Author

Topic: ARK - DPoS 🔹 ARK Protokol 🔹 MarketSquare 🔹 IPFS 🔹 Staking on Binance 🔹 - page 250. (Read 781308 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
author=toknormal link=topic=1927772.msg19153779#msg19153779 date=1495530085]

I have some Ethereum but I see it as an extremely risky investment long term. Sure it could keep going up, but what exactly are we investing in ?

If you think you are investing in the business models (DAO's) that run on it, think again. As far as those are concerned the blockchains are interchangeable. What happens when a successful DAO decides it wants to move to the next latest and greatest platform - be it Tezos, Rootstock, Ether Classic, whatever ? No problem ! They just create new tokens on the competing chain and supply them on a 1 to 1 exchange basis for the 'old' ones.

Thats the problem with these smart contract chains. There's an airgap between the base token and the real value source.

That airgap isn't there with the monetary blockchains. If you own Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash, Monero, Dogue, Peercoin, Unobtanium, Jackpotcoin you own it because the coin itself has value. There ain't no replacing it with another chain because it ain't itself any more. Whereas with a DAO token, you can move it to another chain and it's STILL itself.

I therefore regard these smart contract tokens with extreme caution when it comes to holding them as store of value. Monetary tokens can keep going up forever. Smart contract tokens can have the value drained out of them one day by a competing technology and for it never to come back. Consider investing in electronic typewriters in the 1970's. You'd have made a lot of money as long as you got out at some point. But if you held till the end of the 80's you'd be broke. Meanwhile if you'd held precious metal throughout you'd be fine.

Therefore the general rule is:

Monetary Blockchain Tokens: Real Gold
Smart contract Blockchain Tokens: Fools Gold

Smart Contract blockchain tokens = the 'Electronic Typewriter Shares' of the 21st century Wink

good and clear explanation!

in the future people can pretty much creating token/coin/contract/dao on Ark platform and move or exchange their Eth token/contract there. Ark is just one of many better platform coming next and soon there will be many, ark with better scalability network, larger(current 200tps) and fast transactions.
i see Ark is cracking this code wide open.

hey ark people, is this pretty much sum up SmartBridge?
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
Hmm, ok, I'm just trying to be devil's advocate since there is so much optimism around here. I am actually fairly long myself and in a sense I'm trying to test my own thinking.

I assume many of us in this thread are long and like it higher. But we need to be self-critical and think about the "what-ifs." That's all I'm doing.

It seems Ark has been forgotten in the recent rally the last few days. Something interesting to think about at the very least.

Yeah, the big focus lately has been on ethereum and tokens. But the market volume is still good and Ark has held strong despite people selling off during the bitcoin rally to all time highs. We're still well above ICO price and even actuallly gained a bit of USD value and are not that far off from the all time high. I think Ark should rally as people look for cheaper but great platforms.. Ethereum is great and I see a good long term future, but for the short term I think its price is quite high.
Activity: 230
Hmm, ok, I'm just trying to be devil's advocate since there is so much optimism around here. I am actually fairly long myself and in a sense I'm trying to test my own thinking.

I assume many of us in this thread are long and like it higher. But we need to be self-critical and think about the "what-ifs." That's all I'm doing.

It seems Ark has been forgotten in the recent rally the last few days. Something interesting to think about at the very least.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Do we really think this project can rally?

The main draws are 1) a focus on consumer adoption and 2) bridging blockchains. 2) requires the cooperation of the development teams for the other chains, correct? Isn't it unlikely that Bitcoin and Ethereum would modify their code for Ark?

No "code" needs to be modified and, yes we really do think this project can "rally"
Activity: 933
Merit: 500
Ark doesn't need the cooperation of other dev teams because they can do it through encoded listeners as well.

The main draws are 1) a focus on consumer adoption and 2) bridging blockchains. 2) requires the cooperation of the development teams for the other chains, correct? Isn't it unlikely that Bitcoin and Ethereum would modify their code for Ark?

Activity: 230

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Quack.
I watch this thread daily and i'm watching it becomes a great one !

Price is still low IMO .

It is still low indeed. But wait until people get to know ARK better. It will sky rocket!!

yeah for sure. ark at least has some unique to offer. so as long ark team delivers (and sure they will) we will see the price go up.

easy as that.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I watch this thread daily and i'm watching it becomes a great one !

Price is still low IMO .

It is still low indeed. But wait until people get to know ARK better. It will sky rocket!!
Activity: 117
Merit: 30
I'm new to Altcoins and have decided to invest in some ARK.

Looks like a great project and hoping it gets bigger in the long-run Smiley

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
delegate anamix again does not pay his supporters in time. or at all, since 9 days. and now he's offline for 4 days. maybe take him out of ark profit calculator?

ye i removed vote for 2 wallets, no answer and no pay wtf .. also hes very unactive..i voted for ravelou now
Activity: 47
delegate anamix again does not pay his supporters in time. or at all, since 9 days. and now he's offline for 4 days. maybe take him out of ark profit calculator?

We should remove our votes.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Activity: 1806
Merit: 515

Another ARK Slack community milestone - we just got our 2,000th member! Aren't you a part of the family yet?

Join now: https://ark.io/slack

And as always - thank you for being part of the best community - we couldn't have done it without you!
Activity: 126
ARK's worst performance in the bull market has been on the decline.
Activity: 206
research > buy on dip > and HODL

ARK is happy to fully endorse community run fund that has just commenced, as such we have made an initial "injection" to get this fund started with 25,000 ARK donation. If you have some idea, project you'd like to develop on ARK - look no further. Thanks to all of the ARK community for starting such awesome projects!

Read more and how you can get funding or help fund projects: https://blog.ark.io/ark-community-fund-acf-has-commenced-84e67ec9a1fa

someday this will be great, especially if it can be directed to support various community projects and can expand widely such as indiegogo, kickstarter, envato, etc  Grin

Perhaps from one of the existing projects can be directed as well as airbnb where the community can also be involved, even if only to rent a homestay or in developing and promoting potential tourist destinations in his country or residence. Maybe fellow members of the community can work together to develop a cheap travel/tour package and cheap money changer in each country, and maybe we can use  Ark as a method of payment for each other, as we know the cost would be very cheap if we use ARK for currency exchange  between countries rather than using fiat currency

Just a sample reference running in my country in bali, while applicable for bitcoin  = http://bitislands.com/merchant

I am sure with simple name of ARK and with its user friendly features, everyone around the world may later be easy to engage as an ARK user
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
I think charts are due for trend reversal next week, I predict 15-18k sat by Friday  Wink

It's still early for the next stage of growth. There will be more than one day when the price will go in a narrow corridor

The problem is how much is left in the fund for their development.

uhhh we got a shit ton of bitcoin and lisk for development.  we have enough bitcoin to last us 2 years at least and then we still have 3 million lisk + 10 million ARK for a second crowd funding round in the future.  Sum of all 3 assets is around 5 million dollars usd counter value.   So yeah, we have funding and like always, some good stuff coming soon.

https://explorer.lisk.4miners.net/address/9569486828221897676L

https://blockchain.info/address/356xnT1xFW89d4jSBww7QSiTELnuePLknW
Activity: 714
Merit: 266
I think charts are due for trend reversal next week, I predict 15-18k sat by Friday  Wink

It's still early for the next stage of growth. There will be more than one day when the price will go in a narrow corridor

The problem is how much is left in the fund for their development.
Activity: 41
ARK is so ridiculously undervalued it.

This one is a no brainer.

can you expand on this? why do you think it's undervalued and how high can it go?
Activity: 1050
Merit: 604
ARK is so ridiculously undervalued it.

This one is a no brainer.

Activity: 361
Merit: 250
I think charts are due for trend reversal next week, I predict 15-18k sat by Friday  Wink

Jump to: