Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you long term or short term? - page 38. (Read 3612 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 11
Daxetoken.net
March 08, 2018, 06:06:25 PM
I am trading once in a while because I have coins in exchanges. Sometimes I buy and just wait the coin to go up in value before I sell, of course I know it is in dip. Now, which is better, set it to your expected price so that when it hit you sold? O wait for the price to go up and sell even if it did not reach yet to your  target price? Thanks.

Ofcourse i wait the price up then i sell my coins. After that i wait price down again to buy more. It is only my short term investment but i also have long term investment which is the bitcoin. I just hold it and wait untill the day bitcoin price will go sky so that i can earn  bigger.
Activity: 133
Merit: 0
March 08, 2018, 05:24:49 PM
I am just a short term investment, I am just looking for small profits as long as every day, I never think will make long-term investment because I think it will reduce my income
Activity: 1680
Merit: 505
March 08, 2018, 08:17:24 AM
I am a long-term trader, but I can also trade in the short term.

But now, based on the market price, I think we can hold it for a while, and now it's not a good opportunity to sell.
I'm also a long-term trader, but there are times when I trade every day. Now it's really not the best time to trade, but there are some coins that I'm ready to sell right now!

Yes, now is not a good time to sell. It's definitely better to hold. The market is now undecided about the direction. Long-term investments are better for me.
Activity: 364
Merit: 110
SPOKKZ
March 08, 2018, 07:26:26 AM

But now, based on the market price, I think we can hold it for a while, and now it's not a good opportunity to sell.
I'm also a long-term trader, but there are times when I trade every day. Now it's really not the best time to trade, but there are some coins that I'm ready to sell right now!
Activity: 166
Merit: 1
March 08, 2018, 06:15:49 AM

Activity: 191
March 08, 2018, 06:07:11 AM
I am both. If the situation is good for the short term, then I do. as well if the situation requires in the long term. Just let it flow  Grin
Activity: 840
Merit: 252
March 08, 2018, 05:38:25 AM
I chose a long time because I think it's safer to play for a long time so do not have to keep seeing the price every day. see the price once a week I think we can already profit  Grin
Not really always. You can't be sure your investment will be profited in a week.
For me, as long as it's a profit, i would sell it OP. If you gonna do something crazy, just hodl your token for long term (e.g more than 5 years)

I think there are some coins which is better to keep n hold while there are other coins which if the price go up and there is already good profit you see then it's up to you to decide to sell. I manage to have these two recently. I keep 3 other coins for long term and other coins I trade for profit because they are good for it.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
March 08, 2018, 05:33:04 AM
I prefer long term because it is more convincing,,
Actually, the short term is also good, but if the spare time is less I suggest long term is more promising.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
March 08, 2018, 05:22:33 AM
I am trading once in a while because I have coins in exchanges. Sometimes I buy and just wait the coin to go up in value before I sell, of course I know it is in dip. Now, which is better, set it to your expected price so that when it hit you sold? O wait for the price to go up and sell even if it did not reach yet to your  target price? Thanks.
Many people are confused with the same time cause they don’t know the exit point. Let me tell you a trick in such situations. When a coin rises to a certain level at which you are in profit, sell some part of it and hold the rest, if the price continues to rise, again sell a small part of it and continue doing so till the price continues to rise.

In this way, even if at some point the price drops, you wont regret it cause you would have already sold some portion of your investment and if it continues to rise, good enough and do the same. Sell some at different different points. Always sell in profit though never take loss. If in loss, better to hold.
Activity: 11
March 08, 2018, 04:58:35 AM
Project I have belief in I hold for at least a year and maybe more. But even when they bring me crazy gains, I will take out some profits, like 15-20%. Others that I buy when the prices are low or on ICO are usually projects that I like, but they turn out not to be as good as I expected (no frequent updates from the team, no news, no advances in project development...), and those I trade with some gain. Long term holds tend to bring highest profits, if you can hodl through thick and thin Smiley
copper member
Activity: 67
Blockchain enthusiast, English-French Translator
March 08, 2018, 03:59:50 AM
I believe it is good to have good balance between short term and long term holds in your portfolio. Generally top 50 coins would be long term holds while smaller caps would tend to be coins that you are looking to flip once they reach a certain level.
Activity: 491
Merit: 250
March 08, 2018, 03:43:32 AM
Hey! All depends on coins you possess now and you want to sell. If coins have great potential to grow and you dont hope just for pump Grin i would set target and wait. That happened many times to me - i sold with losses and then market went up.
Indeed. The selling of coins and holding them also depends on the coin you hold. If the coins have good potential and hard working team, there in no need to hurry. Instead you should hold it for a bit long to gain some significant profit. If the coin doesn’t have much potential, just wait for a spike in price cause of a pump and then sell immediately. I will also recommend to use the stop loss function that in available in some well know exchanges to prevent much loss for the downfall of a crypto.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
March 07, 2018, 11:07:21 AM
Short term and long term is the same. depending on how one sees the opportunity. the rapid rise and fall of prices in the crypto market is common. knowing what to do when such conditions are needed. when the value drops, then take the decision to buy. and sell when the price is high. as well as on long-term methods.
Activity: 32
March 07, 2018, 11:06:47 AM
I'm also mid-long term. Holder btc and eth. This a amazing coin and grow up in future. But I've coin to short term.
Activity: 412
Merit: 13
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
March 07, 2018, 10:47:22 AM
If I prefer long term. The fluctuating nature of crypto is very difficult to predict. Usually up and down prices is totally unpredictable. if using a short-term method then the greater risk of loss is faced. We recommend reducing the risk by using long-term and more definite benefits.
Activity: 2
March 07, 2018, 10:10:14 AM
money management most important thing. Some time you should hold for Medium ir long term. Some time if you understand market. Have to play and in short term.
Activity: 266
Merit: 105
March 07, 2018, 10:09:03 AM
to avoid the risk of loss bear then it is advisable to invest in the long term. Furthermore, in the long term or later can be in the future so all the coins will be more price rises, it becomes an advantage and may be getting great results.
Actually it has a higher risk especially on those coins with low volume and don't have that much investors with weak platform because some of the ICOs 3yrs ago has low to nil value as of now, but if we talk about good coins maybe that's i can say that risk is much lesser on long term trading compared to short term.
Activity: 42
Merit: 3
March 07, 2018, 09:59:36 AM
Better to play by waiting until it matches the target that we put. If lucky then the profit will we get. If using a short time, it will not necessarily benefit. because of the high fluctuating level crypto.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
March 07, 2018, 09:51:34 AM
I do not trade in the red market.  If you watch the news background, then it does not work well now.  In technical analysis, I'm not very good at trading to when all the coins are falling. I'm just waiting for my coins to grow.
Activity: 518
Merit: 108
March 07, 2018, 09:50:09 AM
short-term trading in some people causes excitement and a desire to get more, so not all can be great traders, I'm one of those people, it's easier for me to wait a long time and then fix a big profit
Pages:
Jump to: