Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you still using MEW? - page 12. (Read 3896 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
August 28, 2018, 11:11:37 AM
Yes im still mew as my main wallet, although ive heard from many friends that their wallets are hacked due to careless handling of their private keys.

Most people who got bad experiences with mew is because of their own fault and as long as we are carefull enough I am sure we will be safe. MEW is still my favourite wallet.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
August 28, 2018, 11:02:38 AM
Yes im still mew as my main wallet, although ive heard from many friends that their wallets are hacked due to careless handling of their private keys.
Activity: 574
Merit: 10
Gistcoin
August 28, 2018, 10:43:02 AM
Yes exactly. At least, MyEtherWallet is an easy wallet to be used for the ERC-20 and Ethereum based platform. Yeah I know that some months ago, MEW was hacked. But so far, my wallet is still secure. I diversify my MEW account to avoid the hacked. Additionally, securing the wallet private key and be careful when logging in is a must.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
homt.net
August 28, 2018, 10:42:45 AM
From various sources, MyEtherWallet (MEW) are not under development and maintenance any more. Even its founders has confirmed that they are switching to develop a new platform called mycrypto and encourage everybody to move there property to there.
But IMO, MEW or mycrypto is just a gateway to access your real wallet in the blockchain, so, both of them are still fine event MEW is not maintained anymore, right?

I think whatever latest development in the Algorithm of the Ethereum protocol is a welcome development to the cryptocurrency space, the whole idea is to increase the scalabilty of the payment blockchain and other related parameters in the ecosystem. What we need is a massive adoption of crypto in this 21st century.
Activity: 485
Merit: 105
August 28, 2018, 10:32:37 AM
Yes, I'm sure majority of us still using myetherwallet since this the most trusted wallet so far, I didn't encounter any problems of this wallet, I wonder where did you get that information ?
Activity: 660
Merit: 101
Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl
August 28, 2018, 10:32:07 AM
MEW is simple and easy to use. And all bounty hunters use MEW that's for sure. I also use MEW for storing my tokens. Controlling it easily and especially needing to secure private keys is good enough because it can be easily attacked
copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 0
StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective
August 28, 2018, 10:31:08 AM
MEW is a good wallet for having control over your tokens but if you miss your way by allowing third party to have access to your private key then you are gone and you can always use Metamask as plugin to make it more secure and on my crypto wallet I think that was launched some months back and was found by one of the mew staff and not the main CEO of mew so it's like a fork of MEW.
Activity: 307
August 28, 2018, 10:30:44 AM
I still use MEW and so far I have no reason to change. MEW is very convenient for me. If an interesting alternative appears, maybe it will be time for a change.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
August 28, 2018, 10:29:27 AM
MEW is the most trusted er20 wallet and i'm used since from the start of my crypto life and until now with no problems, i think all crypto holders are using mew aside from their other bitcoin and altcoin wallet.
Activity: 980
Merit: 12
August 28, 2018, 10:28:45 AM
Honestly, I did not hear about what the author of the topic wrote, that the developers left the MEW purse, it will be necessary to check this information. At the moment, yes, I still use it, it is very simple and easy to use and with careful and competent use - it's safe. So I was not going to change it yet, but if the author of the rights and the developers abandoned the project and no one else will keep it, update it and so on, then we need to look for another place to store the tokens...   Undecided
Activity: 644
Merit: 1
August 28, 2018, 10:28:35 AM
The first time I used eth wallet using mew. But I see that there is often an error every time I access mew. this makes me look for better options. I am currently using imtoken.
Activity: 194
Grow with the flow.
August 28, 2018, 10:26:24 AM
Yeah I use MEW combined with MetaMask for loggin into my wallet. Even though the developers 'seem' te have abondoned ship, I will still be using this wwallet interface until the next and better wallet is thoroughly tested and bugs have been squashed. Could take some months but I don't have any reason to abandon MEW right at this moment imo.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
August 28, 2018, 10:26:12 AM
Yes I am still using MEW to store ethereum based tokens.It may not be the most user-friendly wallet but seriously addicted to the wallet now. I agree that it is not popular when comparing with last year as a Wallet.
I still use MEW for small funds that can be immediately be accessed and transferred without using my Ledger.
Long terms holds are in my hardware wallet.
Activity: 229
Merit: 11
August 28, 2018, 10:25:35 AM
Mew is still good and it can be used with hardware wallets. Also, It has an easy, familiar interface
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 28, 2018, 10:24:42 AM
Yes I am still using MEW to store ethereum based tokens.It may not be the most user-friendly wallet but seriously addicted to the wallet now. I agree that it is not popular when comparing with last year as a Wallet.
Activity: 294
August 28, 2018, 10:23:17 AM
Yes im still using mew as my main wallet. Just be careful in handling your keys so that it will not be in the hands of the hackers.
Activity: 784
Merit: 123
August 28, 2018, 10:18:37 AM
Of course still have.  Even I've heard news regarding on hack accounts from Myetherwallet but I still using it until now. I may not believing on hacking of accounts if you really care your keys and handling it seriously. Careless handling of our accounts will bring into the hands of hackers and leave nothing inside.
Activity: 294
August 28, 2018, 10:12:13 AM

I think many people use the MEW and will do it. Since the discovery and introduction of an additional new platform does not mean that the previous one is bad. Simply everything develops and the supply of such products increases.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
August 28, 2018, 09:46:34 AM
Of course. I also use MEW when I use ETH tokens, but I downloaded the latest version from github and locally run it to avoid DNS spoofing, I think this is right, I advise everyone to do just that, it's written on MEW's website, if I'm not mistaken
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
August 28, 2018, 09:41:05 AM
From various sources, MyEtherWallet (MEW) are not under development and maintenance any more. Even its founders has confirmed that they are switching to develop a new platform called mycrypto and encourage everybody to move there property to there.
But IMO, MEW or mycrypto is just a gateway to access your real wallet in the blockchain, so, both of them are still fine event MEW is not maintained anymore, right?

Where did you find this crap?the next time you will be putting this kind of serious topic you must have links and supporting quotes to make the thread reliable because the way you make this it looks like just another story telling and hearsays..i am still using MyEtherWallet and i will use this as long as the site is active
Pages:
Jump to: