Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you afraid of hackers? - page 94. (Read 10474 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 11, 2018, 07:39:22 AM
You can always sit out a couple of days and read information on information-security. No need to focus on this. Ordinary people do not lose their assets, the attack goes to the organization.                  
Activity: 1022
Merit: 10
March 11, 2018, 07:35:45 AM
as investors entering scene on following use with customs of personal preference,
those might leads of one with the priors as rejecting ideas of those within the different field of competence,
to gives of one on excess while challenging finest to work on decision as requesting with the different limit of option on value with the qualification.

Activity: 252
Merit: 102
March 11, 2018, 07:31:13 AM
I was also targeted by the hackers and loose my Ethereum from MyEtherWallet. This is also the matter of fear i am taking all the precautions but fear of hacking is always there. There is no complaint or recovery after loss of crypto currency.
Activity: 322
March 11, 2018, 07:30:09 AM
Yes it is true I'm also afraid of the hackers that's why I keep myself to be really careful on keeping my information s in a safe place in PC or some notes that I had to my house and to be sure in keeping it I also use some lock to my cabinet to keep it safe and to protect to some rats that digging some information to my Computer. You know what I mean right. some virus that I received to some apps online.
Activity: 980
Merit: 12
March 11, 2018, 07:29:01 AM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?

Hackers do not sit still, do not waste time in the empty, they earn it themselves, stealing someone else ... No matter how you protect your accounts and wallets, it can still be hacked.
The main thing is not to give reasons, I never show my private keys to my wallet anywhere, I just go to saved links, so as not to get caught on a fake website. Also, from time to time you can create a new wallet, and keep your savings in different purses, it's better than one, all if one hack, steal everything at once, and so just a part ... The main thing is to be careful on the Internet, and everything should be good.

Good luck to all, take care of your savings!
Activity: 378
Merit: 17
March 11, 2018, 07:23:22 AM
It is true that hackers are creating trouble all over the world. I am certainly very concerned about safety of my wallet and I have been taking some additional measures to protect my coins.
Activity: 336
March 11, 2018, 07:23:06 AM
Yes, I very much fear that I can lose my savings. That's why I use a hardware purse. It's much safer than trusting your money with online-wallets, as a Blockchain-info etc.
Activity: 62
March 11, 2018, 07:22:29 AM
I hardly have any money in bitcoin so no Grin

But in all seriousness, it's a depressing feeling to get hacked. Use a VPN (not always the best though) and other security protocols.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
March 11, 2018, 07:20:55 AM
In general,yes.But I am more worried about breaking the market exchange than my own wallet.
Indeed, at the moment the most vulnerable place to attack hackers are the cryptocurrencies exchanges. The introduction of new technologies such as Plasma Cash will help to remedy this situation.
when this is very vulnerable from hacker attacks,
many wallets and marketplaces hit,
my advice is to keep some of your money in the real world.
Activity: 151
Merit: 12
Blockchain Identity Verification
March 11, 2018, 07:17:11 AM
In general,yes.But I am more worried about breaking the market exchange than my own wallet.
Indeed, at the moment the most vulnerable place to attack hackers are the cryptocurrencies exchanges. The introduction of new technologies such as Plasma Cash will help to remedy this situation.
Activity: 116
Merit: 0
March 11, 2018, 07:11:15 AM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?
The reason i am afraid of hackers is given in the post above i mean if the can get into big corporations with ease then hacking our home systems(PC's) is walk in the park for them so why not be afraid we can only take precautions and that's it once we connected to the internet no one is safe.
Activity: 280
March 11, 2018, 07:06:00 AM
Frankly I am also afraid of hacker attacks, but I always try to anticipate to avoid hacker attacks by always using private browsing when want to access sites that require us to login. And always try to logout if you want to close the site or want to end the browsing. Maybe that's all I can do to avoid hacker attacks.
Activity: 51
Merit: 4
March 11, 2018, 07:03:23 AM
Of course it's very unpleasant thing to lose your money and investments at one moment. To avoid this we should keep out of computer all our passwords and private keys. VPN can help also but I'm not sure about 100%.
Activity: 224
Merit: 6
March 11, 2018, 06:58:47 AM
user must becareful especially by giving thier wallet address,  if you seen an airdrop or campaign asking private key thats a scam. hacker's are just waiting some user's to be hacked. take an extra coution always.
Activity: 98
March 11, 2018, 06:51:13 AM
Activity: 210
March 11, 2018, 06:46:45 AM
Yes, I'm afraid of scoring hackers, because they can invade my personal life, steal my personal information and information and sabotage my appearance on some sites!
Activity: 1708
Merit: 541
March 11, 2018, 06:42:47 AM

I do. I have practiced safety measures on all my accounts like strong password and 2FA and never been hacked before but all these hacking news still made me afraid. Currently I'm holding my Bitcoin in a conventional wallet and I'm planning to buy a hardware wallet for ease of mind. The hacking attempts these days are quite dangerous and creative, from social engineering, phishing, etc. I heard hackers could also bypass a SMS 2FA. Thank God I never use a SMS 2FA for my accounts, I somehow knew it was unreliable.
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
March 11, 2018, 06:36:59 AM
Of course. Actually this hacker are skillful enough to make look like a fool and you will get to give the following detail that they need in order for them to get access on your account. If you have lots of token brought and you also have BTC then that would be too scary though we know that bitcoin is secured but from the data on your pc or phone that they could access on it by phishing on it then later on you will realize that you give important details that should be kept secret like private keys or JSON file in MEW. Then they will transfer your holdings to a certain account and then you will lost all of your money and investment.
Activity: 183
March 11, 2018, 06:32:01 AM
it seems though we are also afraid to stay alert. because hackers can visit anyone. and the hacker was a parasite for the bounty hunter.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
March 11, 2018, 06:14:53 AM
Of course a hacker can break practically everything, in the same way a thief can enter everywhere.
But of course, if a thief tries to enter in a bank (or at Fort Knox...) the security measures will make this task too difficult.
So, he will go after an easier target.

The same happens with hackers: if you take the necessary security measures, it still possible that a hacker enter in your pc, but probably he will search for something easier.

I think hackers can always hack whatever account and wallet, so the best way is to diversify your coins into different wallets.
Pages:
Jump to: