Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you still using MEW? - page 15. (Read 3896 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 500
August 27, 2018, 06:29:36 PM
From various sources, MyEtherWallet (MEW) are not under development and maintenance any more. Even its founders has confirmed that they are switching to develop a new platform called mycrypto and encourage everybody to move there property to there.
But IMO, MEW or mycrypto is just a gateway to access your real wallet in the blockchain, so, both of them are still fine event MEW is not maintained anymore, right?

MEW still has a lot of users because it is simple and easy to use, it is also suitable for newbies. I usually check their twitter account before joining the website to make sure everything is ok.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1
Base.protocol
August 27, 2018, 06:12:53 PM
I still have my new but stopped using it for while now after all the hacking news on it. Mew can be safe but you have to be careful with the logon web page not to enter your details for scammer
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
August 27, 2018, 06:07:04 PM

Yes, its my first and best ETH wallet.  It can store ERC20 tokens which is the usual tokens for majority of the ICO.  It is safe and convenient and you can also connect with trezor for cold storage.
Activity: 99
Merit: 0
August 27, 2018, 05:52:24 PM
Yes I am, MEW is one of the most trusted online wallets available out there and until now I still use it. as long as I use MEW there is never a problem and MEW is always safe. so I will still use it for a long time.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
August 27, 2018, 05:30:08 PM
Yes, still using Myetherwallet address since i was started in cryptocurrency campaign programs. This is because most of my campaign is using MEW , participating in bounty signature, facebook, twitter, and telegram. Furthermore, i am very open to used any of a different wallet like: https://mycrypto.com , meta mask and etc.

But these wallets are really useful same like Myetherwallet and at the same time all the ERC20 tokens are really accept the marketplace value ahead.

Like you I too use the Myetherwallet to receive the funds and so far I did not find the any mistake or problems on using the wallet buddy.

Kindly ignore the fake news and scam information about the MEW wallet it will be work well.
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
August 27, 2018, 05:22:39 PM
MyEtherWallet (MEW) moved to mycrypto I don't think it was a problem, but the problem seemed to lie in the transaction costs that slightly increased. But don't worry both of them can still be accessed properly.

So far according to the information I read, the MEW team is working to improve the credibility of MEW, correcting the shortcomings that occurred in the past, so that Ether can become a real business product.

Our Goals
  • Make choices that are the best for Ethereum, the community, and the larger blockchain space.
    Create the best product we can to empower people to interact with the blockchain.
  • Find the balance between safety, control, ease-of-use, privacy, decentralization, and trustlessness.
  • Ensure our users understand the risks of the blockchain and can make an informed choice between our product and alternatives (e.g. hosted wallets, exchanges).
  • Take the people who use our product and provide feedback to heart and carry their feedback with us; they are why we are here. Listen to them, regardless of their technical abilities or communication skills.
  • Stay true to our free, open-source, privacy-minded, transparency-focused, and client-side roots.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
August 27, 2018, 05:12:48 PM
Yes, still using Myetherwallet address since i was started in cryptocurrency campaign programs. This is because most of my campaign is using MEW , participating in bounty signature, facebook, twitter, and telegram. Furthermore, i am very open to used any of a different wallet like: https://mycrypto.com , meta mask and etc.
Activity: 266
“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”
August 27, 2018, 05:12:05 PM
Myetherwallet is simple,  easy and safer to use for ethereum token and ether!  Myetherwallet is been used everyday by majority of users on ethereum platform.  I use Myetherwallet everyday!
Activity: 238
https://www.empirehotels.io
August 27, 2018, 05:11:17 PM
I use MEW even though I don't trust IT, but I pay attention to suspicious phishing sites.
Activity: 882
Merit: 254
August 27, 2018, 05:09:54 PM
Man MEW is just a User InterFace (UI) of the Ethereum blockchain, it has nothing to do with your security, unless someone got access to your private key (keyloggers, phishing URLs,...), other that that, you're 100% safe.

You can always use another UI for the ETH blockchain, i hope this link will help you out:
https://nulltx.com/here-are-the-top-5-ethereum-wallets-supporting-erc20-tokens/
Activity: 252
August 27, 2018, 05:08:47 PM
From various sources, MyEtherWallet (MEW) are not under development and maintenance any more. Even its founders has confirmed that they are switching to develop a new platform called mycrypto and encourage everybody to move there property to there.
But IMO, MEW or mycrypto is just a gateway to access your real wallet in the blockchain, so, both of them are still fine event MEW is not maintained anymore, right?

I still use MEW, I really like this wallet. Anyone who finds this wallet unreliable, they should grow wiser and learn how to correctly store passwords from a wallet. I have had no problems with this purse for more than a year of use.
copper member
Activity: 518
Merit: 2
August 27, 2018, 05:05:26 PM
I wouldn't advice anyone NOT even my worst enemy to use MEW, I have had friends share a lot of sad tales about MEW. In my opinion, it will be better to migrate or import all your Ethereum addresses to more secure and more flexible wallets to safe yourself the vulnerability of MEW. However, this is just my opinion.
Activity: 396
Merit: 100
August 27, 2018, 04:54:38 PM
I have now abandoned MEW and use an app called Secrypto on the App store, its user-friendly interface and easy to use, you can easily create new wallets or import your old wallet into the app.

https://www.secrypto.io/
Activity: 1582
Merit: 670
August 27, 2018, 04:43:53 PM
From the very beginning, I could not trust the way the MEW works. For this reason I always acted cautiously. After I started using Metamask, I got a little more comfortable. However, Metamask needs to be developed a lot. It can be very useful in the future if it shows enough growth. It would be nice if we could send a direct token, for example.
Activity: 238
https://eloncity.io/
August 27, 2018, 04:40:50 PM
I actually used it occasionally like when I want to know the total number of token in my possession, then also when I want to see a full name of a particular token received aside that, I am always stick to imtoken, metamask and coinomi but of recent I do use trust wallet.
Activity: 331
Merit: 13
August 27, 2018, 04:28:07 PM
I thought it was possible to access tokens stored in MEW in Metamask and other wallets. If this was so, I'll continue to use it. But I've not seen any problems with it so far.
Activity: 546
August 27, 2018, 04:25:21 PM
Yes, I am still MEW although I have been looking for alternatives for sometime now. But I like the simplicity MEW offers.
Activity: 216
August 27, 2018, 04:24:31 PM
There are many reasons still to use MEW. It’s reliable and I think no best option than MEW has been invented yet. Its very comfortable to use by taking precautions from hacking.
Activity: 126
August 27, 2018, 04:22:08 PM

Never used. I only use metamask
Thank developers now I can send my tokens via metamask itself without need to launch MEW
Activity: 1260
Merit: 21
August 27, 2018, 04:21:46 PM
indeed some of the founders and developers of MEW made new wallet providers under the name MyCrypto and this happened a few months ago. don't worry, because both are safe and I still use both. if you are afraid, then you can use other wallets, such as metamask, electrum, coinomi, jaxx and hardware wallets.
Yes, I'm going to switch to ENJ Wallet, but I'm just curious about things. And IMO, why don't they keep working on MEW since it was working very well, right?
I actually got the ENJ wallet a while back when it was launched and moved some fo my tokens there but somehow I am still using MEW the most, I think I have to check this info out and not get caught up
Pages:
Jump to: