Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Auction: 10 Block Erupter Blades -ended- - page 6. (Read 102519 times)

mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
I have clicked through on it and almost ALL the people in your signature DO BELIEVE in asics and you have linked to them making what have turned out to be EXACTLY correct predictions about the feasibility of certain liar's claims.

We are getting off-topic. Let's not derail this thread. PM me or open a new thread if you want to discuss.
mrb
legendary
kokojie: by the time the blades have shipped, cleared customs, and are online, difficulty will probably be 10M. From then, assuming a 35% month-to-month difficulty increase (which is conservative IMHO - it has increased 100% month-over-month in the last 2 months), and assuming it stops increasing after month 12 (which is unrealistic), and assuming free electricity (also unrealistic), the math gives:

Month 0 (10.0M diff): mined 16.45 BTC, total = 16.45 BTC
Month 1 (13.5M diff): mined 12.18 BTC, total = 28.63 BTC
Month 2 (18.2M diff): mined 9.02 BTC, total = 37.66 BTC
Month 3 (24.6M diff): mined 6.68 BTC, total = 44.34 BTC
Month 4 (33.2M diff): mined 4.95 BTC, total = 49.29 BTC
Month 5 (44.8M diff): mined 3.67 BTC, total = 52.96 BTC
Month 6 (60.5M diff): mined 2.72 BTC, total = 55.68 BTC
Month 7 (81.7M diff): mined 2.01 BTC, total = 57.69 BTC
Month 8 (110.3M diff): mined 1.49 BTC, total = 59.18 BTC
Month 9 (148.9M diff): mined 1.10 BTC, total = 60.28 BTC
Month 10 (201.1M diff): mined 0.82 BTC, total = 61.10 BTC
Month 11 (271.4M diff): mined 0.61 BTC, total = 61.71 BTC
Month 12 (366.4M diff): mined 0.45 BTC, total = 62.16 BTC
Month 13 (366.4M diff): mined 0.45 BTC, total = 62.61 BTC
Month 14 (366.4M diff): mined 0.45 BTC, total = 63.05 BTC
Month 15 (366.4M diff): mined 0.45 BTC, total = 63.50 BTC
Month 16 (366.4M diff): mined 0.45 BTC, total = 63.95 BTC
Month 17 (366.4M diff): mined 0.45 BTC, total = 64.40 BTC
Month 18 (366.4M diff): mined 0.45 BTC, total = 64.85 BTC
Month 19 (366.4M diff): mined 0.45 BTC, total = 65.30 BTC
Month 20 (366.4M diff): mined 0.45 BTC, total = 65.75 BTC
Month 21 (366.4M diff): mined 0.45 BTC, total = 66.20 BTC
Month 22 (366.4M diff): mined 0.45 BTC, total = 66.65 BTC
Month 23 (366.4M diff): mined 0.45 BTC, total = 67.09 BTC

...so buyers will not even mine the 75+ BTC they paid for. Consider also that my math is generous as it assumes the same difficulty throughout each month (when it will in fact increase every 2016 blocks). And consider that two years from now, there will be even power efficient ASICs, more intense mining competition, etc.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011
Be A Digital Miner
They'll break even in roughly 4-5 month, I don't think difficulty will go up by much, since BFL can't deliver shit until August the earliest.

Ludicrous. They will break even in 4-5 months only if the difficulty stays constant for the next 4-5 months! Suffice it to say, it is not going to stay constant...

Even discounting BFL, there are many other entities that will increase the hashrate:
- ASICMINER self-mining (12 Thash/s of blades manufactured, 50 Thash/s to be presumably deployed in the next month, and 200 Thash/s even later)
- ASICMINER future hardware sales (these 0.1 Thash/s of blades were just the beginning... like I said above, they manufactured 12 Thash/s of them so far and will build many more)
- Avalon ASIC batch #2 (40 Thash/s minimum)
- Avalon ASIC batch #3 (40 Thash/s minimum)
- Avalon OEM chip sales (anywhere from 10-100 Thash/s)
- 100th project (103 Thash/s of shares sold)

If you do the math, a month-to-month hashrate increase of 35% is sufficient to guarantee that the people who bought these blades will basically never make their coins back. They bought them (I hope) to selflessly support the network, and for historical reasons.
I agree with your statement above but your signature does not make sense.  I have clicked through on it and almost ALL the people in your signature DO BELIEVE in asics and you have linked to them making what have turned out to be EXACTLY correct predictions about the feasibility of certain liar's claims.
mrb
legendary
They'll break even in roughly 4-5 month, I don't think difficulty will go up by much, since BFL can't deliver shit until August the earliest.

Ludicrous. They will break even in 4-5 months only if the difficulty stays constant for the next 4-5 months! Suffice it to say, it is not going to stay constant...

Even discounting BFL, there are many other entities that will increase the hashrate:
- ASICMINER self-mining (12 Thash/s of blades manufactured, 50 Thash/s to be presumably deployed in the next month, and 200 Thash/s even later)
- ASICMINER future hardware sales (these 0.1 Thash/s of blades were just the beginning... like I said above, they manufactured 12 Thash/s of them so far and will build many more)
- Avalon ASIC batch #2 (40 Thash/s minimum)
- Avalon ASIC batch #3 (40 Thash/s minimum)
- Avalon OEM chip sales (anywhere from 10-100 Thash/s)
- 100th project (103 Thash/s of shares sold)

If you do the math, a month-to-month hashrate increase of 35% is sufficient to guarantee that the people who bought these blades will basically never make their coins back. They bought them (I hope) to selflessly support the network, and for historical reasons.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
I haven't done the math so I have no idea whether you made the best purchases in history or threw your money out the window.

Math takes all the fun out of gambling!   Cheesy
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
Congratulations to all the winners.  If you missed out and still want an ASIC, I have an Avalon batch 1 on-hand unit for sale at much lower price on per GH/s basis: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-avalon-asic-batch-1-currently-on-hand-immediate-availability-178635
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
About future auctions, from the official Asicminer thread, by friedcat:

We are getting ready for the arrival of our assembled blades. The development of USB-stick miners is actively on the way and heading to its sample batch. The series of the auction will last for several rounds and include the USB-stick miners in later rounds when they are out.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
A cool $84k in mining hardware just went through the ring  Smiley

Who said bitcoin is not backed by anything?  Wink
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
For the same $, you could have bought GPUs and had 13.5 GH!

electricity, heat, noise, space...

plus setting up the motherboards, cpu's, GPU's, RAM, powersuppiles.

Stacking the units into a sensible order

Not to mention the drivers + OS config, automation, then fine tuning.

Its quite alot of effort!

Activity: 557
Merit: 500
thanks, everyone. when is the next round...  Grin

Power supplies, memory, CPU, mobos.  Evidently this guy never had to babysit 20+ video cards...

Quoted the wrong person.  I really should pull over...

Power supplies, memory, CPU, mobos.  Evidently this guy never had to babysit 20+ video cards...
Almost 100k$ in sales... from 10 devices.  Unbelievable!  My butt hurts - I knew I shouldn't have tried bidding while driving.  Congrats, and hopefully auction #2 will be soon.
Activity: 378
Activity: 406

electricity, heat, noise, space...
Activity: 32
Merit: 0

Activity: 607
Congratulations to all winners. I haven't done the math so I have no idea whether you made the best purchases in history or threw your money out the window. Regardless, and if nothing else, I congratulate you on becoming part of history and for a job well done.

.b

you may double it  Smiley
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Winners have been forwarded to friedcat.  Wink

On the case issue:

Hi there,

Does anyone know where to order a case for the board(s), preferrably in Germany? It doesn't necessarily have to be the 19"-rack shown in one of the pictures. A case for 1-4 units would be great.

Thanks,
John
Hi John,

They are not closed cases, but open sub-racks used on closed racks or open shelves. We would not recommend any end-users to buy them at their current version. Thanks.

Best regards,

friedcat

Thanks for asking, I will build my own case then. That's more fun anyways Smiley

And thanks for hosting the auction, great job!
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
Congratulations
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
Congratulations to all winners. I haven't done the math so I have no idea whether you made the best purchases in history or threw your money out the window. Regardless, and if nothing else, I congratulate you on becoming part of history and for a job well done.

.b

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226
Away on an extended break
Thanks everyone for supporting this auction! Your names will go down in the Bitcoin-history.  Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: