Pages:
Author

Topic: Are ICOs scam? - page 2. (Read 5410 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0
December 31, 2017, 07:14:49 AM
There may very well be ICOs just meant to steal your money. On the other hand, not all of them are crooks. They just need a bit of research from our end.
Activity: 815
Merit: 502
December 31, 2017, 07:13:29 AM
I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.
If the project makes sense and the team is real, then it must be not a scam.
You should do a research for that.
Activity: 364
December 31, 2017, 06:58:26 AM
Yes,  few % of present ICOs are scam or either they are fake. this percentage is increasing day
by day due to formation of new ICOs on the daily basis. you must do lots of research before investing in them.

Real ICO always best for making money within short time
Activity: 222
Merit: 10
December 28, 2017, 01:52:41 PM
Some can be but some not, and some can be very rewarding also. You just need to do research and review them before joining.
Activity: 882
Merit: 250
December 27, 2017, 05:22:03 PM
It's important to assess the:
* team (known scammers or well experienced professionals?)
* possibility of the project (built on an existing platform, or inventing time travel?)
* marketing (active team or updates every 2 months?)
* roadmap (well documented with possible struggles, or 8 pages of vague info?)

If all these seem good, I'd say go for it (I recommend Adbank, they score high on all of the above)

With the time it is more and more difficult to find ICO that would show investors good results of its work. Whitepapers, whole information about the projects are not supportive in making good investments.
Activity: 95
December 27, 2017, 09:36:18 AM
In my country there are more than 10 ICO project and more than half are obviously scam. They even go to the country-side and lure greedy but lack knowledger farmer to their pit.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 379
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
December 27, 2017, 09:25:58 AM
I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.
You should have asked this question before joining.

Not all ICOs are scam. There are scam ICO and there are very good ICO. You just have to do a due diligence review before joining any.
Activity: 52
December 27, 2017, 09:23:22 AM
ICOs are likely start-ups. Some are bullshit and try to scam people but somes are really potiental and will be success in the future. So investing in ICOs could be consider as gambling. Cheesy
Activity: 152
December 27, 2017, 09:22:45 AM
Really depends.

Research is the most important thing. You have to remember that just because an ICO gets a lot of cash they still need time to make progress, hire staff and build everything.

Most ICO's just have a concept and once the ICO is finished they need to create it.
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
December 27, 2017, 09:22:21 AM
95% of the ICO is a scam, but there are cool ideas that are already working. It is necessary to wait another 1-2 years and in all countries will begin to regulate this
Activity: 79
December 27, 2017, 09:19:46 AM
Some ICOs are indeed scams. But not always. Some will not be realized, but not always it is stealing money. Investments are always a risk, but you can earn more from such aggressive tools than conservative ones.
Activity: 196
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
December 27, 2017, 08:29:57 AM
I heard that there are some ICO scam but of course there are a lot of legit ICO. Some of the coins just fail for some reason. The best thing to do is always research who released the coins. Check what are their plans in the future and how will they differ from the other coins in the market. Research the team that are behind the white paper and see if they are credible. If the idea is solid then I would be contacting people involved to confirm my faith before investing.
It should be said that most ICO projects are a scam. They just want to make a lot of money, and then they don't have anything.
Activity: 182
December 27, 2017, 05:04:39 AM
Can't be answered by a simple yes or no because it is an investment. It's important to do your research first before investing n any ICO. These campaigns doesn't always succeed.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
December 27, 2017, 04:30:52 AM
if ICO is still ongoing and in social media they are still active then chances are that ico is not a scam even though they just collect some money
Activity: 157
December 27, 2017, 04:07:01 AM
Actually, Not all ICO are scam, It was just alarming that there were so many ICO's out there so we should do which i not a scam. Another one, It becomes scam to think if the ICO or that project fails or if there's no development with project or the dev didn't continue it. If you are going to invest, then have a background check and look for it's roadmap.
Activity: 210
Merit: 102
December 24, 2017, 07:13:41 PM
I heard that there are some ICO scam but of course there are a lot of legit ICO. Some of the coins just fail for some reason. The best thing to do is always research who released the coins. Check what are their plans in the future and how will they differ from the other coins in the market. Research the team that are behind the white paper and see if they are credible. If the idea is solid then I would be contacting people involved to confirm my faith before investing.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech
December 24, 2017, 06:43:09 PM
It's important to assess the:
* team (known scammers or well experienced professionals?)
* possibility of the project (built on an existing platform, or inventing time travel?)
* marketing (active team or updates every 2 months?)
* roadmap (well documented with possible struggles, or 8 pages of vague info?)

If all these seem good, I'd say go for it (I recommend Adbank, they score high on all of the above)
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
December 12, 2017, 10:54:34 AM
What is it mean 5-10 mln dollars? Don’t you see clearly how much they have money yet? On my mind it is first necessary thing to have possibility of controlling ICO entrepreneurs and their funds.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
December 09, 2017, 05:29:04 PM
That's a risky yet good investment. I think it depends on what ICO you joined. Did you do some background check on it? Have you investigated the ICO? But think positive and i believe it will give you a good profit.
Activity: 1250
Merit: 100
Education-Ecosystem
December 09, 2017, 04:45:17 PM
Without any proper research you can't know for sure if an ICO is a scam or not, some you can check their website design, if it's crappy and you can't find team details it might be a scam.

Also, check their roadmap if it seems to you reachable, many have HUGE plans without any insurance that they will get even to first step on their roadmap.
Pages:
Jump to: