Pages:
Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 2. (Read 395396 times)

Activity: 206
Merit: 66
Jelurida Weekly Wins - 30 May 2022:

Lior comments about El Salvador’s Bitcoin play
This Cointelegraph article analyses whether the current drop in Bitcoin price and the crypto market volatility, in general, has somehow affected El Salvador’s strategy in the adoption of crypto assets as a legal tender and a store of value. Many blockchain and crypto experts stand in El Salvador’s favour and, among others, Lior Yaffe comments that the transition to Bitcoin as legal tender has been a strategic move to position the country as a local tech hub. The evaluation should be made in the long term, rather than on short-term price fluctuations. Besides, he's confident that in the bigger picture, a decentralised currency offers excellent benefits for small and emerging countries that may be struggling to support their local fiat.

Alberto mentioned in Forbes Spain & written press
The crypto market has begun an expected deflation, due to several factors that have affected the liquidity and confidence of the overall ecosystem. Alberto Fernandez, Jelurida blockchain expert, has been mentioned in this Forbes Spain article. He explains that two keys help avoid such a reaction mechanism when the market enters a downward cycle: the diversification and capital protection strategy. Referring to the UST and Luna crash, experts affirm that it’s not related to a failure of the blockchain technology, but rather poor planning of a specific project. Still, there are indeed scams within the crypto environment, thus three aspects must be considered: the business model offered by the whitepapers, the technical solvency and the proven experience of the project team, and the token economics if perfectly aligned with the initial business model. Alberto is also mentioned in the Spanish written press Inversion and Finanzas about “Lessons from the Terra collapse”.

We are hiring: Web & Mobile Developers and Senior Java Engineers
We are looking for Web and Mobile Developers and Senior Java Engineers to expand the Jelurida development and business team. If your skills and qualifications match the requirements, and you’re eager to join an innovative and solid blockchain software development company, this is your chance to become part of our team. For further information and applications, visit our careers page!

ICYMI - Ardor Library tools for Java Developers
Jelurida maintains a repository with Ardor Java libraries and scripts for compiling, testing and deploying Ardor lightweight contracts, add-ons or other projects that depend on the Ardor classes. Check the Ardor Library with tools for Java Developers!

Can NFT Games be fair? Bridge Champ & Play-To-Own model
Blockchain gaming is an exciting vertical in the crypto industry, and many developers are exploring new models to increase the appeal of games while maintaining the essence of online gaming: game fairness. Almost all Play-To-Earn games require players to purchase tokens or other digital assets to play, which increases the barriers to entry for new players and the concentration of wealth and assets in clubs, thus going against the decentralization spirit of the blockchain technology. For all these reasons, the Play-To-Own model remains the winning mechanism of P2E. Players will still be able to unlock rewards by levelling up in-game, and they’ll have new ways to apply these assets. This Chinese article by Deep Cloud Finance covers Bridge Champ for mastering the P2O model, as the world’s first online bridge game platform developed by Jelurida. In Bridge Champ, worldwide users can play with full transparency, all data are open and they can earn official IGNIS tokens while playing and showing excellent bridge skills.

Watch the video on Jelurida YouTube Channel!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD9Ir0aTwK0

Latest news Ardor.world / Unicorn.art — 31 May 2022
https://ardor-world.medium.com/latest-news-ardor-world-unicorn-art-31-may-2022-6e429a0ec212
Crowdfunding campaign Unicorn.art (UART token) — Completed!
Thank you for your participation!

https://twitter.com/ardor_world/status/1517195815340888064
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064
Juicin' crypto

The only other premine was the IGNIS premine in 2018 which was 50% of the supply, from which the majority were sold in a second ICO (for ARDR or NXT, I don't remember well). IGNIS however crashed pretty fast in 2018, so while I guess they made some money with that, it also were not big amounts compared to other ICOs of that time.

Jelurida actually made a a lot of money from the Ignis ICO.

They admit to making over 15M from the ICO alone.

This doesn't count the NXT/ARDR/IGNIS pump ... a lot of the ICO was paid in NXT, which conveniently had like a 10x runup (against btc) right after the ICO ended.

They made out like bandits.

i was in this shit for a bit...was going 'ok' but you could see it was all a pipedream the more you spoke to the devs.  these guys pulled the 'nice guy' scam stating all these huge promises, marketing/promo, side chain crap blahblahblah....even the devs acted like 'nice guys' always helping and trying to work with people/make deals.

Yeah Fucking Right...ALL LIES.  these american fuckers all in it for the money and they kept making all these shitcoin projects based off NXT, which they knew would amount to fuck all.  thus they just kept dragging ppl along with their shit.  pretty sad show i will say.  i hope they all eat dirt one day....i had some DM's on telegram with a couple of their main guys but they have since disappeared....of course.  these types are the fucking worst.

do not touch ANYTHING based of nxt or any coin near it like these.
New Project in Ardor Ecosystem

Unicorn.art NFT marketplace (UART token)
https://twitter.com/ardor_world/status/1512394706675773441
Activity: 1923
Merit: 321
English<->Pt-BR - Professional Translations(90+)
Is this built on the nxt blockchain or is it a standalone blockchain?

It seems that the forum is no longer used to report news or communicate with the community. As far as I know, Ardor is a multi-chain platform, and it has its own ecosystem, independent of NXT.

You can follow the project through this link: https://www.jelurida.com/ardor

Jelurida is the company responsible for maintaining both the NXT blockchain and the Ardor blockchain.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 10
Is this built on the nxt blockchain or is it a standalone blockchain?
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 6012
Decentralization Maximalist

15M was not very much in the ICO frenzy in 2017. It isn't even one of the top 50, which is poor considering that NXT was once one of the leading alts. Some sources say they got ~20-25M, but it's still far from Filecoin, Tezos et al. or even something much more limited like TenX.

This doesn't count the NXT/ARDR/IGNIS pump ... a lot of the ICO was paid in NXT, which conveniently had like a 10x runup (against btc) right after the ICO ended.
Yep, if they timed well they would have been able to get a lot more than 20 million, but they had a short window (basically December for February, the top of the bubble) and I don't believe there were able to sell that many NXT for these prices. I still consider the outcome better than in most other ICOs. They delivered the Ardor code on time and kept updating it. Marketing has been poor however. And yes, I definitively also agree with @xenon131 that the ecosystem is still very, very thin.

Anyway, I'm not longer supporting the ICO-based altcoin model. It always leads to excessive centralism, which is the root of the marketing problem (no word-of-mouth propaganda like it occured with Bitcoin, instead everything is expected to be done by the developer group, and if they fail with it, the coin can fail too).
Activity: 483
Merit: 250
I think devs should post the news here too, not only on  https://twitter.com/ArdorPlatform
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
Is this project related to NXT coin?
It is basically NXT 2.0. The same developers that started NXT created Ardor.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 10
Is this project related to NXT coin?
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

The only other premine was the IGNIS premine in 2018 which was 50% of the supply, from which the majority were sold in a second ICO (for ARDR or NXT, I don't remember well). IGNIS however crashed pretty fast in 2018, so while I guess they made some money with that, it also were not big amounts compared to other ICOs of that time.

They made out like bandits.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Don't count Ignis useless. It is for forging and has an economic value attached to it . Sure enough NXT team has some innovations to make the token more appealing to the crypto mass. 
legendary
Ardor can be used in forging, at least, but Ignis seems to be useless for me.
Hint: Cryptocurrencies do not only exist to "make money". There is also an action called "payment". (Large parts of the sh*tcoin circus may see that different, but I'm not considering myself part of that group. They may make or lose money, I don't care.) (SCNR)
Activity: 56
Merit: 5
Reserved. Bought some ignis. Best prise for investing.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Glad to see NXT still  is on the mix with ARDOR. It was really promising back then . As it were top 5 on coinmarketcap for almost 2 years. It kinda faded when more technologies came into play. But with ARDOR there are some things that up in their sleeves worth looking forward to.
legendary
What is the practical meaning of the NXT-ARDR-IGNIS trio?
NXT ist the original blockchain, created in late 2013 or early 2014. Today it could be called a legacy chain, but anybody can use it for the purposes they want.

ARDR is the main coin of the successor blockchain (originally called NXT 2.0) started in early 2018. ARDR were granted to all NXT holders at a specific snapshot.

IGNIS is an "official" token on the ARDR chain which uses the child chain mechanism and is meant to be used for payments, minor tokens, and so on, as its transaction fees are meant to be lower than ARDR's and its transactions can be pruned.

The owners quarreled. But they made good money on premine.
The NXT ICO (it could be called as such) which is the root of the wealth on all 3 chains only got them about 20-25 BTC, which in 2013/14 were worth about ~$1000 or less, so their total income from that was likely 10-20K USD. So it wasn't comparable to the ICOs of 2017. However, as it's almost sure that they also participated in their own ICO, I think they made good money anyway if they sold some of their coins at NXT's peak.

Activity: 537
Merit: 251
What is the practical meaning of the NXT-ARDR-IGNIS trio? The owners quarreled. But they made good money on premine.
Activity: 1923
Merit: 321
English<->Pt-BR - Professional Translations(90+)
It is a platform that still has a lot to grow, it needs greater adoption, I always liked NXT a lot and I also like ARDOR a lot, it would be great to see more people using it, not just speculating. The platform has many aggregated services.
legendary
After a looooooong sleep Ardor seems to be recovering. 60% up this week up to >200M market cap, and again stable in the top 100 of the "coins" (excluding tokens ARDR is at #67 now). Still a long way to go to a new ATH though. Even if I question the often-mentioned "ATH" of >2 billion - this value was reached only in a situation where the availability of ARDR was extremely restricted because of the mainchain launch and the freeze of the token. I would place the "real" ATH more near 1-1,5 billion.

My opinion has become more critical to coins with a centralized development model, but ARDR has a more interesting concept than 95% of the other coins of this category. In some way, it predates the SHOM (Sidechain headers on mainchain) concept considered to scale Bitcoin. It is also the first convincing application of the "mini blockchain scheme" (I can elaborate if someone is interested). Tl;dr: it's one of the best attempts so far to scale a blockchain, even if it has some minor flaws. So I reckon it can return to the top 100 or even top 50.
Ardor.World Update
$IGNIS / $GPS / $BITSWIFT Asset Report -  Launched! Analyze assets and trade on Asset Exchange

https://twitter.com/ardor_world/status/1355520636689543172
Pages:
Jump to: