Pages:
Author

Topic: Are we brainwashed? - page 14. (Read 7872 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 101
July 22, 2017, 03:24:42 PM
You say “In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom”.
How far back, because in one year 2018, you will experience human activity equal to twenty years 1970 1990, and if back further, the disproportion will dramatically increase.
For most of the people the question won't be if they are free or not.
With technological advancements, less and less people will engage in a physical work and will have time to use their brains.
The questions is, how will people use their time, once basic instincts are fulfilled by machines or robots?

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
July 22, 2017, 02:34:15 PM
We are daily brainwashed. And get a dose of it from different sources. In general, we are being pressured by the media. Especially dangerous in this regard is the TV
Activity: 868
Merit: 289
July 22, 2017, 12:45:04 PM
Money is the only goal in this life.

Living a healthy life is the second. You can nearly buy everything with money, even health. (unless you aren't fucked up beyond repair) Are we brainwashed? Damn, yes. We are like little rats, working our asses off everyday for dollars.

Watch "American Psycho" if you haven't watch yet and see how crazy we can get for money. The dude(Bale) who plays Patrick has a great amount of money and can buy everything yet he is not happy at all. Worse yet, he doesn't have a "real" friend.
Majority of the people around the world, their goals in life was to Earn money due to with it they can get whatever they want. But still there are some that their priority is not money, and honestly many of the community are being brainwashed because of money.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
July 22, 2017, 09:44:55 AM
Yes, we are all brainwashed every day by media, politicians, scientists etc.
There is so much information and news in the world today that average person don't have time to analyze and check all this facts, and to find out what is true and what is false.
We have no choice but to trust others.
Of course, media and politicians understand it very well and they are trying to influence us, shape our understanding and thinking in accordance with their wishes and needs.

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 22, 2017, 09:24:24 AM
Yes, media and governors have created a stupid society.

Of course in a way we are. With media showing us i formation that we can easily believe without getting our own research or the government not shedding the whole truth to keep the public from collapsing and panikkinng   Then in a way we are. We have conditioned mindsets on who or what we conceived are true deending on the severity of the information available.

Right. Most of us are easily swayed by what mainstream media feeds us. With us believing and making judgements based on that, i can also say that we are brainwashed a lot of times. Media is a very powerful institution that can topple even governments and we must be vigilant also in determining if what we see and hear are actual facts or fake
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
July 22, 2017, 06:34:14 AM

Of course in a way we are. With media showing us i formation that we can easily believe without getting our own research or the government not shedding the whole truth to keep the public from collapsing and panikkinng   Then in a way we are. We have conditioned mindsets on who or what we conceived are true deending on the severity of the information available.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
July 21, 2017, 07:16:08 PM
Activity: 24
July 21, 2017, 03:33:14 PM
We are not sensible with our world, that's what is happening right now. We don't give a damn about anything...
Activity: 244
Merit: 100
July 21, 2017, 03:27:19 PM
The publicity in the tv is a brainwash, that is studied for months to produced pleasure to those who wacht it to buy a product, using movie stars or other celebrity.
Activity: 18
July 21, 2017, 03:16:01 PM
You mean like people with Apple products? I just see zombies that want to buy them without knowing they can get something better for the same price.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
July 21, 2017, 03:07:32 PM
I think I got out of the brainwashing for the most part.

I cannot stand being unproductive or not helpful.
Imake posts on steemit a lot and make some side money and make a little bit here too. It really helps me with my goal of paying off the massive student loan Ihad to take with the huge interest. Unfortunately Ihave one of those majors that requires going to college, but I am paying it off, saving for a house and all that adulty adulting adult stoof Smiley

Ithink the key is using adblocker, I have 0 idea of most of the brainwashing hehe
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
July 21, 2017, 01:52:51 PM
The term “brainwashing” comes from the time of the Korean War, when Americans speculated about the thought reform regime in communist China, and later the techniques used on the American POWs in Korea who went on to criticize the war, and even in a few cases to renounce the US and refuse to come home after the war was over. It’s such an evocative term that it caught on almost immediately as a way to describe someone’s views as rote, robotic, or even unthinkable.
July 21, 2017, 01:49:53 PM
thirdly, Everything is a brainwash, From the moment you start school is the moment "they" start re-programming you. They fill your head with restrictions saying "you can't do this". They teach you if you are "bad" or "disobedient" to "their" system you will be punished. And if your follow the system you will be rewarded. They are re-programming your way of thinking and restricting our minds. We are constantly being told what we can and can't do which leads to self-doubt. We as humans have the capability to access our entire minds, but because of the mass brainwashing from the media. Government, schools etc we have been taught to doubt our own abilities. The system is almost impossible to escape because we are trapped by the poisons they are constantly spraying in the sky, in our food, the poison they spread through the media and so called "education".
July 21, 2017, 01:48:59 PM
secondly, I recognize that the above may sound dramatic because I'm calling it "brainwashing", but I concede that it is fairly mild brainwashing compared to what has gone on in the past or what still goes on in other parts of the world. But it's simply a fact that there is still some brainwashing that goes on in modern Western society, and it continues unchecked because we are all accustomed to it and it is so deeply fixed into our society that we never even notice it. But the fact that we do and believe things based on social conditioning rather than critical thought is a positive indication of brainwashing that still takes place in society.
July 21, 2017, 01:47:51 PM
In a sense I'm not sure what society you're talking about specifically, but in my society, the United States, I think we've been being brainwashed for a long time, and still are. We've just never been encouraged to think critically about things. We're always told/taught what to think, rather than how to think, which I consider tantamount to brainwashing
Activity: 868
Merit: 256
July 21, 2017, 11:18:06 AM
I look around and see people no longer have goals.
We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.

I dont think brainwash is the term. We are conditioned more likely. We were conditioned to desire for an easy life. And with that, instant of everything becomes a neccessity. Instant food, instant info, instant products, instant social self acceptance.. Etc. People forget the value of process and waiting together with the lessons and quality morals it produce.therefore, the virtues and morales are lowered which leads to less value-founded and goal oriented human beings.
Activity: 3
July 21, 2017, 10:44:10 AM
yes we are brainwash because of many people around us who can be start what we doing about other plans to do.. and then im brainwash of the politics here in country they are corrupt people but not at all are corrupt..
Activity: 3
July 21, 2017, 10:34:45 AM
yes we are brainwash because of many people around us who can be start what we doing about other plans to do.. and then im brainwash of the politics here in country they are corrupt people but not at all are curropt.
Activity: 994
Merit: 117
July 21, 2017, 10:27:11 AM
Prayer is proven to overcome the various problems and turmoil that often occur in this life. With so many bedroes, we will have 'additional ammunition' in addition to physical effort. Prayer provides an orientation or purpose for our lives. That is, people who want to pray means he knows for sure with 'purpose of life' (the purpose of life is packed with 2 things, namely business and prayer). Prayer also makes us have a backrest.
Activity: 658
Merit: 252
July 21, 2017, 10:25:12 AM
I look around and see people no longer have goals.
We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.

Unfortunately, I cannot agree with your ideas. Everyone has goals but these goals are unlike our ancestors. We want to have more power of materials. We can say this one is a goal but nobody can say this goal is very useful for humanity.
Pages:
Jump to: