Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you long term or short term? - page 35. (Read 3616 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
March 30, 2018, 12:42:45 PM
 When you buy some dubious altcoin and wait for it to rise in price, you can simply lose your money. It is necessary to evaluate objectively the potential of each coin.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
March 30, 2018, 12:02:00 PM
Now, because of the strong market downturn, most traders have become long-term investors. I believe that in this market it is necessary to invest in promising projects for several years to come.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
March 30, 2018, 11:53:00 AM
I am trading once in a while because I have coins in exchanges. Sometimes I buy and just wait the coin to go up in value before I sell, of course I know it is in dip. Now, which is better, set it to your expected price so that when it hit you sold? O wait for the price to go up and sell even if it did not reach yet to your  target price? Thanks.
I am a long term holder to this day I have not sold a single one of my coins and the reason for that is very simple I'm not interested in getting small profits out of my holdings I want to obtain as much money as possible and I'm willing to risk that my coins go to zero if that gives me the chance to get 10, 20, or even 100 times my investment.
Activity: 294
Merit: 5
March 30, 2018, 09:57:57 AM
I am trading once in a while because I have coins in exchanges. Sometimes I buy and just wait the coin to go up in value before I sell, of course I know it is in dip. Now, which is better, set it to your expected price so that when it hit you sold? O wait for the price to go up and sell even if it did not reach yet to your  target price? Thanks.
I also do trading but what I observed is, there's a fewer gain when youre a scalper compared to the Long-Term Holders.
As a trader, we get the mindset attitude of selling always when there's a profit; thus scalpers cannot hold a coin for long time. Usually scalpers keep on selling before the coins reach its top profit and planned to re-buy again during the dips but there are ceratin times we forget to rebuy again.
So what I did is, I only trade for a few coins in Binance and hold my portfolio seperately for long-term purposes in my ledger. I hope to hold more coins from doing Bounties. And I believe that the price of crypto-currency will go up more especially on the years to come.
I am intending to hold my coins until year 2020 and hopefully I will get huge profits when the right time comes.

Activity: 308
March 30, 2018, 07:33:18 AM
Before you start investing, whether it be short or long-term investing, you should have clear goals in mind.

Even if you are most interested in short-term investments, you should set aside a portion of your money for long-term investments. This will protect you if you were to lose your money because of a sudden market crash or bad investment. Investing is an important wealth-building tool and not something to avoid or be afraid of.
copper member
Activity: 96
March 30, 2018, 05:39:34 AM

I fully agree that in short, you need to trade in a bull market
Activity: 126
Merit: 5
March 24, 2018, 05:03:29 AM
For short-term, I try to trade when it is the bull market - i.e. moving averages are all moving up.

For mid-term, I am an ICO invester, trying to find some gems to x2 -x3 or x10.

For long-term, I am a hodler of main market movers - Bitcoin & Ethereum. I also believe in Stellar Lumens project, so I hodl a small size of it.
Activity: 350
Merit: 18
March 24, 2018, 04:58:57 AM
I chose a long time because I think it's safer to play for a long time so do not have to keep seeing the price every day. see the price once a week I think we can already profit.
copper member
Activity: 129
Merit: 7
March 24, 2018, 04:57:34 AM
I don't know what kind of investor i am because usually i don't look at this how long i will hodl the coin instead  what kind of what should happen with the coin. Sometimes it takes 1-2 month, sometimes 10-15 months, I didn't have situation yet that something took more time than that. But if it's needed i could hodl sth for 2-3 years maybe. I thing it's mid term investing because in my situation it works great.
Activity: 135
March 24, 2018, 04:49:30 AM
This is not easy to say, because some tokens will be held for a long time. Some of them will be held in the short term, but if you want to gain long-term benefits, I think it is better to look for long-term projects.
Activity: 96
March 24, 2018, 04:17:48 AM
In the short term, I think that short-term gains are greater than long-term gains. Relatively, risks will be higher, so you need to carefully analyze the risks of each of your investments.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
March 24, 2018, 03:56:05 AM
It depends on how you manage your tokens, you'll see to it that you wont regreet when attenpt to sell your coin and the other day the market increase. So its up to you weather your long or short. For me im a long term one.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
March 24, 2018, 03:52:58 AM
if I see from the current market situation I think to make short-term investment is very unlikely, but for long-term investment I think that choice can still provide a bright light for us.
actually short term investment during bearish market could give us the best profit compared to long term, bullish run can happen for a long period just like what happen last oct to jan this year, i suggest to take advantage this dips because gains can earn easily because bitcoin will always rise no matter what, we never saw a btc touching $0 just saying  Grin

There are some coins that are good for long term investment like bitcoin, ethereum and litecoin. Before buying a coin, it's better to research it first and find out if that coin have the best potential to give you profit in the long term. If you have some significant funds for long term investment then buy not just a single coin.
Activity: 629
Merit: 252
March 18, 2018, 06:20:14 PM
I am a type of a person which is following coin for long time before i can invest anything, that is why i am trying to just "define" time when i need to sell it, that is why it depends on project in which i am investing.
Activity: 252
Merit: 105
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
March 18, 2018, 03:36:20 PM
When deciding to invest in cryptos, you need to set the goal to take profits if the crypto reaches the expected exchange rate. This is very important, will help you avoid FOMO psychology. Even after the sale of the exchange rate has continued to rise, you should not regret that you have decided on the target. You should invest in long-term and have your own goals for cryptos rates.
Activity: 518
Merit: 108
March 18, 2018, 03:26:53 PM
I believe that in the current situation in the crypto currency market it is better to refrain from trading and wait for the situation to change.

Now a very tough drawdown of the market occurs and it's time to type coins for hold
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
March 18, 2018, 01:26:54 PM
I believe that in the current situation in the crypto currency market it is better to refrain from trading and wait for the situation to change.
Activity: 197
Merit: 1
March 18, 2018, 12:43:54 PM
I mostly do short-term trading. For the short term I chose to invest in bitcoin. If the value goes down I buy then I will sell when it is on target.  I do not grandiose in determining the target. Some time if you understand market. Have to play and in short term. Grin Smiley
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
March 18, 2018, 12:08:24 PM
I am long term holder,I got a experience that never sell crypto no matter how much dump it is in,focus on increases it's quantity.we already know in next five year blockchain will be high tech widely used technology then crypto will go insane in price so it's better to accumulate as many as you can and sell only if you are really in need of money.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
March 18, 2018, 11:55:48 AM
if I see from the current market situation I think to make short-term investment is very unlikely, but for long-term investment I think that choice can still provide a bright light for us.
actually short term investment during bearish market could give us the best profit compared to long term, bullish run can happen for a long period just like what happen last oct to jan this year, i suggest to take advantage this dips because gains can earn easily because bitcoin will always rise no matter what, we never saw a btc touching $0 just saying  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: