Pages:
Author

Topic: Are we all fools on believing the word "HOLD"? - page 29. (Read 5735 times)

Activity: 861
Merit: 281
Don't worry! I'm in the same boat as you.
I accumulated a lot of coins in 2017 and as the bull run came, I thought too, let's hold it and see where it goes but in some time, the bubble burst and all came to shambles.
I would say that was the worst mistake of my life and I realised it's not about HODL or whatnot.
It's just that when you see that you have crossed what you were expecting, you should cash out because the crypto market is known for its volatility and it's never going to stay stable.
So, get ahead of the game and take the chance when you still have it.

Anyway, don't worry. There will come many more runs in the future and we won't make the same mistake twice.
Activity: 169
Merit: 13
I agree with you, in bull-run everyone on twitter, telegram and other social channels were shouting HODL HODL, but honestly, I didn't listen to anyone and straight cashed-out 50% of my total portfolio with huge huge profit which I can ever imagine in 10years job and hardwork. I'd suggest you to NEVER listen to anyone in crypto ALWAYS does whatever you believe in. Set a goal like at which point you'd sell your each crypto asset and when it hits your target price just do it, never listen to the influencers and crypto gurus over twitter and web. You'll be bombarded with newses in bull-market like huge partnership this and that happen with XYZ, and you get tempted to HODL instead of selling, but NO DON'T I REPEAT DON"T
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
You are not alone with that experience and hope for the market to get better by simply holding. I was also greedy during the best run of the market which was two years ago. But the lesson was already absorbed and I will not do the same mistake.

I think with your current set of altcoins, you have to decide what to continue holding and what to sell at loss to avoid further losses.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
What is the point of holding it for a few years if you give it up now? not to mention how low the price is right now compared to where you bought it.
it does not make any sense for me to sell it at this price, I would rather hold it into dust other than losing the chance for my portfolio to breakeven or even make a profit.
holding is fine but you must know what is the reason you are holding it.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
Holding it even we are in the bull market is a big mistake , there are many people has been experience this lost, becuase they believe that when holding it will increase its value sooner . if you are in profit  already take the profit and leave  dont wait for  dump will happen, its better to have sure earnings than gambling it for just hoping that it will increase more .
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
Live with peace and enjoy life!
I like to share my story being a crypto enthusiast, a trader and an investor at the same time.

I started in this forum in year 2015 when altcoins are still a good investment and Binance is still not the most popular exchange in the market.
I trade with Poloniex most of the time, sometimes I trade with Bittrex but then I realize that I am not so profitable with trading since I cannot focus on it due to the reason that i have a day job to prioritize.

Therefore, I started to invest for long term and I was entice by how the market moves and I was so optimistic that long term could really change my life.
So to make the story short, I invested with different altcoins and have help it until now.

Now, when the bull run comes, I still couldn't sell right away as I was getting greedy thinking I could earn more when I still hold.
of course, who would not HODL when all your friends in the group chat are also doing the same, even if the price rise high already, they are still saying HODL, and I really do it, and just sell a small portion of my investment to reward myself temporarily was I was into a big goal with my remaining investment.

And then, the correction comes started in year 2018, and I still didn't panic, continue to hold and even accumulate a bit when I see price has really dump a lot, just imagine ETH drop 10 times, so its really cheap and really tempting for any investors. So here I am now, I am still holding at a big loss but at the same time I am still hopeful one day my dreams will come into reality.

So top 10 of my portfolio consist of the following based on my blockfolio.

1) Atlant
2) Edgeless
3) Centra
4) Humaniq
5) Matchpool
6) Lunyr
7) KIN
8.) FUEL
9) SONM
10)NPXS

Please tell me if I should still expect I will be profitable or just give up now already.
Pages:
Jump to: