Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory 0.96 is out - page 14. (Read 13792 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
May 02, 2017, 12:36:17 PM
I update from bitcoin-core-0.14.0 and armory 0.95.1 to 0.14.1 and 0.96.

I'm getting this:
Code:
$ armory
/home/user
(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.py:3747 - Unsupported language  specified. Defaulting to English (en)
/usr/local/lib/armory/armoryengine/Transaction.py:2790: SyntaxWarning: import * only allowed at module level
  def PyCreateAndSignTx_old(srcTxOuts, dstAddrsVals):
"sni-qt/26446" WARN  16:33:30.549 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE
(WARNING) SDM.py:396 - Spawning DB with command:ArmoryDB --db-type="DB_FULL" --cookie --satoshi-datadir="/home/user/.bitcoin/blocks" --datadir="/home/user/.armory/" --dbdir="/home/user/.armory/databases"
-ERROR - 1493735610: (SwigClient.cpp:61) can't connect socket

And it remains stuck in "Preparing Databases".

Edit:
I had to close armory gui and to kill ArmoryDB and bitcoind, I did it few times and now it seems to be working. It's scanning transaction history now...
Will it take too long?

@johnlu:
I think there is some kind of issue with the GUI when starting armory 0.96 the first time after upgrading. To solve this you actually just have to close armory normally after armorydb has fully loaded and restart it again. Afterwards everything should just work fine. ;-)

Goatpig, Achow101, Droark and others, you should really have a donation address so that we can at least buy you a few beers for your hard work, much appreciated.

goatpig suggested that he might do it after this release, and he definitely deserves it, now that Armory is in such good shape. goatpig?

@goatpig:
I have to fully agree. For that top notch software you would definatly deserve donations. I'm pretty sure a lot of users are willing to donate! :-)
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
May 02, 2017, 10:49:49 AM
It's scanning transaction history now...
Will it take too long?

Depends on your hardware
Activity: 471
Merit: 252
May 02, 2017, 10:40:05 AM
I update from bitcoin-core-0.14.0 and armory 0.95.1 to 0.14.1 and 0.96.

I'm getting this:
Code:
$ armory
/home/user
(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.py:3747 - Unsupported language  specified. Defaulting to English (en)
/usr/local/lib/armory/armoryengine/Transaction.py:2790: SyntaxWarning: import * only allowed at module level
  def PyCreateAndSignTx_old(srcTxOuts, dstAddrsVals):
"sni-qt/26446" WARN  16:33:30.549 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE
(WARNING) SDM.py:396 - Spawning DB with command:ArmoryDB --db-type="DB_FULL" --cookie --satoshi-datadir="/home/user/.bitcoin/blocks" --datadir="/home/user/.armory/" --dbdir="/home/user/.armory/databases"
-ERROR - 1493735610: (SwigClient.cpp:61) can't connect socket

And it remains stuck in "Preparing Databases".

Edit:
I had to close armory gui and to kill ArmoryDB and bitcoind, I did it few times and now it seems to be working. It's scanning transaction history now...
Will it take too long?
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
May 02, 2017, 08:05:37 AM
Goatpig, Achow101, Droark and others, you should really have a donation address so that we can at least buy you a few beers for your hard work, much appreciated.

goatpig suggested that he might do it after this release, and he definitely deserves it, now that Armory is in such good shape. goatpig?
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
May 02, 2017, 06:13:49 AM
Looks good. No issues with 0.14.1 so far.

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
May 02, 2017, 04:12:42 AM
Thanks! Works great again!
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
May 02, 2017, 12:02:09 AM
  • It looks like you're slowly getting rid of Python and moving to C++ only. Is this true?
I think the plan is to have all of the backend, crypto, and computationally intensive stuff in C++ and have all of the frontend GUI stuff as python.

• How do you recommend we upgrade to the new wallet format, including for our wallet file backups? (I prefer to backup wallet files and memorize password.) Should I just launch Armory 0.96 to update it automatically and export the wallet file from there?
Nothing needs to be done to upgrade. The current python wallet format is still the primary format. The C++ watching only wallet will be created automatically and automatically mirror the current python wallets.

• Are you expecting more wallet file updates in future versions?
Definitely. The goal is to eventually move to the C++ wallet format which is supposed to be built from scratch so that multisig, compressed keys, BIP 32, etc. can be properly supported instead of the current format which isn't really extensible.
pf
Activity: 176
Merit: 105
May 01, 2017, 11:40:24 PM
Excellent work. Thank you, goatpig.

• It looks like you're slowly getting rid of Python and moving to C++ only. Is this true?
  • How do you recommend we upgrade to the new wallet format, including for our wallet file backups? (I prefer to backup wallet files and memorize password.) Should I just launch Armory 0.96 to update it automatically and export the wallet file from there?
  • Are you expecting more wallet file updates in future versions?
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
May 01, 2017, 07:52:16 PM
woohoo!  Will download it now.

And it works with BTC Core 14.0!  This is the first time in over two months my Armory wallet has completely worked.

Thanks!!!
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
May 01, 2017, 06:59:35 PM
woohoo!  Will download it now.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
May 01, 2017, 05:35:25 PM
Binaries:

https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/releases/tag/v0.96

changelog

https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/blob/master/changelog.txt

Notable changes:

1) SegWit
2) RBF & CPFP
3) Translations
4) Compressed public keys
5) Reworked coin control and address tree UI
6) Fleshed out fee and privacy features

Better description on the webpage: https://btcarmory.com/0.96.0-release/

Notes:

Only putting out Windows x64 and Linux x64 builds atm. Offline bundles, RPi and OSX builds for 0.96.1, once I get rid of the twisted/openssl dependency. Eta 1-2 weeks.

achow101 for the support and translation PR, droark for the OSX support and the testers for helping tiddy things up.

Enjoy =)

Pages:
Jump to: