Author

Topic: Are you afraid of hackers? - page 140. (Read 10474 times)

Activity: 255
Merit: 11
January 31, 2018, 01:18:38 AM
Hackers until now is working hard to find ways in bypassing some accounts that holds valuable cryptocurrencies. We don't have much security from websites that generate our wallet aside from 2FA and email verification there is no strict security that can provide us more assurance that our balances is in good hands. The true responsibilities are still in our own hands. Let's be careful and vigilant from phishing sites and emails that we don't expect to receive and suddenly pop-up in our inbox.
Activity: 373
Merit: 11
CryptoRex
January 31, 2018, 01:14:04 AM
One would be very foolish not to be afraid Of hacking these day. Not only do we have the traditional “lone wolfs” hackers, but also government sponsored team with incredible resources behind them. We should be very vigilant and take precautions to stay safe while trading.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
January 31, 2018, 12:16:21 AM
if you lock your seed file in an encrypted rar file ,its impossible for hackers to steal your seed even if they have intrude into your computer.

raise a good habit of surfing internet is a good way to avoid your computer to be hacked.

you should take care of hackers ,not be afraid.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 555
dont be greedy
January 31, 2018, 12:13:14 AM
ofcourse, hackers take us a lot of benefit. i have some idea about protect against hackers
- Update your OS and other software frequently, if not automatically.
- Download up-to-date security programs, including antivirus and anti-malware software, anti-spyware, and a firewall (if your OS didn’t come pre-packaged with it)
- Destroy all traces of your personal info on hardware you plan on selling
- Do not use open wifi; it makes it too easy for hackers to steal your connection and download illegal files.
- Speaking of passwords: password protect all of your devices, including your desktop, laptop, phone, smartwatch, tablet, camera, lawnmower…
- Create difficult passwords and change them frequently. In addition, never use the same passwords across multiple services.
- Come up with creative answers for your security questions.
- Practice smart surfing and emailing.
- Don’t link accounts.
- Keep sensitive data off the cloud.

this person answers all the best solutions for us
there are some points that I will answer, but it is safer
especially sensitive data, keep and keep away from the cloud or the internet
Activity: 196
Merit: 3
January 31, 2018, 12:11:24 AM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?
Whose not afraid of hackers if you are holding big amounts of Bitcoin and Ethereum? Of course, everyone! That's why everyone isresponsible to keep their accounts secured against those stealers. To prevent your accounts from hackers, I may have some suggestions:
1. Don't log-in in different computers, just use your personal one.
2. Update your computer from time to time and use ant-virus software.
3. Do not download anything from suspicious sites.
4. Always turn off your auto-download feature in your internet.
Activity: 109
Merit: 0
January 31, 2018, 12:08:09 AM
ofcourse, hackers take us a lot of benefit. i have some idea about protect against hackers
- Download up-to-date security programs, including antivirus and anti-malware software, anti-spyware, and a firewall (if your OS didn’t come pre-packaged with it)
- Do not use open wifi; it makes it too easy for hackers to steal your connection and download illegal files.
- Speaking of passwords: password protect all of your devices, including your desktop, laptop, phone, smartwatch, tablet, camera, lawnmower…
- Create difficult passwords and change them frequently. In addition, never use the same passwords across multiple services.
- Don’t link accounts.

i like your tips. even private wifi i think can hacker hack you account? best for me is never easily click link in your sites.
Activity: 177
January 31, 2018, 12:02:39 AM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?

I just can't believe how these companys hold that much money and there's still flaws on their system I mean... c'mon is just amazing earning millions witout the proper secutiry protocols.
Activity: 868
Merit: 103
*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*
January 31, 2018, 12:01:50 AM
- Don’t link accounts.

yes I like your point that the rogue wifi (part of wireless hacking technique still exist until now).
we must be more aware if using an wireless connection. look out their SSID.
so I suggest to use private network for accessing a website who related with our asset (banking, exchange, wallet , etc)
Activity: 112
Merit: 2
January 30, 2018, 11:52:59 PM
Of course you should be affraid from hackers. Being affraid makes you to be more carefull where you use the internet connection (public wifi) and check twice for original websites instead of phishing ones...
Activity: 245
The Future Of Work
January 30, 2018, 11:49:49 PM

I am, I do think from time to time that what if hackers would be able to infiltrate and discover a weakness in bitcoins and other cryptocurrency's system, it would be a huge blow to the market and the projects related to cryptocurrencies. As for my account and investment I am more concerned with virus and scams since I know they are ever adapting and I might become a victim someday.
Activity: 392
Merit: 253
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
January 30, 2018, 11:36:58 PM
I would say it is the best time for hackers. So much easy money to grab in the crypto world. So, the bottom line is, you should be afraid of hackers. The best way to protect you from hackers is to educate yourself. In addition, using hardware wallets could make your wallet more secure in a way that your private key cannot be stolen by online hackers.
Activity: 864
Merit: 284
January 30, 2018, 11:33:57 PM
Of course i afraid with hackers.  but I think hackers are only targeting a market or project that has more assets.
if I myself never keep a coin for long. for fear of hack then gone
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
January 30, 2018, 11:27:22 PM
I am very worried about hackers because they have special skills in tracking data.
And I fear again if they can hack the deepest system of our data.
Especially if to hack into the savings that we already have then all will be exhausted in an instant.
Activity: 244
Merit: 13
January 30, 2018, 11:12:56 PM
definitely truly i'm scared on hacker that's why i'm not clicking any links/website that i don't know. The best way we can do is to be more careful and don't trust someone we do not know.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
January 30, 2018, 11:09:04 PM

It actually is very scary knowing that there are these brilliant hackers out there that are ready to take and still whatever
 investment or holdings you got in your wallets. one of the things I do to prevent hackers from having access in my accounts is simply using a cold wallet, where I can store my earnings and coins offline, that way its gonna be if not impossible, very hard for these hackers to access it, as of now this is the best way of keeping my coins safe in the simplest way.
Activity: 119
January 30, 2018, 11:01:50 PM

I lose a bit of sleep over whether I should continue to hold some bitcoins on Cryptopia & make money taking advantage of these saps & the ever-increasing odds that this stored money on Cryptopia will simply disappear into the ether (perhaps they'd blame it on "hackers"). 
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
January 30, 2018, 11:01:35 PM
in general everyone will feel the fear, if something valuable is taken by a handful of irresponsible people like hackers, they always have a new way for every action they do, I personally do not really know to prevent something happening to me because hackers, I always try to be careful and always update the security on a regular basis so as to prevent from hackers
Activity: 158
January 30, 2018, 11:00:54 PM
I'm not really afraid with those hackers, because, I find ways to make sure that everything about my accounts are safe. Those hackers cannot do something about us when we are taking good care of our accounts but let's make sure that we can fully give our time to secure things with this.
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
CryptoCashbackRebate-Rewarding Cryptos
January 30, 2018, 11:00:16 PM
Dont'you think th 2FA authentication is enough to rest assured when you hold your coins on an exchange? I've read of a guy who lost 500 XRB from his Bitgrail account cause he didint add the 2FA... Sad so sad.
Activity: 96
January 30, 2018, 10:57:52 PM
The first thing to think about when investing in crypto is the security of your tokens and to minimize the loss in case something bad happens. So, have a good antivirus, be weary when install new software, get a hardware wallet, try not to keep large amounts of your tokens in exchanges or even in online wallets, change your passwords from time to time even if you`re using some
Jump to: