Pages:
Author

Topic: Are we all fools on believing the word "HOLD"? - page 27. (Read 5735 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 268
I don't think we take for a fool the word Hodl. If you are thinking that we are fools in believing on that word, try to ask people that got through a lot of pain and hodl through the years.

What I think about one coin in your list is that, I don't think centra will ever be alive again. Because that was considered as a fraud, that brought that coin down a lot. I manage to observe that coin since I was a bounty participant on their bounty.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
For some investors there is no other way out now, except for HODL, especially for those who entered the market at the beginning of 2018. About your situation, you need to study each project, their roadmap and upcoming events, maybe there is no sense in holding some coins.
We don't need to expect too high returns in some projects, since somewill not going to last.like some of those listed with OP, some were no longer put updates and determined scam. I understand that holding is all that we can do when we're already late to stop our loss since who knows the cycle will happen again like how 2017 pump did.
There's no other way if you already failed to sell your coin before complete dumped happened. You can only hold and hope that the market will bring something back. The peak of those projects happened when the market is bullish and in order to recover or to get something good from this investment, you need to continue holding and add more patience. You will only stress yourself if you will try to sell it now and buy other assets it's a tough decision to make.
Activity: 634
Merit: 10
I like to share my story being a crypto enthusiast, a trader and an investor at the same time.

I started in this forum in year 2015 when altcoins are still a good investment and Binance is still not the most popular exchange in the market.
I trade with Poloniex most of the time, sometimes I trade with Bittrex but then I realize that I am not so profitable with trading since I cannot focus on it due to the reason that i have a day job to prioritize.

Therefore, I started to invest for long term and I was entice by how the market moves and I was so optimistic that long term could really change my life.
So to make the story short, I invested with different altcoins and have help it until now.

Now, when the bull run comes, I still couldn't sell right away as I was getting greedy thinking I could earn more when I still hold.
of course, who would not HODL when all your friends in the group chat are also doing the same, even if the price rise high already, they are still saying HODL, and I really do it, and just sell a small portion of my investment to reward myself temporarily was I was into a big goal with my remaining investment.

And then, the correction comes started in year 2018, and I still didn't panic, continue to hold and even accumulate a bit when I see price has really dump a lot, just imagine ETH drop 10 times, so its really cheap and really tempting for any investors. So here I am now, I am still holding at a big loss but at the same time I am still hopeful one day my dreams will come into reality.

So top 10 of my portfolio consist of the following based on my blockfolio.

1) Atlant
2) Edgeless
3) Centra
4) Humaniq
5) Matchpool
6) Lunyr
7) KIN
8.) FUEL
9) SONM
10)NPXS

Please tell me if I should still expect I will be profitable or just give up now already.

I think Holders are not fools for holding and wishing their tokens to have better prices in the future. It is not foolishness to do that, it is your choice after all. As for the part where you feel greedy to think you could earn more than the current price of your tokens during that time of the peak, well I can say you're not alone. Most people will feel the same way as you are when it comes to money but for me, until when will you have that kind of thought? I think it is nice to be positive but we should also think of the consequences we might face if things don't go as we plan. I would say that you should put a limit as to how much price you want to make with such investment, in that way you can satisfy yourself with the guarantee that you earned money from that token. But the decision is still yours to decide.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
It is not a bad choice to make an altcoin portfolio without BTC but the consequences of the altcoin season can delay prediction based investing. Holders have faith in specific projects and they don't want to lose their hope in the bear market. Alt season has seasonal cycles IMO and the fools don't have an investment plan for the specific periods. Only patient investors will take their expected profits in the next bull market season.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
I like to share my story being a crypto enthusiast, a trader and an investor at the same time.

I started in this forum in year 2015 when altcoins are still a good investment and Binance is still not the most popular exchange in the market.
I trade with Poloniex most of the time, sometimes I trade with Bittrex but then I realize that I am not so profitable with trading since I cannot focus on it due to the reason that i have a day job to prioritize.

Therefore, I started to invest for long term and I was entice by how the market moves and I was so optimistic that long term could really change my life.
So to make the story short, I invested with different altcoins and have help it until now.

Now, when the bull run comes, I still couldn't sell right away as I was getting greedy thinking I could earn more when I still hold.
of course, who would not HODL when all your friends in the group chat are also doing the same, even if the price rise high already, they are still saying HODL, and I really do it, and just sell a small portion of my investment to reward myself temporarily was I was into a big goal with my remaining investment.

And then, the correction comes started in year 2018, and I still didn't panic, continue to hold and even accumulate a bit when I see price has really dump a lot, just imagine ETH drop 10 times, so its really cheap and really tempting for any investors. So here I am now, I am still holding at a big loss but at the same time I am still hopeful one day my dreams will come into reality.

So top 10 of my portfolio consist of the following based on my blockfolio.

1) Atlant
2) Edgeless
3) Centra
4) Humaniq
5) Matchpool
6) Lunyr
7) KIN
8.) FUEL
9) SONM
10)NPXS

Please tell me if I should still expect I will be profitable or just give up now already.

The problem with us is we do not expect this top happen, this is the first time it happen, we all think that all the coins we are holding are going to the moon because, we have history as proof that it is going up continously, until bad things happen, and we are at a lost, we are all waiting for the market to recover, but unfortunately it did not happen, and so we have the longest bear market.
The big lesson that we have learned here is to always think of our position, and not to pour 100% of our trust.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
🇵🇭
For some investors there is no other way out now, except for HODL, especially for those who entered the market at the beginning of 2018. About your situation, you need to study each project, their roadmap and upcoming events, maybe there is no sense in holding some coins.
We don't need to expect too high returns in some projects, since somewill not going to last.like some of those listed with OP, some were no longer put updates and determined scam. I understand that holding is all that we can do when we're already late to stop our loss since who knows the cycle will happen again like how 2017 pump did.
Activity: 868
Merit: 100
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Holding it even we are in the bull market is a big mistake , there are many people has been experience this lost, becuase they believe that when holding it will increase its value sooner . if you are in profit  already take the profit and leave  dont wait for  dump will happen, its better to have sure earnings than gambling it for just hoping that it will increase more .

I hope so, because all of holders almost lost some profit because of the market situation, it can take a longer of time to hold and its not increase for you to earn.
Activity: 1273
Merit: 507
We are not fooled,
we just believe that when we hold the price will rise. And we see it in bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin and ripple. Our expectations of coin holding are so high that we do not know if the price will rise. Each coin has a different demand and the other has the potential to rise in price over the long run
years and others not. So I guess you're just  unlucky with the coin you holding.
Activity: 644
Merit: 253
We are not that fool enough as I know there were some of us here who has been holding their coins, believe and had hoped for it had been become rich, so for me this is a word that makes most of the investors becomes rich. It may not applicable to most of the project, but still it has been a great help for all of us to have our hope for the future.Let's be wise in choosing the right coin/token to hold.
Activity: 126
Merit: 5
I doubt there will be another alt season. All looks too weak now after we made these people rich.

There is no trust in these coins as they are not decentralized and creators hold vast amounts ready to dump when they see fit.

Lately there is no trust in any altcoin. I doubt anything will be succesful again. Perhaps if ten million clueless people start randomly buying altcoins after a new Bitcoin ATH you and I can offload all the shitcoins we have.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Posts like this is always appearing here after every price drop
Activity: 770
Merit: 12
Trphy.io
no, actually hodl is the most appropriate way when dealing with a market situation like this. indeed very long, it has been almost 1 year the market has not gone up and the hodl from the beginning of 2018 must have been disappointed. but it's not stupid, but a very positive thing, it's better hodl than cut loss.
hold is one way of investing because not all coins can be profitable quickly. some people this year may have been holding on several altcoins for a long time because altcoin conditions have not improved. but it needs to be examined again, to do a hold you must understand the benefits of the coins you hold
by still holding we can do other activities, because we do not know when prices will surge, all just predictions that do not know the truth later. therefore by holding on to it we avoid panic because of price fluctuations, which sometimes make us dizzy and disappointed

Activity: 1022
Merit: 10
investors might defines of one on decision as referring uses with customs of arrange as appealing risks on moderation as submitting with limit of funds on possession as expecting with returns on completion as attains on table of market with the business on crypto trading.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
I also feel like a fool too holding all through 2017 like a dummy while the wise and smart people where busy cashing out, am still asking myself what is the point of all the holding trouble if the market is crumbly every now and then Roll Eyes
seriously, i feel like i already miss the opportunity, but if such ever comes around again..... i rest my case Grin

@OP, out of the coins you listed i think the first you need to dispose is Centra, am surprise you still have it, i dispose mine long ago with TenX, if i were you, i would sell all those old coins and buy something new that haven't had the chance yet.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 468
no, actually hodl is the most appropriate way when dealing with a market situation like this. indeed very long, it has been almost 1 year the market has not gone up and the hodl from the beginning of 2018 must have been disappointed. but it's not stupid, but a very positive thing, it's better hodl than cut loss.
hold is one way of investing because not all coins can be profitable quickly. some people this year may have been holding on several altcoins for a long time because altcoin conditions have not improved. but it needs to be examined again, to do a hold you must understand the benefits of the coins you hold
Activity: 1470
Merit: 521
No more Rekt and Bust
The best solution for the HODLers to sell the half of their investment in the bull market and continue to hold for the rest of the bull market. Blindly holding will not bring a good profit unless the investors know what he is doing. The day traders also can fall to the HODL trap if they can't get out of the short term trades but the difference is they don't believe in the project's future as a true HODLers.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
I still have my Atlant and SONM which is actually making a good spikes already. I hope this will continue form now on since I also wanted to rent the old house of my parents. I can't say its a waste holding it till its dead though but yes I did believe holding is not so profitable, i could have grow the tokens up to 10x if I bought back the tokens at its bottom price. What can I saw I'm a fool for believing these devs are also going to hold what they have.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
Most people fell for this bait but even when the price fell I still sold some coins with the thought that I was still in good profit. As a result, now my portfolio is full of altcoins that I did not have time to sell and I don’t really hope that it will succeed once because many of them stopped development.
Pages:
Jump to: