Author

Topic: Are you afraid of hackers? - page 119. (Read 10474 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 10
Sapien.Network-Beta Platform is Live
February 11, 2018, 08:29:37 PM
We all do. We just need to be extra careful of our wallets credentials as not to be victimized. Never keep all your assets in one wallet. As much as possible set a limit to how much each wallet should contain. In that way, when there is hacking, you might lose some value but at least not all. Don't store anyn wallet info online as well. Have a usb instead.
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
February 11, 2018, 08:28:53 PM
Of course you have to be afraid of hacker, in the same way you are probably afraid of apartment thieves, as there is no 100% protection against them. But while anyone pays attention not to leave the keys in the door or the windows on the ground floor open, lot of people forget to take the minimal safety measures to protect their assets. It's true, a skilled hacker can probably crack our protections, but if they are good he will look for an easier targer. Yes because hackers is the threat which can stole my money in investment in just a single moment so I am worried about that.
Actually the answer depends on the target of the hacker when your computer crashes. If the only targeted file is useless, then I will not worry. But if you are looking for financial data such as bank account, paypal account, and even Bitcoin account, then I will be worried and afraid. I do not know how hackers work and how they steal account data like that, but I'll make clear passwords that are hard to guess and unrelated to dates and names. I would not be afraid if the only targeted file. Because I do not have important files like corporate documents and so on. All I have in my computer is songs, movies, games and stuff like that.
Activity: 531
Merit: 102
February 11, 2018, 08:24:52 PM
Of course yes! I think everyone is afraid from the hackers and even you are! Once the hackers attack we don't know what will we do and how to return the money lost. But there many ways to penetrate hacker to our system like using hardware wallet, keeping private keys to your wallet and don't used other computer or browser to your wallet. Then always take care to your personal thing specially on your wallet.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
February 11, 2018, 08:08:24 PM
Some important advices :

- use cold hardware wallets
- Dont link randon links
- Keep separate devices for browsing and logging in on exchanges
- keep your private keys on devices not available on any data/internet

These are a few things that I tak care of 247

Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
February 11, 2018, 07:56:03 PM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?
Of course, if it involves money it is more frightening because no one wants to lose their money without having it used. Hackers are threat to someone and they can easily steal one's money and informations, no one likes to be stolen. Just be safe and search for things that you can do to avoid hackers, also avoid opening untrusted websites and putting your persona information every where, hackers are every where so be careful when you do cryptos.
Activity: 182
February 11, 2018, 07:48:36 PM
Sure, it can happen, But I am not really afraid of it, because I believe in my wallet and I am more like alert and do something carefully. That's not a bad thing for me. Self-discipline solution to it
Activity: 699
Merit: 438
February 11, 2018, 03:03:24 PM
Yes because hackers is the threat which can stole my money in investment in just a single moment so I am worried about that.
Activity: 328
Merit: 39
February 11, 2018, 01:23:11 PM
Of course you have to be afraid of hacker, in the same way you are probably afraid of apartment thieves, as there is no 100% protection against them.

But while anyone pays attention not to leave the keys in the door or the windows on the ground floor open, lot of people forget to take the minimal safety measures to protect their assets.

It's true, a skilled hacker can probably crack our protections, but if they are good he will look for an easier targer.
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
February 11, 2018, 01:11:42 PM
I'm not really scared. But I try to comply with safety rules. I'm not visiting any weird sites and doesn't download anything. I do not enter passwords. I have 4 years use Kaspersky Internet Security. I had no problems with him.
Activity: 552
Merit: 102
February 11, 2018, 01:03:53 PM
Hackers is always fear name.  However if there is hacker there must be a way of protection. We just need to go through it. We need use safe wallet to keep safe our coin .It helps to bring our coin keep safe.
Activity: 168
February 10, 2018, 02:24:34 PM
I think being cautious, regardless of being afraid of hackers, is always a good choice.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
February 10, 2018, 02:20:39 PM
yes i afraid of them thats why i am using ledger nano for my investmensts.
also i wonder if ledger going to integrate with binance withdrawals
Activity: 184
February 10, 2018, 02:08:47 PM
I am not afraid of these hackers as most of my coins are secured in a hard wallet trezor. After I read about the past hacking of online wallets and exchanges I never keep my coins in them for more than a day. So I pretty much confide in these hard wallets rather that trusting some online wallet and be agitated about losing money all the time.
If you think keeping your coins in an hardware wallet is completely safe and not afraid of any hackers then you are wrong. Nowadays hackers are trying to exploit the hardware wallets by installing mock up software on your PC. You'll never know how your hardware wallet would be emptied just by some JavaScript codes running in your PC.
especially hackers are now inserting in some app that smells advertising, because many of the victims stolen their coin from ledger so pay attention when you install any application because every defect will be easily interfered by hackers
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
www.bitcoin.org
February 10, 2018, 02:05:06 PM
I am not afraid of these hackers as most of my coins are secured in a hard wallet trezor. After I read about the past hacking of online wallets and exchanges I never keep my coins in them for more than a day. So I pretty much confide in these hard wallets rather that trusting some online wallet and be agitated about losing money all the time.
If you think keeping your coins in an hardware wallet is completely safe and not afraid of any hackers then you are wrong. Nowadays hackers are trying to exploit the hardware wallets by installing mock up software on your PC. You'll never know how your hardware wallet would be emptied just by some JavaScript codes running in your PC.
Activity: 266
Merit: 114
February 10, 2018, 01:34:58 PM
Activity: 182
Merit: 40
February 10, 2018, 01:29:16 PM
Hackers will cause trauma and nightmare for their victims. Imagine your Crypto Assets will suddenly lost without your permission and that's the scary part.
Of course I do afraid of Hackers. I am an IT but I'm not a security expert so I do fear that someday someone could break in to my wallet account and will take every tokens I have and I don't want that to happen because I am holding high amount of Crypto Assets that could offer me good life if ever I'm going to turn it into real money.
Activity: 66
February 10, 2018, 01:26:31 PM
i am very afraid of hackers. especially because i do not know how to secure my assets. i am afraid that they will access my account and know my private keys. so i am very careful in giving and logining in some sites.
I also have this worry. So sometimes there are some sites that look less secure I will not login.
Activity: 191
February 10, 2018, 01:25:56 PM
Yes. Im afraid of them because they cannot be identified. Hackers can get your money and you cannot get it back. You cannot report them because they are no one.
Activity: 66
February 10, 2018, 01:24:30 PM
I am a bit scared. So I generally can not easily tell my personal information. Prevention is also very important.
Activity: 68
Merit: 1
February 10, 2018, 01:21:33 PM
To be honest I am afraid. But I do not have many coins. If hackers invade my account. It may well disappoint him.
Jump to: