Pages:
Author

Topic: Are we all fools on believing the word "HOLD"? - page 25. (Read 5735 times)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 310
holding is a choice for a person just like in life, we tend to hold believing what we want will happen sooner or later, this kind of strategy sometimes give us fortune and hearbreak so be sure to be ready for the result
Activity: 812
Merit: 114
Your portfolio is extremely risky as you are holding mostly "older" alts, most of them have already been forgotten by the major part of crypto community and may never return on the paths of their old glory. But I understand that its extremely difficult to re-balance your portfolio right now as this would mean selling those alts almost at the rock bottom. But who knows, maybe we will again witness the hyper alt season and your "forgotten" alts will flourish again, fingers crossed. 

I don't think that time ever come when people invested without seeing the project well. In the previous bull run, every shitcoins gave good profit, but the bear run taught well the crypto community to support and invest only to best coins. So, I don't think the next bull run will help these old shitcoins.  OP should move on by selling these coins except the NPXS, as Pundix will have more big products in 2020!
Activity: 812
Merit: 503
The mistake has already been made and you've learnt from it, so check those projects which still give updates and foster their project development like NPXS and continue holding, then discard any which is dormant. I always tell people to take profit when need be, assuming you sold atleast 70% of your holdings when you were in profit,  it couldn't have been this way. By the way, thanks very much for sharing your experience, I read voraciously.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
who would not HODL when all your friends in the group chat are also doing the same, even if the price rise high already, they are still saying HODL
I have to ask, do you really know who those friends in your group chat really are?  Could it be possible that they're actually part of a pump and dump scheme?  You see a lot of crazy coin/token hype talk all around the internet and I would think that websites or apps like telegram and the like are infested with shills for all sorts of crap projects.

I have never even heard of the tokens on Op's list, and I looked up a couple of them (FUEL and KIN) just for the heck of it.  I think Op got caught up in token fever and held onto what he had far too long, and it's not a surprise that this was in 2018 just as prices were starting to crash.  Looking at the graph for FUEL, it hasn't done anything price wise in at least a year and I bet it never will.  If I was Op I would probably just dump all of those tokens for market price and invest the proceeds into bitcoin or Eth.  It may look like those tokens only have upside, but they could go to zero and probably will.
Activity: 644
Merit: 1
There were also some altcoins in my portfolio, which I had high hopes for, and held for the long term. But assessing the market situation, I nonetheless decided to sell, so as not to be in the red. And in Hold strategy I trust bitcoin more.
copper member
Activity: 280
Merit: 5
Holding has favoured many but I do not appreciate too long holding , I hold and dump when I see moon still buy back so holding isn't just my thing and truth is, greedy people gets affected the more through holding. Do your research properly so you could know when to dump, buy back and hold or know a potential project to hold for long.  Not all you see you buy or to follow mere speculations. Do Ur research and follow up .
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
Holding to the end is just as silly as crazy daytrading strategy Smiley
The more extreme and foolish earning style is using margin trading with 1x10 leverage, lol Smiley
Holding should be smart, without felling in love with any coin. Buy, hold, sell. No mercy Smiley
Activity: 645
Merit: 10
I use hold, it's a really good strategy. But in the current market situation, you need to use several strategies. If you just hold your coins, so it is possible to starve to death.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
I like to share my story being a crypto enthusiast, a trader and an investor at the same time.

I started in this forum in year 2015 when altcoins are still a good investment and Binance is still not the most popular exchange in the market.
I trade with Poloniex most of the time, sometimes I trade with Bittrex but then I realize that I am not so profitable with trading since I cannot focus on it due to the reason that i have a day job to prioritize.

Therefore, I started to invest for long term and I was entice by how the market moves and I was so optimistic that long term could really change my life.
So to make the story short, I invested with different altcoins and have help it until now.

Now, when the bull run comes, I still couldn't sell right away as I was getting greedy thinking I could earn more when I still hold.
of course, who would not HODL when all your friends in the group chat are also doing the same, even if the price rise high already, they are still saying HODL, and I really do it, and just sell a small portion of my investment to reward myself temporarily was I was into a big goal with my remaining investment.

And then, the correction comes started in year 2018, and I still didn't panic, continue to hold and even accumulate a bit when I see price has really dump a lot, just imagine ETH drop 10 times, so its really cheap and really tempting for any investors. So here I am now, I am still holding at a big loss but at the same time I am still hopeful one day my dreams will come into reality.

So top 10 of my portfolio consist of the following based on my blockfolio.

1) Atlant
2) Edgeless
3) Centra
4) Humaniq
5) Matchpool
6) Lunyr
7) KIN
8.) FUEL
9) SONM
10)NPXS

Please tell me if I should still expect I will be profitable or just give up now already.
You were so greedy but you did apply your best experience and failed. This is not possible to new coin before the time was come to release coin. You also started to invest in new coin, you are believing in new coin because of crypto benefits.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
Your portfolio is extremely risky as you are holding mostly "older" alts, most of them have already been forgotten by the major part of crypto community and may never return on the paths of their old glory. But I understand that its extremely difficult to re-balance your portfolio right now as this would mean selling those alts almost at the rock bottom. But who knows, maybe we will again witness the hyper alt season and your "forgotten" alts will flourish again, fingers crossed. 
Activity: 644
Merit: 12
Alternative investment banking platform
It seems to me that your whole portfolio is this pile of garbage, the only way to make money on it is to buy this list now, because if you bought it earlier, for example in the summer, I think that you are in a strong minus, and your whole portfolio consists of old ones altcoins and we all see how they quietly leave the exchanges and only the new ones come to replace them. And if an old coin that already costs nothing disappears from the exchange, its price drops to a very strong bottom.
Activity: 632
Merit: 60
Hold is a long-standing and working strategy, but it is not always relevant. I believe that we should always be in search of something new. Because the same strategy can't work for everyone the same way. There are many areas of earnings and fixate on one of them is unreasonable.
Activity: 672
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I think its a matter of what coin you hold because if you are holding a coin that is about to become a shitcoin then you're a fool, what I'm saying is that we must be very careful on choosing a coin to hold. Bitcoin is one of the examples that holding is still profitable since many people earn a huge amount of money just by holding and selling it at the right time.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
I like to share my story being a crypto enthusiast, a trader and an investor at the same time.

I started in this forum in year 2015 when altcoins are still a good investment and Binance is still not the most popular exchange in the market.
I trade with Poloniex most of the time, sometimes I trade with Bittrex but then I realize that I am not so profitable with trading since I cannot focus on it due to the reason that i have a day job to prioritize.

Therefore, I started to invest for long term and I was entice by how the market moves and I was so optimistic that long term could really change my life.
So to make the story short, I invested with different altcoins and have help it until now.

Now, when the bull run comes, I still couldn't sell right away as I was getting greedy thinking I could earn more when I still hold.
of course, who would not HODL when all your friends in the group chat are also doing the same, even if the price rise high already, they are still saying HODL, and I really do it, and just sell a small portion of my investment to reward myself temporarily was I was into a big goal with my remaining investment.

And then, the correction comes started in year 2018, and I still didn't panic, continue to hold and even accumulate a bit when I see price has really dump a lot, just imagine ETH drop 10 times, so its really cheap and really tempting for any investors. So here I am now, I am still holding at a big loss but at the same time I am still hopeful one day my dreams will come into reality.

1) Atlant
2) Edgeless
3) Centra
4) Humaniq
5) Matchpool
6) Lunyr
7) KIN
8.) FUEL
9) SONM
10)NPXS

Please tell me if I should still expect I will be profitable or just give up now already.

In my practice, there was a case when I received a crypto asset, which already cost quite well, but they knew to me that there would be even more growth and more money could be earned, as a result, the price of a crypto asset fell below the print, and I left with a nose. It seems to me that if you see a profit, then it is better to take profit now than to stay in the red.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 511
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

I feel you because being greedy is also the reason that causes me to minimize my earnings during the bull run but I take this bad experience as a lesson and move on because I still believe that there is a bright future in crypto.

1) Atlant
2) Edgeless
3) Centra
4) Humaniq
5) Matchpool
6) Lunyr
7) KIN
8.) FUEL
9) SONM
10)NPXS

I'm not familiar on some of your list but Centra turns out to be a scam/dead coin now so there is no point on holding that coin. For your reference (CENTRA CTR SCAM - Founders Arrested)
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
if I think of holding altcoin or bitcoin for a long time, for me it is good and profitable to wait for price developments in the market to increase, because crypto prices also
more increasing.
Activity: 840
Merit: 17
PG-PAY Gold Backed Token
It really depends on what coins you hold. Also its very difficult to make that list of coins for HODLing. One good list could be top 10 coins in the coinmarketcap. I believe it wont disappoint us.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 261
I had similar errors.  Now for myself, I indicate the price at which I will sell, and let the price after the sale increase, I will be in the black.  I consider this option less risky than waiting for a higher price.  And I will not sell coins that I did not manage to sell because of my inexperience or greed at a low price.  hold

Yes we have to set margin trading in order to stay away from losing but most of us are greedy and end up losing. I know some of long time HODLers who are least bothered about these fluctuations as they have done risk investment and sure that bitcoin will triumph. As you mentioned the worst thing anyone can do is panic selling at lesser price and then blaming on market situations.
Activity: 700
I personally wouldn't hold altcoins long-term, save for few top altcoins and probably few new solid projects
In my opinion, most of your funds should be in Bitcoin, top altcoins could be allocated with 40% of the total fund while the remaining goes to Bitcoin(50%) and 10% for the new solid projects.
It is depends on each one prediction and believing the altcoins or Bitcoin. Normally most are concentrate Bitcoin and Ethereum so these are lead the crypto market and number of altcoins are available in the market so we can invest top altcoins or Bitcoin and mainly invest top coins. In my personal opinion those are invested in holding for long term surely it will make wonderful profit so those are not like HODL we can skip these kind of others personal opinion.
Activity: 442
Merit: 11
I had similar errors.  Now for myself, I indicate the price at which I will sell, and let the price after the sale increase, I will be in the black.  I consider this option less risky than waiting for a higher price.  And I will not sell coins that I did not manage to sell because of my inexperience or greed at a low price.  hold
Pages:
Jump to: