Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 181. (Read 395481 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
How are the forging pools catering to the ardor snapshots? Are they passing on ardor tokens?
No need for pools to redistribute ARDR. Because one of the great things about Nxt is that you can lease your forging power without leasing your coins. So the coins stay on your account and you get the ARDR to your account although you are leasing the forging power of your coins.

Will the user who lease the forging power also earn ARDR in the distribution phase? Does ARDR is paid to all new coins from forging?

There are no new coins in Nxt. Nxt has a fixed supply of coins (NXT). The coins gained by forging are the fees people pay to send transactions.

The forging pools accumulate the NXT fees in their forging account, and that account will be accumulating ARDOR like all other accounts. Are the pools going to distribute the ARDOR? afaik the pools don't distribute NXT until users request payment of their share, so the pools hold some nxt on behalf of pool members. There is uncertainty here ...

Yes, there is uncertainty, will the major pools be distributing the ARDOR to members, or will they keep it?

It might be  a difficult task to calculate with so many variables, but it should be possible to calculate with some scripting and the blockchain record. The large pool has already accumulated nearly 21K ARDR so far, so it's not going to be a trivial amount by October 12.

https://www.mynxt.info/account/NXT-K5KL-23DJ-3XLK-22222 - has 28M NXT forging power!

Did the poo operator of NXT-K5KL-23DJ-3XLK-22222 ever respond to this, is he passing on ARDR?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
Interested in this. A couple questions though: If you buy NXT, I read that you can keep your coins on Poloniex and when the devs take the snapshot, you'll be awarded Ardor. Is it true that Polo's participating with the devs on the snapshot? Also, do we get to keep our NXTs plus also get rewarded our Ardor? There's no burning of NXTs or anything like that? Thanks!

Polo said they will award nxt to holders on the exchange, but do you really want to trust them? If you transfer it to your own wallet and forge you can get a chance at a piece of the free 5 million nxt bounty just by forging. Nxt is not going to be burnt. You will receive ardor along with nxt, and once ardor has passed you will also receive 0.5 of the new child chain per nxt when ardor goes live in another snapshot.

Ok thanks! Seems like a no brainer then.
Activity: 385
Merit: 250
Interested in this. A couple questions though: If you buy NXT, I read that you can keep your coins on Poloniex and when the devs take the snapshot, you'll be awarded Ardor. Is it true that Polo's participating with the devs on the snapshot? Also, do we get to keep our NXTs plus also get rewarded our Ardor? There's no burning of NXTs or anything like that? Thanks!

Polo said they will award nxt to holders on the exchange, but do you really want to trust them? If you transfer it to your own wallet and forge you can get a chance at a piece of the free 5 million nxt bounty just by forging. Nxt is not going to be burnt. You will receive ardor along with nxt, and once ardor has passed you will also receive 0.5 of the new child chain per nxt when ardor goes live in another snapshot.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
Activity: 321
Merit: 252
It's not only NXT that we can shuffle. We can shuffle BTC, LTC, DOGE etc. any day. Thanks to the Multigateway and Nxt we have for example the SuperBTC asset that can be shuffled just like NXT. After the shuffle your SuperBTC are in a new Nxt account you control and the corresponding amount of BTC can be withdrawn to your BTC address using the Supernet Lite Client. All you need are fellow shufflers. Shocked
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
Just bad research by @coindesk. #Coinshuffle was implemented in Nov. 2015 by #Nxt and was audited by Ruffing himself.
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-privacy-advances-first-coinshuffle-transaction/
-------
Nxt was there first: https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-7-0e/

30 November 2015, 00:59:59

https://nxtforum.org/core-development-discussion/coin-shuffling-code-review-by-tim-ruffing/msg200411/#msg200411

The creatior of the coindesk article himself even audit the Nxt version

Coindesk has always had a weird bias against NXT, right from the first days in Nov 2013,
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Maybe who know?
Does POLONIEX counting Ardor if to have NXT on balance in account?
In other words, POLO participated in the Ardor snapshot?

Yes same as BTC38 and Bittrex.

They are helping with the snapshots.
Dont know if sell orders count though. Exchanges can decide to do whatever they want
Activity: 560
Maybe who know?
Does POLONIEX counting Ardor if to have NXT on balance in account?
In other words, POLO participated in the Ardor snapshot?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I think the snapshot ends on october 11 or so, with my calculation we should be close to 50% of the exercise and far from 25%. Please if I'm wrong, I will like to know the date the snapshot is going to end

Yes 50% of the snapshotting time remains.
Still enough time to get some free Ardor for your Nxt.
This week, we’ve completed 25% of the snapshot process for the future distribution of the ARDR token. Those of you who have kept their NXT stake from the beginning of this process (July, 14th), should have received 1/4th of your NXT stake in ARDR (and growing).

Where does one recieve the NXT stake in Ardor ? Cannot see them on the client .

I think the snapshot ends on october 11 or so, with my calculation we should be close to 50% of the exercise and far from 25%. Please if I'm wrong, I will like to know the date the snapshot is going to end

Block 1 000 000 is the end. This will approximately be the 12th of October.
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
This week, we’ve completed 25% of the snapshot process for the future distribution of the ARDR token. Those of you who have kept their NXT stake from the beginning of this process (July, 14th), should have received 1/4th of your NXT stake in ARDR (and growing).

In the nxt wallet in the top left block, you can click the button named "Ardor Distribution Status".
Thanks had to upload the new version, now I am able to see.
Activity: 742
The revolutionary trading ecosystem

Just bad research by @coindesk. #Coinshuffle was implemented in Nov. 2015 by #Nxt and was audited by Ruffing himself.
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-privacy-advances-first-coinshuffle-transaction/
-------
Nxt was there first: https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-7-0e/

30 November 2015, 00:59:59

https://nxtforum.org/core-development-discussion/coin-shuffling-code-review-by-tim-ruffing/msg200411/#msg200411

The creatior of the coindesk article himself even audit the Nxt version
Activity: 38
Merit: 0

In the nxt wallet in the top left block, you can click the button named "Ardor Distribution Status".
Activity: 208

Anyone having issues registering at the nxtforum website? The system tells me that I need to verify my account, but I never receive the verification email. I've tried it with my gmail, iCloud and private work email account with no luck. Hopefully an admin from the site see's this and can help out.

I have an Archival node up and forging with 100,000 NXT and would like to join the community.

Hi welcome!
They are working on it.
Try slack for quick chat.
http://Https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com
Activity: 212
Anyone having issues registering at the nxtforum website? The system tells me that I need to verify my account, but I never receive the verification email. I've tried it with my gmail, iCloud and private work email account with no luck. Hopefully an admin from the site see's this and can help out.

I have an Archival node up and forging with 100,000 NXT and would like to join the community.
Jump to: