Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Blade Sales [Temporarily Out of Stock] - page 2. (Read 105952 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Bring on lower prices and the new mini blade please Grin

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
For anyone that needs some mounting solutions I am offering mounts for the blade and fans here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/asicminer-block-eruptor-blade-fan-mounting-accessories-249693
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
You know Jalapenos are selling resale for $1500-2000 on ebay for 5.2-5.5gh/s and theres a mod to flash it up it to 8-9 gh/s. And that's because the jalas just hit the market. After another month or two the price will probably be closer to $1000-1200 as supply catches up.
If the mini blades aren't below 25BTC then it would be just as well to buy a Jalapeno, flash it and have 90% of a blade for half the price. Or wait a month and get 2 Jalas unflashed, for less.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Any news on the new models/stock?

New stock mid July. New models, unknown.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
If anyone wants to actually buy real, in hand hardware than PM me. Enough conjecture, enough preorders.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Surely he's going to let the stockholders buy first  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1064
Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency
nope...we are all waiting to jump the gun.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
legendary
Activity: 1036
DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Block Erupter Blade support for p2pool - Bounty
Current bounty: 5 BTC

I would like to make ASIC Block Erupter Blades 13GH/s working with p2pool. ASICs support for p2pool is very important for p2pool survival.
I am giving 5 BTC bounty for developer who will make them working on p2pool. Bounty will be paid to developer or split between group of developers who will contribute to solving the problem.
If you guys have BE Blades too, please let me know. I can arrange escrow via John K. (or I can collect funds directly, I am trusted forum member, please check my OTC), once we gather more funds maybe one of our developers will be interested to look closer to this problem.
I myself can donate my Blade worktime for a developer to make debug and testing, please let me know.
PM me if you a developer and you would like to get access to my BE Blade and to my Linux server for debug purposes. Please help:)
PM me if you a BE Blade user and you d'love to see your blades hashing on p2pool to - let's gather more BTC for our honest developers.

Updates to current bounty and progress here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1500-th-p2pool-decentralized-dos-resistant-hop-proof-pool-18313
Regards
Lenny
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
Some scammers are getting scammed themselves?

Sounds like the opposite of the greater fool...oh wait. Nevermind.

Being the lesser wise doesn't seem as bad, somehow   Wink
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
I personally wouldn't buy for anything more than 10BTC near the current rated hash rate of the blades.  Seems like the magic number to a lot of people.  If someone wants to spend 2-3x that, have at it.

Obviously many people do want such things, since 5 Gh/s Jalepenos - in hand - are catching bids at the equivalent of between 22 and 25 BTC on eBay.  Not many Avalons moving for 250 BTC though....
Probably because a few people have reigned in that parade. (Me included)

ASICMiners party buzzkill has finally shown up in much the same way.

(I personally won't wade around in the eBay swamp anymore after having been ripped off WAY too many times in the past.)
Well, as long as no one from here is doing the same to rip someone else off.

You may also want to buy mining rigs and sell them at a huge profit on eBay. That might also work.

This is actually a really bad idea.  Sellers are getting scammed on ebay with "significantly not as described" chargebacks and stolen credit cards.  Ebay is a great way to risk your entire investment to a scammer and put yourself at the whim and fancy of Paypal's subjective claims process.  No thanks.

Some scammers are getting scammed themselves?

Sounds like the opposite of the greater fool...oh wait. Nevermind.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
I'm fed up reading about free-market bollocks.

Look at the end of the day, a deal is not a deal unless both parties get something worthwhile out of it, and ASICminer's deals are so one sided it's untrue.

Any discount as prices are 'slashed' (lol) are mitigated as all future profits become ASICminers whether they keep them and mine them, or sell them for all the coins they could potentially be mined for.

Aside ASICminer, anyone currently thinking they are getting anything out of these deals sums up a lot of the behaviour and lack of due diligence I have seen on this forum. Close to none.

Still if you get an emotional thrill from being so submissive, who am I to stop you, it's clearly a warped fetish...

A deal is whatever 2 parties agree to deliver. There's no greater ideal of value required. The only time you truly get to decide if a deal is worthwhile is when you are a part of it.
That is some heavy dose of mega bullshit.

Could you please not take a crap in the pool?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkOVbvIbmLs
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
You may also want to buy mining rigs and sell them at a huge profit on eBay. That might also work.

This is actually a really bad idea.  Sellers are getting scammed on ebay with "significantly not as described" chargebacks and stolen credit cards.  Ebay is a great way to risk your entire investment to a scammer and put yourself at the whim and fancy of Paypal's subjective claims process.  No thanks.

PayPal does this as it's minimal risk to them, they just escrow the buyer's monies, they loose nothing this way, but still gain the cut of the buyer's fees. It's why sellers hate them. Buyer's still need to provide proof of re shipment as do sellers need to confirm they are happy with what they have received, though they get little choice.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
I personally wouldn't buy for anything more than 10BTC near the current rated hash rate of the blades.  Seems like the magic number to a lot of people.  If someone wants to spend 2-3x that, have at it.

Obviously many people do want such things, since 5 Gh/s Jalepenos - in hand - are catching bids at the equivalent of between 22 and 25 BTC on eBay.  Not many Avalons moving for 250 BTC though....

(I personally won't wade around in the eBay swamp anymore after having been ripped off WAY too many times in the past.)
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
ROI may not be a simple calculation of what you paid in BTC and how long to get your investment back in BTC. BTC is going to remain tied to fiat for some time and if all goes well it may reach a good fiat value in a few years. So, if you mine in a country where say, 4 BTCs pays all your living expenses for a month and you can save some BTCs for the long run then you may be able to make your fiat ROI although not your BTC ROI.  Right now it is a very risky investment and we should all be very aware of it. This is not like a gold mine like some may dream of. BTC mining is not for the faint of heart or those with high expectations. I expect many will lose a lot and exit very frustrated.

J/

Really can't understand this logic, never could and never will.

If you think bitcoin may be worth something in the future then just buy and hold it for the long run, do not pay 50BTC to get 10ishBTC "in the long run"!

Many people only buy and sell (see here: https://localbitcoins.com) and don't want anything to do with mining.

If you are into this then just buy and sell and you may be satisfied with it. It is very competitive and the current BTC price stagnation makes it harder to make a buck. I chose mining because I like it and it is more my style but the jury is still out whether it is profitable for the little guy at this point.

Like I mentioned before, if your living expenses are low in fiat then you may be OK. If you live somewhere expensive, high taxes, high costs of health ins, so on, like in the US, I believe you will be disappointed. In this case you can only make it work if it is something you do on the side and have a main source of income.

Someone once wrote that during the gold rush the people who made the most money were those selling pans and shovels. You may also want to buy mining rigs and sell them at a huge profit on eBay. That might also work.

J/
Activity: 85
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
ROI may not be a simple calculation of what you paid in BTC and how long to get your investment back in BTC. BTC is going to remain tied to fiat for some time and if all goes well it may reach a good fiat value in a few years. So, if you mine in a country where say, 4 BTCs pays all your living expenses for a month and you can save some BTCs for the long run then you may be able to make your fiat ROI although not your BTC ROI.  Right now it is a very risky investment and we should all be very aware of it. This is not like a gold mine like some may dream of. BTC mining is not for the faint of heart or those with high expectations. I expect many will lose a lot and exit very frustrated.

J/

Really can't understand this logic, never could and never will.

If you think bitcoin may be worth something in the future then just buy and hold it for the long run, do not pay 50BTC to get 10ishBTC "in the long run"!
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I'm fed up reading about free-market bollocks.

Look at the end of the day, a deal is not a deal unless both parties get something worthwhile out of it, and ASICminer's deals are so one sided it's untrue.

Any discount as prices are 'slashed' (lol) are mitigated as all future profits become ASICminers whether they keep them and mine them, or sell them for all the coins they could potentially be mined for.

Aside ASICminer, anyone currently thinking they are getting anything out of these deals sums up a lot of the behaviour and lack of due diligence I have seen on this forum. Close to none.

Still if you get an emotional thrill from being so submissive, who am I to stop you, it's clearly a warped fetish...

A deal is whatever 2 parties agree to deliver. There's no greater ideal of value required. The only time you truly get to decide if a deal is worthwhile is when you are a part of it.
Activity: 95

J/
Pages:
Jump to: