Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 183. (Read 395481 times)

Activity: 753
Merit: 505
Also, wouldn't this get more attention if they made an Announcement of giving out $150,000 worth of NXT for X amount of users to promote ARDOR with signatures, twitter, Facebook mentions. Unless I'm reading it wrong, is it really $150,000 worth of NXTs? A lot can be done with that money to promote it. I mean the biggest thing about Ethereum is the promotion/hype.
Interested in getting more #NXT so you can get more #Ardor tokens? http://allcoinsnews.com/2016/08/17/ardor-launch-promoted-with-5-million-nxt-reward/

Question. All I have to do is just forge and I have the chance to win? Or is there anything else I have to do?
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Activity: 2114
Merit: 530
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Which token is the one used to pay fees & forge with on the Ardor platform, ARDR or FNX? Which one do people think will have more value?

Both will be needed to pay fees on their respective chains. As for forging, only Ardor will do it I think.
Child chains will have people - let us call them keepers - who will bundle transactions from users of the child chain and create a block in the child chain. The keeper submits the hash of the block to the Ardor boss chain and pays fees in Ardor tokens to one of forgers in the Ardor boss chain. A forger in the Ardor boss chain will take hashes from many keepers and create a block in the Ardor boss chain. That will be a permanent immutable decentralized record in the Ardor boss chain of everything that happens in child chains. At any time records of the past transactions of a child chain can be verified by the software downloading child chain blocks and comparing their hashes with the immutable records of said hashes in the Ardor boss chain. It's the general idea from explanations by the devs, I could miss details.

Both tokens will have value for different reasons. Which will have more value - let me get my crystal ball, wait, I broke it last year Sad

Great answer, thanks a lot Smiley

My crystal ball says ARDR will have more value eventually, but only after some point when the numbr of child chains is very high
Some people will look back and say and I was told about Ardor potentials and now the hot cake in town
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Which token is the one used to pay fees & forge with on the Ardor platform, ARDR or FNX? Which one do people think will have more value?

Both will be needed to pay fees on their respective chains. As for forging, only Ardor will do it I think.
Child chains will have people - let us call them keepers - who will bundle transactions from users of the child chain and create a block in the child chain. The keeper submits the hash of the block to the Ardor boss chain and pays fees in Ardor tokens to one of forgers in the Ardor boss chain. A forger in the Ardor boss chain will take hashes from many keepers and create a block in the Ardor boss chain. That will be a permanent immutable decentralized record in the Ardor boss chain of everything that happens in child chains. At any time records of the past transactions of a child chain can be verified by the software downloading child chain blocks and comparing their hashes with the immutable records of said hashes in the Ardor boss chain. It's the general idea from explanations by the devs, I could miss details.

Both tokens will have value for different reasons. Which will have more value - let me get my crystal ball, wait, I broke it last year Sad

Great answer, thanks a lot Smiley

My crystal ball says ARDR will have more value eventually, but only after some point when the numbr of child chains is very high

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
I think Lior's speech might be the great turning point in the history of NXT.
It really is something professionally unprecedented.

What speech? When?

I also like to know the speech. Is there a video or write-up? Link?

Thank You

https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=85.msg223126#msg223126
Activity: 38
Merit: 0

What speech? When?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soHe4UMyCCk&feature=youtu.be
Activity: 647
Merit: 260

What speech? When?

I also like to know the speech. Is there a video or write-up? Link?

Thank You

What speech? When?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Hi,
I have a guestion. What if I buy NXT on Poloniex, will I receive Ardors the 12 of October too? Will Poloniex cooperate in this regards(snapshots...)?

This question has been answer here several time, exchanges like Poloniex and Bittrex are taking part in the snapshot exercise, so there is no need for concern. You can also buy and move it to your wallet since it is on blockchain for security reasons

Really? Seems a complicated calculation if people hold for a few days and sell, buy back, etc. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
Hi,
I have a guestion. What if I buy NXT on Poloniex, will I receive Ardors the 12 of October too? Will Poloniex cooperate in this regards(snapshots...)?

This question has been answer here several time, exchanges like Poloniex and Bittrex are taking part in the snapshot exercise, so there is no need for concern. You can also buy and move it to your wallet since it is on blockchain for security reasons
Activity: 374
Prima Inter Pares
Hi,
Activity: 98
Merit: 24
Fras Coin - Customer Service
NXT and ARDOR still the best options, save currency haven
A simple question :

if i have some days with zero nxt balance how this affect my final balance of ardor?

thanks

I believe the calculation is ((NXT Balance * (Days Left))/90)

Not exactly. The ardor balance is calculated every hour. 2160 snapshots in 90 days.

Well yeah, but I'm just rounding it out to the day, since it's easier to understand.

((NXT Balance * (Days Left * 24))/((90*24)-Hours passed today))

I think that's a correct calculation. There's different ways to get to the same conclusion. I'm just doing it for fun.
I missed the initial announcement, but just got back into NXT to get some Ardor. There's two months left, so it's not too late. The value should be the NXT + the value or ARDOR. I just still a little confused of how child chains and the I think FNX all works, not being able to really visualize it. Like when I have ARDOR, what's the function of the FNX. (I think that's what it's called.)

Someone should create a video that would make the concept really clear for those just hearing about the concept, else the terms could be hard to understand for anyone casually reading.

Ardor is a forging chain, boss chain over all the child chains. The boss Ardor chain will not have utility functions, its purpose is to oversee that the decentralized consensus is maintained in the network. Functions of boss chain are few: maintaining consensus with forging, sending Ardor between accounts.
You must hold NXT to October 12, 2016 to receive Ardor.

****************** Banner Added For Visualization Wink****************

FNX is a default child chain. You must hold NXT to Q3 2017 to receive FNX.
Utility functions of child chains are: sending coins, arbitrary messages, asset exchange, voting, marketplace, coin shuffling, data cloud, something else I surely missed because there are too many. More utility functions will likely be added, you should check the Nxt client 1.10.1 in my sig, it's awesome. Apps are built around these utility functions of child chains.

By forging, you mean like mining is for Bitcoin right? In order words, Ardor will be used to "forging" (which would be like mining for those not familiar with NXT) and trading. Right?

Right. Forging is Nxt's term for staking. Staking is mining in the proof-of-stake world.
Ardor will be a staking token. FNX will be a business token on the first default child chain.
Other child chains will be added as the project matures - companies, communities of people should be able to create their own blockchain under consensus protection of the Ardor chain. If there is demand for blockchains in the future, creating a blockchain on the Ardor platform will be cheaper and headache-free for them. Companies outsource production to where production is more cost effective all the time. It will be much more cost effective and *secure* for them to run a blockchain on the Ardor platform.

You will be able to trade Ardor. Ardor tokens are like your Bitcoin mining asic gear that you can buy and sell, think of them as virtual asics. The difference is Bitcoin mining gear is outdated every few months because they invent new better ones. Ardor tokens can't be outdated, there are 999 million of them, there can't ever be more. Unlike outdating bitcoin mining gear, the forging power of 1 Ardor token is constant.

Thank you.
A simple question :

if i have some days with zero nxt balance how this affect my final balance of ardor?

thanks

Not exactly. The ardor balance is calculated every hour. 2160 snapshots in 90 days.
A simple question :

thanks

Jump to: