Author

Topic: ARK - DPoS 🔹 ARK Protokol 🔹 MarketSquare 🔹 IPFS 🔹 Staking on Binance 🔹 - page 249. (Read 781308 times)

Activity: 251
Merit: 250
Bough this when ICO, and yeah I forgot that I bought this coin. I tried to calculate the price to USD and the price for now already about 400% since I bought it. Now I am learning to stake this coin for greater profit, I also believe the price will be continue to increase.

Good luck dev!
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
It seems we are touching bottom line once again but right now taking risk can be good gamble on the ARK. In my opinion it may go down little more but there is no downtrend at all. This is what anyone can look to make sure his investment has chances to grow in time. Market is providing space for expansion at these floors. A portion of my holding is going into ARK again.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
I'm new here. Can someone explain what this French grand slam is? I read the blog. Couldn't understand it.

Is it a physical event or a virtual (digital) event? What's the venue?
What is meant by filling brackets after countdown?

Is there any kind of walkthrough/guide on it?

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/index.html

Once the bracket is available it is self explanatory. You just select players from the bracket to advance and you earn points for correct picks. 

-tb-
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
I'm new here. Can someone explain what this French grand slam is? I read the blog. Couldn't understand it.

Is it a physical event or a virtual (digital) event? What's the venue?
What is meant by filling brackets after countdown?

Is there any kind of walkthrough/guide on it?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
author=toknormal link=topic=1927772.msg19153779#msg19153779 date=1495530085]

I have some Ethereum but I see it as an extremely risky investment long term. Sure it could keep going up, but what exactly are we investing in ?

If you think you are investing in the business models (DAO's) that run on it, think again. As far as those are concerned the blockchains are interchangeable. What happens when a successful DAO decides it wants to move to the next latest and greatest platform - be it Tezos, Rootstock, Ether Classic, whatever ? No problem ! They just create new tokens on the competing chain and supply them on a 1 to 1 exchange basis for the 'old' ones.

Thats the problem with these smart contract chains. There's an airgap between the base token and the real value source.

That airgap isn't there with the monetary blockchains. If you own Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash, Monero, Dogue, Peercoin, Unobtanium, Jackpotcoin you own it because the coin itself has value. There ain't no replacing it with another chain because it ain't itself any more. Whereas with a DAO token, you can move it to another chain and it's STILL itself.

I therefore regard these smart contract tokens with extreme caution when it comes to holding them as store of value. Monetary tokens can keep going up forever. Smart contract tokens can have the value drained out of them one day by a competing technology and for it never to come back. Consider investing in electronic typewriters in the 1970's. You'd have made a lot of money as long as you got out at some point. But if you held till the end of the 80's you'd be broke. Meanwhile if you'd held precious metal throughout you'd be fine.

Therefore the general rule is:

Monetary Blockchain Tokens: Real Gold
Smart contract Blockchain Tokens: Fools Gold

Smart Contract blockchain tokens = the 'Electronic Typewriter Shares' of the 21st century Wink

good and clear explanation!

in the future people can pretty much creating token/coin/contract/dao on Ark platform and move or exchange their Eth token/contract there. Ark is just one of many better platform coming next and soon there will be many, ark with better scalability network, larger(current 200tps) and fast transactions.
i see Ark is cracking this code wide open.

hey ark people, is this pretty much sum up SmartBridge?

Excellent explanation but you'll have to pardon my ignorance:

Among the top 10 coins, which do you see as smart contract coins, versus monetary coins? And how does Ark fit in there?

i'm not ark expert or team so i don't know much about it sorry. token/smart contract platform at top 10 are eth, eth classic, and nem. also know any coin can have token/smart contract platform like rootstock  smart contract platform is for bitcoin. what these smart contracts platform don't have is Interoperability blockchains like Ark do.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
Play the ARK French Open Grand Slam Bracket Challenge to win some precious $ARK.

-tb-
Activity: 170
We're almost back to our all time high Cheesy

Where do you watch all time high ? It is at 14000 satoshi at Bittrex right now which isn't even the half price of all time high where it was being traded couple of weeks ago. I think you missed to check the trading history or messed up with information.

Don't forget that Bitcoin wasn't $2400+ at that time.

I'm talking about the USD high..that's most important to me and every other serious investor because we still buy most things in USD (or other fiat currency).

That's exactly what I meant, I was replying to pumz.

Ah yes, thanks - I was replying to him too but quoted you accidentally. Sorry about the confusion Smiley
Activity: 47
Merit: 0

Where do you watch all time high ? It is at 14000 satoshi at Bittrex right now which isn't even the half price of all time high where it was being traded couple of weeks ago. I think you missed to check the trading history or messed up with information.

I'm talking about the USD high..that's most important to me and every other serious investor because we still buy most things in USD (or other fiat currency).

That's exactly what I meant, I was replying to pumz.

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

Activity: 588
Merit: 251
EVOS
Now everything is growing so much, even for all time is not enough. I have been following the work of the team from the beginning. Hopefully in the future they will become great.
Activity: 826

Activity: 505
Activist Investor
Can I withdraw this to an Ethereum wallet or do I have to use the Ark client 

PM me, not checking
Activity: 176
https://twitter.com/HelioHash
ARK looks ready to fly like its cousin Lisk pretty soon Smiley

Looks like it's taking off already! 50% value increase over 2 days!! Smiley
I hope to buy on monday or tuesday, with bonus pay. please price stop increasing! Sad

Not going to happen Cheesy
Going back to 0.0003 and high
Activity: 90
Merit: 10

I hope to buy on monday or tuesday, with bonus pay. please price stop increasing! Sad
Activity: 399
Merit: 251

Activity: 68
Activity: 116
Quack.

I have some Ethereum but I see it as an extremely risky investment long term. Sure it could keep going up, but what exactly are we investing in ?

If you think you are investing in the business models (DAO's) that run on it, think again. As far as those are concerned the blockchains are interchangeable. What happens when a successful DAO decides it wants to move to the next latest and greatest platform - be it Tezos, Rootstock, Ether Classic, whatever ? No problem ! They just create new tokens on the competing chain and supply them on a 1 to 1 exchange basis for the 'old' ones.

Thats the problem with these smart contract chains. There's an airgap between the base token and the real value source.

That airgap isn't there with the monetary blockchains. If you own Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash, Monero, Dogue, Peercoin, Unobtanium, Jackpotcoin you own it because the coin itself has value. There ain't no replacing it with another chain because it ain't itself any more. Whereas with a DAO token, you can move it to another chain and it's STILL itself.

I therefore regard these smart contract tokens with extreme caution when it comes to holding them as store of value. Monetary tokens can keep going up forever. Smart contract tokens can have the value drained out of them one day by a competing technology and for it never to come back. Consider investing in electronic typewriters in the 1970's. You'd have made a lot of money as long as you got out at some point. But if you held till the end of the 80's you'd be broke. Meanwhile if you'd held precious metal throughout you'd be fine.

Smart Contract blockchain tokens = the 'Electronic Typewriter Shares' of the 21st century Wink

in the future people can pretty much creating token/coin/contract/dao on Ark platform and move or exchange their Eth token/contract there. Ark is just one of many better platform coming next and soon there will be many, ark with better scalability network, larger(current 200tps) and fast transactions.

Among the top 10 coins, which do you see as smart contract coins, versus monetary coins? And how does Ark fit in there?

yeah also curious... would be interesting to know!
Activity: 230

Jump to: