Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Auction: 10 Block Erupter Blades -ended- - page 14. (Read 102524 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Weighted companion cube
Activity: 475
Merit: 255
Also I am deleting my "troll-bid". I am here only to watch.

Sorry, cannot edit or delete in this thread (obviously). Embarrassed. If you OP can, feel free (but not asked) to do so. :-]
Activity: 475
Merit: 255
I have a simpler suggestion which would work without deposits. People biding would sign some message (perhaps the bid itsself) with bitcoin address with sufficient balance (and PM the address).
Also I am deleting my "troll-bid". I am here only to watch.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
why are you bidding btc worth more than 4000 EUR on a 10GH/s device? This is insane.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
@WiRED
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
1@50

And yes, I know this is below the 10 current high bids.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
2 @ 31

Yeah, it's a lowball offer - but I'm just helping provide a datapoint for 'price discovery'. 
Even at that price I feel it's an extravagant (for me) risk. 

In similar spirit, 1@ 35.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
2 @ 31

Yeah, it's a lowball offer - but I'm just helping provide a datapoint for 'price discovery'.  

What's the point of this bid when the lowest you can bid to win these is 61 BTC?

The point is what I stated above:
 'a datapoint for price discovery'
 - in other words - to help those in the business of selling these things, to note that not everyone who is in the market for mining gear (which I still potentially am, depending on offerings) will pay those prices.
I consider the risk of large amounts of hashing power coming online to make the prices of 60BTC way too risky. I may well be wrong of course.

The drawcard for this particular sale, and my guess why it's gone so high is that there is presumably quick shipment, but even then you have to weigh up the risks of problems in shipment, including taxation/holding by customs, breakages etc.

Please do not clog up the thread with such bids - I've deleted a couple of '1@0' and '[email protected]' when the bids were around 50-60...
Sorry John, I'll keep out - although there is much 'noise' in this thread that didn't seem to attract rebuke - and my post had a point (albeit misunderstood it seems).

But for the sake of curiosity - do you mean you don't want anyone to bid even a little under what the current offers are? Surely there are potentially a few cancellations?

You can bid slightly below the current offers (and that's why I didn't delete your post). I was deleting those obviously trolling bids like 1@0 or equivalent.

2 @ 31

What's the point of this bid when the lowest you can bid to win these is 61 BTC?
No idea on this. Please do not clog up the thread with such bids - I've deleted a couple of '1@0' and '[email protected]' when the bids were around 50-60...

PS: But please do not overdo this - and expect your bids to be ignored. If you have an existing bid at higher prices, you cannot effectively cancel it by rebidding lower.

0.1BTC tip to the dealer for keeping control of the table!

Expect it... as soon as Blockchain.info gets their shit back online so I can use my hot wallet.  

Thanks  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
2 @ 31

The point is what I stated above:
 'a datapoint for price discovery'
 - in other words - to help those in the business of selling these things, to note that not everyone who is in the market for mining gear (which I still potentially am, depending on offerings) will pay those prices.
I consider the risk of large amounts of hashing power coming online to make the prices of 60BTC way too risky. I may well be wrong of course.

The drawcard for this particular sale, and my guess why it's gone so high is that there is presumably quick shipment, but even then you have to weigh up the risks of problems in shipment, including taxation/holding by customs, breakages etc.

Please do not clog up the thread with such bids - I've deleted a couple of '1@0' and '[email protected]' when the bids were around 50-60...
Sorry John, I'll keep out - although there is much 'noise' in this thread that didn't seem to attract rebuke - and my post had a point (albeit misunderstood it seems).

But for the sake of curiosity - do you mean you don't want anyone to bid even a little under what the current offers are? Surely there are potentially a few cancellations?

donator
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
2 @ 31

No idea on this. Please do not clog up the thread with such bids - I've deleted a couple of '1@0' and '[email protected]' when the bids were around 50-60...

0.1BTC tip to the dealer for keeping control of the table!

Expect it... as soon as Blockchain.info gets their shit back online so I can use my hot wallet. 
legendary
2 @ 31

ar9
Activity: 352
2 @ 31

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
2 @ 31

legendary
Courtesy recap of potential winners:
delariaBTC70
alexukBTC65
marto74BTC62
BlackLilacBTC62
LainZBTC61
bajanboostBTC61
DerringerBTC61
DerringerBTC61
afro25BTC61
PinwheelBTC61

Time left:

Timer removed. End time: 2013-04-19+16:00:00
donator
Activity: 294
legendary
delariaBTC70
alexukBTC65
marto74BTC62
LainZBTC61
bajanboostBTC61
DerringerBTC61
DerringerBTC61
afro25BTC61
PinwheelBTC61
PinwheelBTC61

Time left:

Timer removed. End time: 2013-04-19+16:00:00
Activity: 378
legendary
Hey, this is BTCitcoin.

If there's a need to prove that you are a legit bidder, issue all bidders a random 3 or 4 digit number by PM. That number of Satoshis must be sent to friedcat from an address having enough BTCitcoin to satisfy the bid. That will confirm availability of funds. If the funds aren't there, reject the bid.

Bidding can remain public while bid confirmation can be private.

Bidders at high price auctions are usually required to prove they are legitimate, often with a bank letter, but sometimes with a deposit.

I'm actually surprised this hasn't become the norm here yet.

A couple of auctions here last time required deposits just in case the bidders were joybidders. I'd let this go for the moment as friedcat didn't think about this before, but anyone who tries joybidding will be posted to the Scammer accusation subforum at the very least now.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Bitcoin: money chosen by the market.
Hey, this is BTCitcoin.

If there's a need to prove that you are a legit bidder, issue all bidders a random 3 or 4 digit number by PM. That number of Satoshis must be sent to friedcat from an address having enough BTCitcoin to satisfy the bid. That will confirm availability of funds. If the funds aren't there, reject the bid.

Bidding can remain public while bid confirmation can be private.

Bidders at high price auctions are usually required to prove they are legitimate, often with a bank letter, but sometimes with a deposit.

I'm actually surprised this hasn't become the norm here yet.
legendary
Yeah, a deposit would a good way to solve this - but the auction is already on. Please note that I will be deleting thread-crapping posts or obviously trolling bids to keep this thread on track. Anyhow, I am sure that yochdog for one will honor his bids, thus effectively placing the auction at a minimum of 10@60. There's still no reason to doubt other bids though - there's still a long time to go for the auction to end.

delariaBTC70
alexukBTC65
marto74BTC62
LainZBTC61
bajanboostBTC61
DerringerBTC61
DerringerBTC61
afro25BTC61
bitsalameBTC60
yochdogBTC60

Time left: