Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 215. (Read 395396 times)

Activity: 321
Merit: 252
Biggest bug of ARDR or NXT is that they don't have enough swedish girls. Great to see them finally working on this now.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Looking for shmexy coins!
Where can we need to submit "snap shot"?

No need to submit it, deves will take it, will average it after the period and then the Ardor tokens will be sent to each NXT address according to the snapshot average.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Where can we need to submit "snap shot"?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

[random thought] If people are starting to look at fundamentals due to the eth/dao hack, nxt/ardor might have a strong case.

I have bought 2 btc worth of NXT recently as this is all I can spare at the moment but if the price of NXT holds or drops before the snapshot period starts, I will be looking to get some more.

You have time, even during the snapshot period Smiley

Can you perhaps be so kind to answer this:

Can we get some additional information for people who are not much in NXT but are interested in Ardor? Same number of coins as NXT? No development fund, no premines, no bounties? Just 1/1 swap for NXT holders based on the snapshot average?

Ok, never mind. So this is what I understood. Buying NXT now and holding it through the snapshot period gives us NXT 2.0 main net tokens, which will later give us the same amount of main net coins on the new chain. Holding NXT until the genesis block of 2.0 is created ensures that we also get the uquivalent of 50% of the transaction tokens for the first child chain. At the end of the day we also get to keep our NXT 1.9 if we want to.

All in all buying NXT now gives us a share in a total of 3 projects (NXT 1.9, NXT 2.0, First Child Chain). Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

1. Same number of coins as the current amount of Nxt.
2. The dev and bizdev team are not holding back any Ardor, which is the consensus coin. They *will* keep back 50% of tokens on the first child chain, if no other funding is found.
3. Funding is actively being chased for many months now and we are in talks with parties. We're also chasing innovation money.
4. Premine doesn't make sense from a PoS point of view, but no, no coins kept back.
5. Bounties may become available, as we do have community funds and nxt foundation funds which could be used for such. Will keep you updated on this.
6. For the rest: yes, a 1:1 swap and you are in.

Extra: you don't need to hold Nxt until the Ardor Genesis block. After the 3 month snapshot, you will receive your Ardor tokens on the Nxt Asset Exchange which then can be traded if you wish. THOSE will be converted to Ardor on the new blockchain in the Genesis block. So there is at least a window to trade of half a year.

[random thought] If people are starting to look at fundamentals due to the eth/dao hack, nxt/ardor might have a strong case.

I have bought 2 btc worth of NXT recently as this is all I can spare at the moment but if the price of NXT holds or drops before the snapshot period starts, I will be looking to get some more.

Can we get some additional information for people who are not much in NXT but are interested in Ardor? Same number of coins as NXT? No development fund, no premines, no bounties? Just 1/1 swap for NXT holders based on the snapshot average?

Ok, never mind. So this is what I understood. Buying NXT now and holding it through the snapshot period gives us NXT 2.0 main net tokens, which will later give us the same amount of main net coins on the new chain. Holding NXT until the genesis block of 2.0 is created ensures that we also get the uquivalent of 50% of the transaction tokens for the first child chain. At the end of the day we also get to keep our NXT 1.9 if we want to.

All in all buying NXT now gives us a share in a total of 3 projects (NXT 1.9, NXT 2.0, First Child Chain). Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
I'm interested to see how this plays out.

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

Why is this getting such low attention here? It's a great opportunity to get into a new project and the team is top notch.

If you have Twitter, or are on any trollbox at a Nxt exchange, spread the word. Smiley

I am on it Wink Can we get some additional information for people who are not much in NXT but are interested in Ardor? Same number of coins as NXT? No development fund, no premines, no bounties? Just 1/1 swap for NXT holders based on the snapshot average?
legendary
Why is this getting such low attention here? It's a great opportunity to get into a new project and the team is top notch.

If you have Twitter, or are on any trollbox at a Nxt exchange, spread the word. Smiley
legendary
For those wishing to test, here is experimental release 1.9.1e.
It fixed a UI bug in 1.9.0e.

https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-9-1e/

We're very happy to get such a positive response to Ardor and we trust we'll deliver a good platform.

If you are or have a business and would like more information about Ardor and the possibilities of Child Chains, please send me a PM Smiley
legendary
Does the value of Assets in an account count toward the snapshot or just the amount of free Nxt in the account balance?

No, value in assets does not count, only balance of NXT in account.

What is about the supernet Asset. A lot of users thought that the Supernet Asset was build to support the newest Ideas of NXT.
Now, the biggest and newest Idea is presented and Supernet wouldn't be mentioned. Or did i miss something?

Supernet has it's own roadmap.

Supernet has mostly cut its direct ties to Nxt and is not dependent on Nxt.

They are their own project and make their own decisions.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005
Does the value of Assets in an account count toward the snapshot or just the amount of free Nxt in the account balance?

What is about the supernet Asset. A lot of users thought that the Supernet Asset was build to support the newest Ideas of NXT.
Now, the biggest and newest Idea is presented and Supernet wouldn't be mentioned. Or did i miss something?

Supernet has it's own roadmap.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

Activity: 310
In Crypto I trust.
legendary
1.9.0e released!

https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-9-0e/

Key points from the changelog:

This is an experimental release. It is a required update for all testnet nodes,
optional for main net.

This release enables taking multiple snapshots of accounts NXT balances, every
60 blocks, for a period of 90 days, and distributing an ARDR token based on the
average of those balances, at the end of the snapshot, to be used for the Ardor
consensus chain token distribution in Nxt 2.0.

On testnet, the snapshot will start at block 649400 and end at block 779000
(June 24).
On mainnet, the snapshot will start at block 870400 (expected July 14) and end
at block 1000000 (Oct 12).

To get your ARDR tokens, it is essential that you keep your NXT balance in your
own account.
There is no need to run a node or forge. It is the confirmed NXT
balance that is used for the snapshot, not the unconfirmed (available) balance,
so having some NXT locked in open AE bid orders, shufflings, etc, will not
affect your ARDR distribution. For balances on exchange accounts, it will be up
to each exchange to handle the re-distribution of the ARDR tokens that will get
automatically sent to the exchange account at snapshot end.

On the quote above: the Nxt Foundation will be in contact with exchanges to help out with this process. Will keep you updated.

Jump to: