Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 185. (Read 395481 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Will FNX be tradable as an asset at the time ardor will be?
Activity: 321
Merit: 252
Can someone confirm that
a) I don't need to download the full blockchain on 9.2 for my Ardor to count
B) if i held NXT before the snapshot period for over 6 months on the old client. Then the Ardor count will take into account the period i have held my NXt in total not the period since i used the next client 9.2
B is sort of related to A which is why i sort of need clarification as this blockchain is taking loooong to download

Dont worry! As wolffang said: ARDR distribution mechanism is client version agnostic, because account IDs and keys are global Smiley

If you want to have the blockchain downloaded faster, you can use http://peerexplorer.com/. Just scroll down and click on the little blue word "Download" on the bottom of the site. Then follow the instructions given according to your operation system.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Can someone confirm that
B) if i held NXT before the snapshot period for over 6 months on the old client. Then the Ardor count will take into account the period i have held my NXt in total not the period since i used the next client 9.2
B is sort of related to A which is why i sort of need clarification as this blockchain is taking loooong to download

Use the New release :
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-10-1/

It is light client so you can use while the download is on the background.

Ardor is connected to your nxt id. Confirmations and ardor count are done on the blockchain whether you have the client or not.

After snapshots you get the ardor asset. If you want to trade it directly you need the blockchain downloaded to be able to trade on the Nxt decentralized asset exchange.
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
Bancor
Can someone confirm that
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
How are the forging pools catering to the ardor snapshots? Are they passing on ardor tokens?
No need for pools to redistribute ARDR. Because one of the great things about Nxt is that you can lease your forging power without leasing your coins. So the coins stay on your account and you get the ARDR to your account although you are leasing the forging power of your coins.

Will the user who lease the forging power also earn ARDR in the distribution phase? Does ARDR is paid to all new coins from forging?

There are no new coins in Nxt. Nxt has a fixed supply of coins (NXT). The coins gained by forging are the fees people pay to send transactions.

The forging pools accumulate the NXT fees in their forging account, and that account will be accumulating ARDOR like all other accounts. Are the pools going to distribute the ARDOR? afaik the pools don't distribute NXT until users request payment of their share, so the pools hold some nxt on behalf of pool members. There is uncertainty here ...

Yes, there is uncertainty, will the major pools be distributing the ARDOR to members, or will they keep it?

It might be  a difficult task to calculate with so many variables, but it should be possible to calculate with some scripting and the blockchain record. The large pool has already accumulated nearly 21K ARDR so far, so it's not going to be a trivial amount by October 12.

https://www.mynxt.info/account/NXT-K5KL-23DJ-3XLK-22222 - has 28M NXT forging power!
Activity: 405
How are the forging pools catering to the ardor snapshots? Are they passing on ardor tokens?
No need for pools to redistribute ARDR. Because one of the great things about Nxt is that you can lease your forging power without leasing your coins. So the coins stay on your account and you get the ARDR to your account although you are leasing the forging power of your coins.

Will the user who lease the forging power also earn ARDR in the distribution phase? Does ARDR is paid to all new coins from forging?

There are no new coins in Nxt. Nxt has a fixed supply of coins (NXT). The coins gained by forging are the fees people pay to send transactions.

The forging pools accumulate the NXT fees in their forging account, and that account will be accumulating ARDOR like all other accounts. Are the pools going to distribute the ARDOR? afaik the pools don't distribute NXT until users request payment of their share, so the pools hold some nxt on behalf of pool members. There is uncertainty here ...

Yes, there is uncertainty, will the major pools be distributing the ARDOR to members, or will they keep it?
Activity: 383
After the Ardor Snapshot,  NXT will not plummet in value.   NXT is still home to the Multigateway and it could be used in an exchange like fashion.  Especially when atomic swaps and Instantdex is complete.   NXT exchange fees even with this massive increase in nxt price  only end up like 3 NXT ( 15000 satoshi ) when all said and done,  1 NXT to buy the order and 2 NXT to send to a non-NXT address plus txfees of the coin.  Atomic Swaps will make this competitive method of transacting.

Color me quite skeptical on that one. But what do I know, right?

The point is NXT will still have use even after Ardor.  If anything a lower NXT price makes the MGW even more attractive.  

The current rise in price is obviously because of Ardor.   But post-Ardor ,  there are several reasons why people may prefer to stay on the system.  The MGW currently sees relatively little use due to the steps you have to jump through to do transactions.  ( i.e.  need NXT to list/delist buy/sell  etc. )  but if Instantdex delivers on its promise then all of those extra steps would be done behind the scenes.    The FNX token is another reason for people to stay. As well as continued incentivization like Megalodons forging bounty the lucky node lottery   etc.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out to say the least  
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
After the Ardor Snapshot,  NXT will not plummet in value.   NXT is still home to the Multigateway and it could be used in an exchange like fashion.  Especially when atomic swaps and Instantdex is complete.   NXT exchange fees even with this massive increase in nxt price  only end up like 3 NXT ( 15000 satoshi ) when all said and done,  1 NXT to buy the order and 2 NXT to send to a non-NXT address plus txfees of the coin.  Atomic Swaps will make this competitive method of transacting.

Sorry but I will have to disagree. NXT is rising because of the Ardor snap shot announcement. The NXT community were the ones who first hurriedly bought NXT and made it rise in price. Before that NXT was already on the way down below 1000 satoshis. "Multigateway" or "atomic swaps" were not making the price go up. But speculation because of the Ardor snap shots did.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Color me quite skeptical on that one. But what do I know, right?
Activity: 383
Activity: 294
please help gofund.me/bigs21024 Family in need
It says snapshots will be taken of NXT to give tokens what if they are bought and sold on an exchange during the time how will this work. Thanks
legendary
Not by any model of real-world currently conceivable businesses, it won't.

Apparently you're not a visionary kind. Did you imagine something like bitcoin 10-20 years ago?

What Ardor offers is a way to operate a blockchain secured by decentralized consensus, cheaper and more safe than infrastructure and labor a child chain customer could achieve running their own blockchain.
If blockchains and the type of functions they can perform are here to stay, there will be large demand for what Ardor can offer.
Real-world currently conceivable businesses are not world of tomorrow conceivable businesses. You have a short term speculator's look, don't you?

You are right. You must also have the "angel" in Aol, Yahoo, Facebook and Uber. At least... You see, the problem is that I am mostly investing for me right now, not for my grandchildren. And even if I would, why would I mess with something other than what has already proven a significant success (but much less than some expectations), BTC? Most particularly why would I invest or support, longer term, something like NXT which, under best case scenarios, would make "the team" very, very rich while its investors/supporters (holders of the tokens) would be mostly left to dry and at the mercy of hackers/insiders?

I'm sure you see quite clearly my points, whether you choose to admit it or not. I see yours.

Meanwhile, on more mundane terms, we continue creeping up on diminished but significant volume.Which means the scheme continues working and we could reach double digits before any major sell off.
Activity: 406
Not by any model of real-world currently conceivable businesses, it won't.

Apparently you're not a visionary kind. Did you imagine something like bitcoin 10-20 years ago?

What Ardor offers is a way to operate a blockchain secured by decentralized consensus, cheaper and more safe than infrastructure and labor a child chain customer could achieve running their own blockchain.
If blockchains and the type of functions they can perform are here to stay, there will be large demand for what Ardor can offer.
Real-world currently conceivable businesses are not world of tomorrow conceivable businesses. You have a short term speculator's look, don't you?
legendary
Wow, I'm really floored. Thank you for your clear and well explained post. Finally! No mumbo-jumbo and generalities. I really appreciate it and, for the most part, agree with all your main statements... especially the one regarding the licensing of the technology and the hiring of the NXT team. Both of which will benefit ... THE NXT TEAM, no one else. What else's new. Thanks again for your sincerity and clarity in expressing what this whole project is at this state in the game. If you allow me the metaphor, we are an interesting set of tools to mine the "gold", but we will not extract gold itself in the crypto-gold rush. Fear assessment? At this stage, we don't even provide practical use cases for these tools, but if you go west and buy them, you may end up thinking of one or two...

Thanks again.

Why do you think Nxt 2.0 forging/child chain model is created? To have businesses operate their child blockchains secured by the forging chain. Ardor holders running the forging chain benefit from fees of businesses using child chains. You produce a lot of words, but you have grasped so little of the Nxt 2.0 concept.

I am beginning to grasp it. And I need all of those words to try to cut through the simple, generic, bullshit. For instance the generalization -completely empty of practical world meaning- that it could be used by "businesses". Not by any model of real-world currently conceivable businesses, it won't. But there's no denying that the crypto-world itself is a "business" (pretty shady for the most part), that involves 10 or more billion dollars, so I guess, semantically speaking, it qualifies. In that meaning, my above metaphor would be amplified to "a tool TO MAKE TOOLS to dig for gold...".
legendary
My main concern is that there is no plan to develop NXT chain after the snapshot which could cause the price to plummet because special attention would be given to Ardor. So NXT token could turn to doge coin with no developer behind it.

I have been posting about this: The ARDOR thing is just a SCHEME (not to be mistaken for a scam). In actuality, without any exchange in "value", what Ardor means is a DOUBLING of the number of "coins" in Next. Pure and simply. Next, consequently, ceases of having any value as ARDOR is implemented. That is quite straightforward... where the very smart scheme comes in is AFTER the Ardor is distributed when your holdings in NXT still will entitle you to 0.5 (at least) of the (still unnamed) coin/token resulting from the sale of the first child chain. I repeat again: It is a very, very smart scheme that has already worked very well -as reflected in the price, that I believe has a potential for a double from here still, within weeks-, but that could provoke a huge sell off eventually and before the distribution of ARDOR on October 10-12.

Of course the upside of this could be several. For instance, that the foundation finds the money that they apparently need (Huh) to further finance the child chains and instead of ).5 per 1 NXT distributes those tokes on a 1:1 basis. That would be one that will definitely extend the period of value of NXT for a while. But make no mistake about it, this smart scheme is designed with the dual purpose of reinforcing the network (many more coin will remain in wallets and forging up until the early days of october, at least, probably and possibly much longer), and to , as a consequence, eliminating a lot of sell-side liquidity on the exchanges AND increase the buy-side, both of which have already being accomplished to a significant extent. The inevitable consequence, has been already felt in the increase in both volume and price. Did I say it was a very smart scheme? It is.
Activity: 742
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
My main concern is that there is no plan to develop NXT chain after the snapshot which could cause the price to plummet because special attention would be given to Ardor. So NXT token could turn to doge coin with no developer behind it.
Activity: 406
Wow, I'm really floored. Thank you for your clear and well explained post. Finally! No mumbo-jumbo and generalities. I really appreciate it and, for the most part, agree with all your main statements... especially the one regarding the licensing of the technology and the hiring of the NXT team. Both of which will benefit ... THE NXT TEAM, no one else. What else's new. Thanks again for your sincerity and clarity in expressing what this whole project is at this state in the game. If you allow me the metaphor, we are an interesting set of tools to mine the "gold", but we will not extract gold itself in the crypto-gold rush. Fear assessment? At this stage, we don't even provide practical use cases for these tools, but if you go west and buy them, you may end up thinking of one or two...

Thanks again.

Why do you think Nxt 2.0 forging/child chain model is created? To have businesses operate their child blockchains secured by the forging chain. Ardor holders running the forging chain benefit from fees of businesses using child chains. You produce a lot of words, but you have grasped so little of the Nxt 2.0 concept.
legendary
Jump to: