an advantage.

Hmmmm... I'm not sure what people are talking about. I've sent several Bitcoin transactions over the past few days and all went through in roughly 10 minutes with a fee of .0001 BTC. But yes eventually the network will come to a screeching halt.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
UPDATE

After talking to the Core Devs, it turns out to be a NEW feature that was added to Ardor:

Coin Exchange, that allows trading one child chain token for another or to Ardor.

What I was describing was the means to do all this by Assets, but apparently they pulled another rabbit out of their hats. Smiley
Activity: 26
Merit: 0

Let's not. NXT was one of those assets that u want to own but couldn't afford due to baselessly high price rate. NXT didn't offer anything new to the town, and this is understandable because it wasn't meant to be a liable asset. Rather it was designed to be an object of worship. I can code the coin in java and buy a loop of rubber for pushing my eyelids to each side of my face, making me look like a chinese, and launch my java coin under the pretense Im an asian innovator.
You're an idiot go fuck yourself
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
ARDOR next stop 2000 sats  Wink Wink Wink

yeah I think 2k today.. and then more Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119
It's all mathematics...!
ardr is good.. I think the price will be 2x in the next days.. Smiley #altsareback Smiley

I think your right Jim...  Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
ARDOR next stop 2000 sats  Wink Wink Wink
legendary
legendary
soon breakout confirmation.. Smiley
Activity: 592

Let's not. NXT was one of those assets that u want to own but couldn't afford due to baselessly high price rate. NXT didn't offer anything new to the town, and this is understandable because it wasn't meant to be a liable asset. Rather it was designed to be an object of worship. I can code the coin in java and buy a loop of rubber for pushing my eyelids to each side of my face, making me look like a chinese, and launch my java coin under the pretense Im an asian innovator.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
Ardor will allow payment providers to use its Assets to trade currencies over multiple chains.

Assets on Ardor are GLOBAL, which means you can trade them across all child chains.

When properly set up (and it's easy to do so) you can use Asset tokens to represent another currency (BTC, EUR, USD, NXT, ETH, whatever) and trade them using Ardors AE.

You can then manage currency trades and payments on each chain with these Asset Tokens.

Anyone who wants to set this up or use Ardor in this way can contact me. We will help out first movers with bootstrapping.

legendary
I think after that wall at 1.5k will be eaten..we will start the real fomo
legendary
ardr is good.. I think the price will be 2x in the next days.. Smiley #altsareback Smiley
Activity: 378
FYI, newcomers!
Did you know you can mine NXT (and buy Ardor with it on the Nxt Asset Exchange!) in the Lucky node project?
Computational and bandwidth requirements are very low - some users run it on a Raspberry Pi.
Run the node 24/7 or as often as you can while you work or play.
Join in with the over 100 nodes that are already in the project.
Activity: 330
New newsletter from the Nxter team!

Nxt News – January 2017 (I): Every Beginning is Cheerful
https://nxter.org/nxt-news-january-2017-i-every-beginning-is-cheerful/
Great article!
Activity: 283
Great stuff, thanks!

The BNP Paribas news is quite big! Strange coindesk hasn't specified it is the NXT platform, rather than 'blockchain'. I look forward to the solutions that nxt/bnp paribas will find.
Activity: 770
New newsletter from the Nxter team!

Nxt News – January 2017 (I): Every Beginning is Cheerful
https://nxter.org/nxt-news-january-2017-i-every-beginning-is-cheerful/
Activity: 581
Merit: 253

It wont for now. BTC is launching engines and will soon lift the cumulative market cap to 100 billion. That said, the combined altcrypto capitalization will shrink and one day cross 1K usd coz alts aint worth anything and have no utility in real world applications.

You clearly havent read about what is the Ardor project arent you ?

I see his point. Although I don't see why would he even spend time in alts threads with such point of view instead of just keeping some BTC in his wallet and waiting for $100B Bitcoin capitalization.

He's probably buying Ardor right now.... Wink
legendary
Activity: 1205

You may be right, but Bitcoin is not ready for mass usage. It is having hard time sending the transactoins just now, the mempool of Bitcoin is flooding and the fees are going up because people don't want to wait 20 hours for one tx. people will start using other coins for paying for their pizza's and coffee, Bitcoin can be gold, but in the current state it's not ready for million transactions. Scalability is a serious problem for the longterm and I glad Ardor (and other projects) see this urgence and try to figure out that problem now. Eventually we will have an advantage.
Jump to: