Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Auction: 10 Block Erupter Blades -ended- - page 16. (Read 102526 times)

ar9
Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Also, larger units SHOULD be priced less, because smaller units are easier to move and sell.

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin Awesome logic! LOL

Well that's the same logic BFL is using in pricing their product too, smaller units are priced higher in terms of $/GH

This is pretty much status quo amongst any manufacturer...
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

Also, larger units SHOULD be priced less, because smaller units are easier to move and sell.

Well that's the same logic BFL is using in pricing their product too, smaller units are priced higher in terms of $/GH
Activity: 308
Merit: 102

legendary

I am selling my Avalong batch 1 unit (70GH/s): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-avalon-asic-batch-1-currently-on-hand-immediate-availability-178635

If people are bidding BTC60+ for 10GH/s unit, Avalon would be BTC420+.  Mine is currently at $30k which is roughly equivalent to BTC333 ($30k / 90 at current rate).  Granted, you would have to pick mine up locally, but if you are in the area, it's a bargain! Smiley

How did you figure? this is a 10GH/s unit, overclockable to 12GH/s, this is a 20% overclock. From what I've seen avalons are only 5% overclockable at most, before you run into hardware errors.

Also, first batch avalons are all 60GH units, no? so at 60, the avalon should be 360?? no?

legendary

I am selling my Avalong batch 1 unit (70GH/s): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-avalon-asic-batch-1-currently-on-hand-immediate-availability-178635

If people are bidding BTC60+ for 10GH/s unit, Avalon would be BTC420+.  Mine is currently at $30k which is roughly equivalent to BTC333 ($30k / 90 at current rate).  Granted, you would have to pick mine up locally, but if you are in the area, it's a bargain! Smiley

How did you figure? this is a 10GH/s unit, overclockable to 12GH/s, this is a 20% overclock. From what I've seen avalons are only 5% overclockable at most, before you run into hardware errors.

Also, first batch avalons are all 60GH units, no? so at 60, the avalon should be 360?? no?
Activity: 308
Merit: 102

Yes, I agree, your auction should have been sold in a heartbeat - if not, it raises some serious question about this auction, unfortunately.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
www.bitcoingem.com
Not pointing fingers at anyone but I think this bidding system can be run up by new accounts.

Not much of an advantage unless friedcat is the one doing it, which I doubt.

Exactly, I doubt any manipulation is going on.  People just really want his asic
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

Nice one Smiley
legendary
BTC60 is still cheap, considering this guy is selling 9.6GH in 12 fpga boards, that is cost 850W of electricity to run, for BTC7x12=BTC84

the ASICMiner does 12GH, cost 86W in electric, and is currently cheaper at BTC60

sorry, link here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--156709
legendary
BTC60 is still cheap, considering this guy is selling 9.6GH in 12 fpga boards, that is cost 850W of electricity to run, for BTC7x12=BTC84

the ASICMiner does 12GH, cost 86W in electric, and is currently cheaper at BTC60
vip
Activity: 198
Merit: 101
Not pointing fingers at anyone but I think this bidding system can be run up by new accounts.

Not much of an advantage unless friedcat is the one doing it, which I doubt.
Activity: 317
Merit: 1012
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I like the automotive-style blade fuse.  Red fuse == 10A.

Blade fuse, blade board... needs an old-fashioned knife switch, to keep up with the "cutting edge" theme.  Wink

Okay, I'll stop with the hurricane of puns.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
I like the automotive-style blade fuse.  Red fuse == 10A.
Activity: 236
www.bitcoingem.com
2 @ 61.  I have to hedge my bets, since the butterflies haven't left the chrysalis.

And may never..
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
150 days to b/e if you don't count electricity.

At current difficulty? That's too long, because the difficulty is not going down.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
2 @ 61.  I have to hedge my bets, since the butterflies haven't left the chrysalis.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
150 days to b/e if you don't count electricity.
Activity: 154
Well that escalated quickly
Pages:
Jump to: