Pages:
Author

Topic: ARG Puzzle with 3.5 BTC Private Key Prize, Game Over - page 2. (Read 99417 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

excuse me? say what?
are you on drugs?
NO IT DOESNT
anything can be in that string simply because it has all the alphabet characters.
you didnt answer the question, you just avoided it.

Your response is puzzling.  I directly answered your question and no I'm not on drugs.  The alphabet string can't be anything.  The alphabet is required to 1) know what shift value to assign each character of the shifting key and 2) what value to assign each character of the input string.  From there it is a bunch of addition operations modulo 62, and using that value as the index into the same alphabet to get the output.  You need some natural ordering of the characters in order to go from characters to numbers and then back to characters.  The 0=0A=10BABYA=36' clue was simply telling you the correct ordering to use. Get it now?  The clue has no other meaning than that. (And yes, I read the post. ) Glad I can help clear that up for you.

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
once again: why is there a GATEway for darkwallet and a GATEkeeper just happens to have won?

And mathGATE kept pushing their crappy treasure hunt? It's a gate-spiracy! This is bigger than Watergate. It's gategate. All your gates are belong to us.

LOL  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
i have to admit that this is funny.

still doesnt answer the question though.....
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
once again: why is there a GATEway for darkwallet and a GATEkeeper just happens to have won?

And mathGATE kept pushing their crappy treasure hunt? It's a gate-spiracy! This is bigger than Watergate. It's gategate. All your gates are belong to us.
So the fact that I'm a newbie make me unfit to have an opinion that differs from yours...?

I've played the game! Where possible I verified the find of others so to checked their conclusions.
I've backtracked often enough to check the current leads and the trail we were following was logical
with regards to the solved puzzles and hints and the way forward.

The only conclusion I can make (as newbie... so it doesn't count) is that this puzzle was not self sustaining, and needed too many
hint from the OP
to keep the momentum going, but the solution as provided by gatekeeper has more merit than
the alternative solution you keep promoting. That one has more holes than Swiss cheese.... and less pony's....

NO, it didnt need too many hints.
it just needed wits as it was proven so.

ask yourself, why no hints for days when the OP said no more clues?
because you had everything. you just didnt see it because you thought about it too technically.....
-snip-

Cant you see that S4VV4S and his sockpuppet is beyond reason? The riddle was over his head at the end, he resigned to posting videos with songs and cheers. I doubt he was ever hacked, might have been just instable internet, ISP having problems etc. IMHO he just could not stand the loss and is unable to understand the solution given severals tries by different people to explain. I dont think he is not smart enough, but rather to focused on his path and his solution that anything else can not be true. I know the riddle messed with our feelings, at least it did with mine. I disliked arg way longer then he/she deserved. The time and thoughts I put into this made me feel tired and empty from time to time.

Its like in the movie 23, if you look hard enough you will start seeing things.

I hope he will one day return from within the rabbithole and see clearly again, for he was a funny and friendly person.

If it makes you wonder OP, I do not think its your fault. Its not the riddle itself or the riddleress (? is there a female version of riddler? [1]) that breaks people but their mind/spirit that breaks on the challange. He will survive, he will heal and be stronger in the end. We just need to give him time to realize his foolishness.

[1] I did a quick search and found this http://dcfanfiction.wikia.com/wiki/Riddleress
ofc it woukd be an overly sexified version... anyway btt

Cant you see that S4VV4S and his sockpuppet is beyond reason?

NO they cant.
all they see is shills like you.

The riddle was over his head at the end
so why does his version make sense and NO mistakes involved?

he resigned to posting videos with songs and cheers
sorry what do you mean?
i am not stupified enough to understand you.

I doubt he was ever hacked
if you have the authority feel free to check the formal complains with both the police and his isp.
he is a police officer himself and a high rank one so he knows which steps to take in cases like this.
i am guessing somebody didnt know that before they attacked him.....
tough shit!

IMHO he just could not stand the loss and is unable to understand the solution given severals tries by different people to explain.
YOU (especially you) were all sleeping when he hit the pot.
so please restrain yourself when your are talking about your supperiors.
i am guessing that the germans learned nothing from history....
ask churchill, kennedy, stalin and others.
the greeks can be a real bitch sometimes i guess.
then again if it wasnt for the greeks we would all be speaking german right?
hint hint, learn when to shut up.

I dont think he is not smart enough
i wonder why you say that shill.....

I hope he will one day return from within the rabbithole and see clearly again

which rabbithole will that be?
the one that says that you are a shill and he has actually found the solution?

If it makes you wonder OP, I do not think its your fault. Its not the riddle itself or the riddleress (? is there a female version of riddler? [1]) that breaks people but their mind/spirit that breaks on the challange. He will survive, he will heal and be stronger in the end. We just need to give him time to realize his foolishness.

oh what a shill you are.
have you seen the evidence he has presented?
and if you have and have an IQ of more than 10, do you think the game creators made a mistake?

let me answer that for you. yes they did.

they fucked with the wrong person.

oh and btw stop playing your girly game.

ANSWER QUESTIONS POSED TO YOU.

shill
you are nothing but a shill.

PS: i will repeat myself. spain is no good anymore so game over boys. you are wanted back home.
Activity: 89
Merit: 11
So the fact that I'm a newbie make me unfit to have an opinion that differs from yours...?

I've played the game! Where possible I verified the find of others so to checked their conclusions.
I've backtracked often enough to check the current leads and the trail we were following was logical
with regards to the solved puzzles and hints and the way forward.

The only conclusion I can make (as newbie... so it doesn't count) is that this puzzle was not self sustaining, and needed too many
hint from the OP to keep the momentum going, but the solution as provided by gatekeeper has more merit than
the alternative solution you keep promoting. That one has more holes than Swiss cheese.... and less pony's....
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
-snip-

Cant you see that S4VV4S and his sockpuppet is beyond reason? The riddle was over his head at the end, he resigned to posting videos with songs and cheers. I doubt he was ever hacked, might have been just instable internet, ISP having problems etc. IMHO he just could not stand the loss and is unable to understand the solution given severals tries by different people to explain. I dont think he is not smart enough, but rather to focused on his path and his solution that anything else can not be true. I know the riddle messed with our feelings, at least it did with mine. I disliked arg way longer then he/she deserved. The time and thoughts I put into this made me feel tired and empty from time to time.

Its like in the movie 23, if you look hard enough you will start seeing things.

I hope he will one day return from within the rabbithole and see clearly again, for he was a funny and friendly person.

[1] I did a quick search and found this http://dcfanfiction.wikia.com/wiki/Riddleress
ofc it woukd be an overly sexified version... anyway btt
also, someone plsease confirm our find...

the darkwallet has a bug and it allows anyone to gain full access of the darkwallet gateway.

this is just to make sure that we are right Wink

so please do not do anything illegal Wink otherwise we will be on your ass.

Sorry to say so but you shouldnt be playing this games.

Leave it to the pros..... Wink

and btw nobody seems to have answered what the marked area in the wow.jpg was.......

notice how there is a line going down on DECLIN. Huh??
I guess you are correct, I should not be playing the games. :-(
The image with the marked area used in the solution you are promoting has actually being made by me..... and its wrong.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7669775
I did mention the line-up is not exact.....

There have been updates of this image where this overlay content was scaled correctly, no line is going down the Declination column there.....
I have to agree with you that this overlay has not been explained, there as also never been a hint that it was part of the puzzle either...
80% of the Dungeons of Daggorath source code has not been used, you need an explanation for that as well?

There has never been a real hint from the OP that the solution had to be a darkwallet. Sure with the picture as starting point it could have been an option.
That is what makes it a puzzle; pursue possibilities and eliminate impossibilities.
The title of this topic has been changing during the game but it always stated that we were searching for a private key, here it never mentioned a darkwallet seed.

really?
so you posted something that was misleading?
so why does it make perfect sense?

There has never been a real hint from the OP that the solution had to be a darkwallet. Sure with the picture as starting point it could have been an option.

yet none of them seem to match the pattern do they?

lets get things clear, nothing has been explained by the game creators, yet, newbies like yourself seem to keep defending the game creators.

funny how most of you seem to disappear when asked serious questions like: arg sidekick: why are you using the same term as the coin artists - DM - instead of what everyone else is using - PM -?

that being said, what makes more sense to you?

that the game creators made a mistake or that there is a perfect version of the game outlined here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/arg-puzzle-with-35btc-prize-the-alternative-ending-683366

btw you seem to have joined only but a few days before this game yet have mostly been active on this post.
Why?

PS: Game over boys. no where to run anymore....

and btw nobody seems to have answered what the marked area in the wow.jpg was.......

I guess you are correct, I should not be playing the games. :-(
The image with the marked area used in the solution you are promoting has actually being made by me..... and its wrong.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7669775
I did mention the line-up is not exact.....

There have been updates of this image where this overlay content was scaled correctly, no line is going down the Declination column there.....
I have to agree with you that this overlay has not been explained, there as also never been a hint that it was part of the puzzle either...
80% of the Dungeons of Daggorath source code has not been used, you need an explanation for that as well?

That is what makes it a puzzle; pursue possibilities and eliminate impossibilities.
The title of this topic has been changing during the game but it always stated that we were searching for a private key, here it never mentioned a darkwallet seed.

Also, what does 0=0A=10BABYA=36WOW mean?

0=0A=10BABYA=36WOW describes the alphabet the wow 51 character string was in : 0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

You needed to know this to figure out what the index of each character was in order to make the shifting work.

Was there an alternate (more correct) path to the key? Maybe.  Someone did notice some files were uploaded after the puzzle started and that was suspicious.  So, perhaps you're right.  The path we took was layed out for us after a mistake was noticed.   Dunno.

excuse me? say what?
are you on drugs?
NO IT DOESNT
anything can be in that string simply because it has all the alphabet characters.

Yes there is a REAL version.
Once again you can find it here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/arg-puzzle-with-35btc-prize-the-alternative-ending-683366

PS: also, why is there a GATEway for darkwallet and a GATEkeeper just happens to have won?
hint hint, more to come soon....

PPS: i know you are reading this, so get this clear. you started something that you shouldnnt have.
you never intented to give the prize to this people. this was just for advertising yourself.
and guess what? spain is no longer good enough Wink
and you are wanted back home arent you?

Hint from OP:
0 = 0A = 10BABYA = 36WOW

This was no hint from OP, it actually is the solution of the crop circle puzzle.

So let’s break that down:

0 is the starting point
0A, which means the starting point, then becomes a capital A, I took the first capital A
10BABYA – Count the next 10 characters and you find a “baby” A or a
36WOW – If you look at the tiles over it there all there: 3, 6, w, o, w

Yeah, this makes much more sense then seeing it as a description of a base 62 alphabet translation.
The 'real' solution you keep referring to is just as fragile in it assumptions and leaps.

It could have been a valid path, but I have to believe the real path to the correct solution is the one defined by the makers or the puzzle itself.
Sure the road was bumpy and bouncy and at times we were led by the hand, but it does not make their defined road wrong, just different that
the one you are promoting.

Since I mostly enjoyed the puzzle as was laid out by the OP, I welcome a new version, and take any mistakes for granted.

0=0A=10BABYA=36WOW describes the alphabet the wow 51 character string was in : 0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

You needed to know this to figure out what the index of each character was in order to make the shifting work.

Was there an alternate (more correct) path to the key? Maybe.  Someone did notice some files were uploaded after the puzzle started and that was suspicious.  So, perhaps you're right.  The path we took was layed out for us after a mistake was noticed.   Dunno.

excuse me? say what?
are you on drugs?
NO IT DOESNT

Once again you can find it here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/arg-puzzle-with-35btc-prize-the-alternative-ending-683366

PS: also, why is there a GATEway for darkwallet and a GATEkeeper just happens to have won?

PPS: i know you are reading this, so get this clear. you started something that you shouldnnt have.
you never intented to give the prize to this people. this was just for advertising yourself.

Hint from OP:
0 = 0A = 10BABYA = 36WOW

This was no hint from OP, it actually is the solution of the crop circle puzzle.

So let’s break that down:

0 is the starting point
0A, which means the starting point, then becomes a capital A, I took the first capital A
10BABYA – Count the next 10 characters and you find a “baby” A or a
36WOW – If you look at the tiles over it there all there: 3, 6, w, o, w

Yeah, this makes much more sense then seeing it as a description of a base 62 alphabet translation.
The 'real' solution you keep referring to is just as fragile in it assumptions and leaps.

It could have been a valid path, but I have to believe the real path to the correct solution is the one defined by the makers or the puzzle itself.
Sure the road was bumpy and bouncy and at times we were led by the hand, but it does not make their defined road wrong, just different that
the one you are promoting.

Since I mostly enjoyed the puzzle as was laid out by the OP, I welcome a new version, and take any mistakes for granted.
btw, did anyone notice that there is a bug in dark wallet which allows anyone to gain full control of the darkwallet gateway?

have fun and play fair Wink

excuse me? say what?
are you on drugs?
NO IT DOESNT

Also, can the person who brute forced the private key, provide us with the script that has done so and a step by step guide on how we can do it too?
You have been asked that many times before.

I was the first to post an algorithm after which the 'bruteforcing' can be applied (see posting 2093 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7704707)

(Many others were stuck at the same step privately.)

The next step was to iterate over every position in input string (z69JZqlJn862D1ndx7oLVEMmVOlP1zewEeUCrsI7Roahzpeny7P) and, if the character was a lowercase character, change lower case to upper case and run the algorithm again. Then if the corresponding public key matched, you found the answer. (This happens when you turn the 'w' into 'W')

I would not classify this as 'bruteforce', actually, since the problem space is so tiny. Even if you iterated over every position and rotated through all 128 printable ascii chars, it can still be done in a matter of milliseconds (provided you had a quick way to generate the public address from the private key, which I did).

My initial reaction was that it was a mistake.  But now that I thought about it, I think it was intentional.  It was just one more barrier.

My beef was that there was no _reason_ to attempt this type of mutation until the OP gave the final clue 'what was once tall is now small'. But in retrospect, it was not that much of a leap to try that. I tried so many other dumb approaches.

Indeed you did, and apparently the Gatekeeper used your script.
That being said, have you seen ANY kind of clues (other than the OP updates) coming from the Gatekeeper along the way?

Also, after reading this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/arg-puzzle-with-35btc-prize-the-alternative-ending-683366
what makes more sense to you?

That the game creators made a mistake and had you blindly trying to brute force the private key?
(and also had you in the dark for days when they said NO MORE CLUES)

OR

There is a perfect version of the game outlined here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/arg-puzzle-with-35btc-prize-the-alternative-ending-683366

Btw what does the marked area in the Wow.jpg mean if not what was presented on the link above?
(Regardless of the fact that it has been stripped after someone cracked their riddle).

It simply does not make sense that the game creators made a mistake yet there is a perfect version of the game which uses ALL the clues provided by the game creators.
Does it?

Also, can the person who brute forced the private key, provide us with the script that has done so and a step by step guide on how we can do it too?

I was the first to post an algorithm after which the 'bruteforcing' can be applied (see posting 2093 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7704707)

(Many others were stuck at the same step privately.)

The next step was to iterate over every position in input string (z69JZqlJn862D1ndx7oLVEMmVOlP1zewEeUCrsI7Roahzpeny7P) and, if the character was a lowercase character, change lower case to upper case and run the algorithm again. Then if the corresponding public key matched, you found the answer. (This happens when you turn the 'w' into 'W')

I would not classify this as 'bruteforce', actually, since the problem space is so tiny. Even if you iterated over every position and rotated through all 128 printable ascii chars, it can still be done in a matter of milliseconds (provided you had a quick way to generate the public address from the private key, which I did).

My initial reaction was that it was a mistake.  But now that I thought about it, I think it was intentional.  It was just one more barrier.

My beef was that there was no _reason_ to attempt this type of mutation until the OP gave the final clue 'what was once tall is now small'. But in retrospect, it was not that much of a leap to try that. I tried so many other dumb approaches.
Activity: 400
Merit: 250
where is written someone bruteforced the key?
When is the next one damn it!!

Do you honestly expect a next one (from the same person)?

They seem to have disappeared and not answer any questions posed to them when they were asked to do so.
Why is that?

Activity: 743
Merit: 502
how do you play the game?

read this thread from page 2 and you'll watch how everyone played the game.
Pages:
Jump to: