Pages:
Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 6. (Read 395419 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
the key problem is that what they delivered is not needed by market.
I doubt that. Until now the blockchain's USP, as I wrote, wasn't delivered (not because it's a scam but because they clarified that at their roadmap, from the beginning). So currently the Ardor child-chains do not offer significant advantages to other "token" solutions.

But once child chain pruning is delivered (testnet is planned still for late 2019 and mainnet for 2020), that would provide a crucial "maintainance cost" advantage to other blockchains, as initial blockchain download and full node RAM/disk space requirements would be much lower than for coins which do not offer that feature (the only exception is actually Cryptonite, an even much more smaller altcoin which has a similar system but without child chains).

they need to accept advices from community to delivered a much suitable product.
Yep, that's just what I'm criticizing too: the decision-making is too centralized. They however accept some advices (a comment I made at Stackexchange probably inspired minimal-trust lightweight contracts, as they implemented a technique Lior had described in his answer) and perhaps even pull requests as they write on their Bitbucket repo.

But generally speaking, I think the coin has not a problem related to missing features, but more of a communication problem. This thread, for example, is practically deserted, the Ardor forum has low activity, and there is confusion between the NXT and ARDOR brands (while Ardor isn't a particularly bad name, I would have preferred it to be called simply "NXT 2.0" as originally intended, but they cited intellectual property problems because of other NXT-named brands). And many ask themselves what the IGNIS token is meant for - the answer is actually that its utility depends also on the pruning feature as it would enable a lightweight payment sub-chain.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

I thought it was an asset, so it wouldn't be a token, I think. But maybe you need to wait for the app first ... if you have a spam email, you can sign up for a reminder.

Info found here:
https://triffic.world/en/airdrop

thank you very much.
U
Activity: 503
Merit: 106
what about ignis? i once received ignis tokens. because i did not sell all nxt @ath.
Main chain ARDOR was almost forgotten , so as ignis - child chain.
From the investing term, sell these un-pop ,buy more promising coins is the better choice.
Buy high, sell low Grin (or: Get airdropped high, sell low)

Ardor's USP (child chain pruning) is still not released, if it works as promised and is delivered at the end of 2019, it could be an error to sell for the current price.

But Ardor has also problems derived from its centralized management and the "shared-source" style license, but these are shared with other coins.
the key problem is that what they delivered is not needed by market.
This is really ironic,as the first pure PoS coin,it should have a better future rather than like now.
the team are genius,with enough coding skill,but they need better ideas,they need to change,they need to accept advices from community to delivered a much suitable product.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

ty for the hint. all i got is a message:
Hello! Win your bitcoins here ....

Hmm? I'm not sure what you are referring to there.

i did not find any gps tokens in my account.

but i found out that i received a spam message @ my ardor address.

I thought it was an asset, so it wouldn't be a token, I think. But maybe you need to wait for the app first ... if you have a spam email, you can sign up for a reminder.

Info found here:
https://triffic.world/en/airdrop
legendary

i did not find any gps tokens in my account.

but i found out that i received a spam message @ my ardor address.

legendary

well, then I will forget them again...

Might as well check if you got the freebie GPS tokens from holding it. Pretty sure it was something like a 20% airdrop. I think it is an Ignis asset, so you'd need to check the wallet. They aren't worth much (I think), but free is free.

Might as well check if you got the freebie GPS tokens from holding it. Pretty sure it was something like a 20% airdrop. I think it is an Ignis asset, so you'd need to check the wallet. They aren't worth much (I think), but free is free.
legendary
what about ignis? i once received ignis tokens. because i did not sell all nxt @ath.
From the investing term, sell these un-pop ,buy more promising coins is the better choice.

Ardor's USP (child chain pruning) is still not released, if it works as promised and is delivered at the end of 2019, it could be an error to sell for the current price.

But Ardor has also problems derived from its centralized management and the "shared-source" style license, but these are shared with other coins.

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist

U
legendary
U
staking is becoming supported by many nodes operators and staking services,Waves blockchain also opt to add block rewards for node mining,seems supported by community votes.
Will ARDOR consider adding such block rewards in the near future?
Activity: 206
Merit: 66
U
ardor/nxt is the most innovative coins,first fully pos coin,first mainchain-sidechain architecture ,and so on,the dev are working hard from day 1.

WORDPRESS of Crypto,but the market is really not satisfied.

Great news, ARDR and all associated projects with it are dead AF  Roll Eyes Undecided

I have to ask, mostly out of curiosity, are you a big BTC supporter and against all altcoins?

Just wondering, as when glancing through your post history, I see the last 100 posts (probably way more, but I am too lazy to check) from you are just random 'shitcoin', 'coin dead', 'rekt' comments on various unrelated coins. Seems weird for someone to have nothing better to do than go around knocking coins during a bear market. I mean, everything is down, including btc, so you can't be wrong. I'm just curious what the point is.

Either you are a btc maximalist (with a weird idea that knocking every alt in existence somehow helps btc) or a troll.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064
Juicin' crypto
Great news, ARDR and all associated projects with it are dead AF  Roll Eyes Undecided
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Great news!
ARDR has been listed on the txbit.io exchange.
Happy trading
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
An article was written on finance yahoo about Ardor and Jelurida, the benefits of these projects and how they contribute to DLT
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jelurida-ardor-blockchain-contribute-itu-112800002.html
Pages:
Jump to: