Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you still using MEW? - page 13. (Read 3896 times)

Activity: 139
Merit: 0
August 28, 2018, 09:40:35 AM
To a large extent I still do often times I need to use their services. Thou, I have encountered some issues with them some few times, the platform is actually user friendly which makes it easier to use. The mycrypto on the other hand is kinda still in the nurturing stage explaining why transactions cost still a bit higher that MEW.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 100
August 28, 2018, 09:31:43 AM
Yes, I still use it, but since the news that they will stop to develop it, I have tried to find the others best wallet. For now I am only considering blue wallet and imtoken.
Activity: 191
August 28, 2018, 09:22:06 AM
From various sources, MyEtherWallet (MEW) are not under development and maintenance any more. Even its founders has confirmed that they are switching to develop a new platform called mycrypto and encourage everybody to move there property to there.
But IMO, MEW or mycrypto is just a gateway to access your real wallet in the blockchain, so, both of them are still fine event MEW is not maintained anymore, right?

I don't know that where had you heard about the information that MEW are not under development and maintenance any more?? Everything is still Ok and their team are still working hard and I am also using the MEW to save and transfer tokens completely normal
Activity: 98
August 28, 2018, 09:20:39 AM
I prefer to use imtoken rather than mew. Imtoken is easier because I see my tokens more often using a smart phone. mew is more difficult to use for me as a beginner.
Activity: 61
Merit: 1
August 28, 2018, 09:18:43 AM
Still got some tokens and ethereum left there, too much of a hassle to move it all lately. I got a bit scared off when they got attacked last time.
Activity: 546
Merit: 15
August 28, 2018, 09:16:27 AM
As far as I know - the team of the developers of the MEW project was divided into two groups, and now one group of people is working on MEW and the second group is working on the MyCrypto project.
Activity: 340
Merit: 11
www.cd3d.app
August 28, 2018, 09:16:05 AM
as of now i am still using MEW as my ERC20 wallet and so far im atill with this software wallet. but since you were saying that they are encouraging MEW users to switch with a new wallet for me it is OK to try it first then you can decide if you want to transfer all your funds in this new wallet.

Activity: 168
Merit: 10
August 28, 2018, 09:15:27 AM
Yes! At the moment there are no good replacement for MEW.
Just trezor.. but still somekind MEW.
So once again yes - for me MeW is still the best online wallet
MEW is one of the most trusted online wallets available out there and until now I still use it. as long as I use MEW there is never a problem and MEW is always safe. so I will still use it for a long time.
Activity: 672
Merit: 140
August 28, 2018, 09:14:05 AM
Yes! At the moment there are no good replacement for MEW.
Just trezor.. but still somekind MEW.
So once again yes - for me MeW is still the best online wallet
Activity: 406
Merit: 110
August 28, 2018, 09:12:43 AM
From various sources, MyEtherWallet (MEW) are not under development and maintenance any more. Even its founders has confirmed that they are switching to develop a new platform called mycrypto and encourage everybody to move there property to there.
But IMO, MEW or mycrypto is just a gateway to access your real wallet in the blockchain, so, both of them are still fine event MEW is not maintained anymore, right?

I too am still using MEW. As long as it works well enough to connect my wallet to the blockchain and helps me send my transactions then it's fine. My only worry is if the site is not maintained, it may lose the critical aspect of maintenance which protects it from new cyber attack vectors. If someone develops new phishing or hacking attempts i don't know until how long can MEW survive. In due time i will probably not wait for anything untoward to happen and move to newer platforms.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
August 28, 2018, 09:09:18 AM
MEW I think is the safest and you don't have to worry as long as you have the private key. Downloading MEW to use it offline is much safer.

I kept my tokens in MEW though I rarely login to it but I kept watching the tokens inside it using the etherscan. I rarely loggin to MEW as most of the time  I keep trading on exchanges where my coins are, I know exchanges aren't safe but what can I do, its where we all go to earn few bucks every time.
Activity: 378
August 28, 2018, 08:57:01 AM

I use only MEW, and I like everything. I hear for the first time that it is no longer served. This is some kind of stupidity, and this can not be. Provide facts.
I use a purse of MEW and I will use. It seems to me the most reliable. I use Metamask, but it is rare, i
t for some reason seems to me not really convenient for use.
Activity: 753
August 28, 2018, 08:54:35 AM

I use only MEW, and I like everything. I hear for the first time that it is no longer served. This is some kind of stupidity, and this can not be. Provide facts.
Activity: 58
August 28, 2018, 08:41:39 AM
I heard some people going to shift to ENJ wallet. But I prefer mew, I think it’s the most trusted online wallet. Till now I have no problem to use this. So I suggest everyone to use it.
Activity: 658
August 28, 2018, 07:37:53 AM
Myetherwallet is perhaps the most secure,  beautiful user interface and the most amazing Ethereum wallet in cryptocurrency.  The community of ethereum users and army of ICO buyers love the simplicity of Myetherwallet yet sophisticated platform of MEW!
Activity: 364
August 28, 2018, 07:33:08 AM

Yes I do still use MEW despite of the issues this past months. It is still one of the most trusted wallets in the system and I do not see any reason changing to another wallet. Unless the MEW team states any reason to transfer to another wallet, I will keep on using it.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
August 28, 2018, 07:23:03 AM
Maintained or not, the fact that you have full control of your wallet is all that counts and even if the devs peradventure decides to revamp the wallet for additional securities, you can decide to just simply move to using it instead of MEW in that essence.

Nevertheless, you can always access your wallet and some of the tokens as well anytime as long as you have your private key most especially and you are able to secure it. I still use MEW though to transfer tokens and I have never had any problem with it, though I utilize it with Metamask for safety precautions. I am still planning up to use offline version of MEW but my time is not allowing that to set up yet.
Activity: 588
Merit: 107
August 28, 2018, 01:32:32 AM
I still use MEW for small funds that can be immediately be accessed and transferred without using my Ledger.
Long terms holds are in my hardware wallet.
Activity: 156
Merit: 1
August 28, 2018, 01:31:06 AM
Yes, I'm still using it. I think there is no issue on it even it is not maintained because it is just a gateway to access your assets.
I believe there still many using MEW.
Activity: 65
August 28, 2018, 01:19:00 AM
Yes of course I am still using MEW. I guess wallet is nice and has a fairly reliable security. many people who use this wallet I guess there's no reason not to use MEW although wallet ethereum has now started a lot.
Pages:
Jump to: