Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Auction: 10 Block Erupter Blades -ended- - page 2. (Read 102519 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Hey, my first ASIC mining rig is up an running! Two blades working stable at 9.5-10.5 GH/S each! Cheesy
I had to set up a stratum server to get the full hashrate (thanks to slush for his work!).
A big THANK YOU! to friedcat and all the other people involved in this, also for providing the User Tips. Didn't have that document before.

One question remains: What's the clock switching for? If I switch the clock to "high", the power consumption increases by about 15W, but the board stops working (hashrate displayed on the pool website goes down). After 2-3 minutes, it resets itself and starts up with low clock. If I save the high clock settings, it starts up with high clock, doesn't work and restarts after a few minutes.

Strange that the other guys claim 13GH without overclocking. Is this because of differences in calculating the hashrate or other reasons?
vip
Activity: 198
Merit: 101
All up and running on btcguild at about 11GH/s! Thank you Bitfountain!
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Hey, my first ASIC mining rig is up an running! Two blades working stable at 9.5-10.5 GH/S each! Cheesy
I had to set up a stratum server to get the full hashrate (thanks to slush for his work!).
A big THANK YOU! to friedcat and all the other people involved in this, also for providing the User Tips. Didn't have that document before.

One question remains: What's the clock switching for? If I switch the clock to "high", the power consumption increases by about 15W, but the board stops working (hashrate displayed on the pool website goes down). After 2-3 minutes, it resets itself and starts up with low clock. If I save the high clock settings, it starts up with high clock, doesn't work and restarts after a few minutes.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
So they do have mining software that supports it.
Onboard the blade. These are smart/ethernet ASICs, not USB ASICs.

I believe friedcat wrote that they already give out the small usb miners to buddies. So i guess they already have something to mine with it.
Activity: 23
Looks like a couple of happy campers, have fun mining!
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005
About the overclocking: I just found this:

Over-Voltage For overclocking, you will need to adjust the trimmers on the power module to increase the voltage output.

Would be happy for more information:
How much can you increase the voltage without damaging the board?
Regarding the proper cooling: what is considered as safe operating temperature?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light here!

Please check 4 and 5 in our user tip:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VMO3VfIBy3KIwUaaQ8XhKrSVEbXeeMEqsVhhk6Bz9io/edit?pli=1#

And we suggest using a non-metal screwdriver to avoid possible bad results of misoperation.

1.2V is what we use for overclocking. For many boards, if making it a little less it would still work, but 1.2 is a safe value.

Also, all eight lanes' output voltages needs to be adjusted more or less consistently, since the clocks from the oscillators are global over the whole board.
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005
first Blade just arrived and in production!

Thanks AsicMiner
Venice - Italy
Well please make it vertically placed if you could. The chips are packaged via QFN, but not all the heat are absorbed by the PCB. The back
side will also become hot.

And if you have no mechanical setting to lift it and have to lay it on the supporting table, please make sure that there are no heat isolation
material under it.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Friedcat,

What about those who were promised free sample boards?

His response:

As a miner I look forward to the product, BFL needs a serious competitor
The products for sale will not be very early. However, if approved by all my partners and
motion-passed by our shareholders,
we will be giving out a small batch of our first-generation
products to the community for free.

Interpretation: Are you willing to cut profits from dividends so a few folks get some free boards? If so, you better be able to convince his people and 51% of shareholders to do so.

You obviously missed this ...

Update

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The next part is about what will happen:

Sample boards to the community: this is at the 2nd order of our priority list following deploying. Once we have enough time it will be done immediately.

The next batch: Chips are arranged by the fab to arrive next month. With the former efforts on PCB design/service seeking of the first batch, the development time of the second batch of final products should be shorter than this one. With them to expand our farm, or sell them, or do both, are still in consideration.

About the overclocking: I just found this:

Over-Voltage For overclocking, you will need to adjust the trimmers on the power module to increase the voltage output.

Would be happy for more information:
How much can you increase the voltage without damaging the board?
Regarding the proper cooling: what is considered as safe operating temperature?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light here!
Cheesy You mean someone paid for an ASIC device and received it within a week of sending payment!? Bow down to the friedcat.

Yes, my blades arrived yesterday when I was not there. Just waiting for the second delivery attempt. I have ordered the PSU on Friday evening, the second I won the auction - and it's still on it's way. So the shipment of really special and hard-to-get hardware from Hongkong to Germany was faster than a inland delivery of a standard PSU. That's what I call good service... Wink

Has anyone made an attempt of overclocking the boards yet? I would appreciate any information, especially if it's worth the risk of waring out the hardware faster.
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
www.easyha.sh
first Blade just arrived and in production!

Thanks AsicMiner
Venice - Italy

Congratulations guys!! Christmas comes early this year!

I'm getting my blades by tomorrow, super fast shipping by friedcat!! Hat off!

still not sure what kind of power supply I will use. Can you please share details of your power supply.
Some close up picture of power connectors will be much appreciated.

Happy mining !

Hello,

we used a normal laptop PSU (12V 10A - 120W).
We cutted the edge of the connector, extracted the two cables (red +  and black - ) and connected like you can see in the picture to the connector in the board

You can also use anything like this (suggested by MacDschie)

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B008J1C2Q2/ref=ox_ya_os_product

without need to cut anything.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Onboard the blade. These are smart/ethernet ASICs, not USB ASICs.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
legendary
The samples are just the USB device, not the blade.
And do you really want to wait "many months from now" before any mining software supports your hardware? Wink
I'm sorry, explain to me how ASICMINER is mining without "any mining software".
The blades have their custom software.
The USB device (which isn't done yet AFAIK) requires a host system.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
"ASICs on time; Business done right." It should be ASICMiner's slogan.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
And do you really want to wait "many months from now" before any mining software supports your hardware? Wink

I'm sorry, explain to me how ASICMINER is mining without "any mining software".
legendary
TBH, if they do send out sample boards, they should only be sent out many months from now when the price/board is not 70btc.  You don't just give someone something worth $10,000, shareholder(or board member) or not.
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Friedcat,

TBH, if they do send out sample boards, they should only be sent out many months from now when the price/board is not 70btc.  You don't just give someone something worth $10,000, shareholder(or board member) or not.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001
I recommend block bids from these 3 post count bidders, they are high risk non-paying bidder since they have nothing to lose, also it gives impression of shill bidding to the other bidders. I suggest a minimum post count of 50 to be able to bid here.
Sigh, I'll probably ask friedcat to require deposit for users <50 posts or something equivalent in future auctions. I'm trying to prevent shill/joy bidding here too - guess the state auctions have yet be in such situations then.  Roll Eyes

I have a link to an auction in my signature.  That auction requires a bid to an address, and I return losing bids.  That doesn't really eliminate all joy-bids, but it does cut out the ones who could not possibly pay.

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Friedcat,

His response:

As a miner I look forward to the product, BFL needs a serious competitor
The products for sale will not be very early. However, if approved by all my partners and
motion-passed by our shareholders,
we will be giving out a small batch of our first-generation
products to the community for free.

Interpretation: Are you willing to cut profits from dividends so a few folks get some free boards? If so, you better be able to convince his people and 51% of shareholders to do so.
Pages:
Jump to: