Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Blade Sales [Temporarily Out of Stock] - page 3. (Read 105952 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I'm fed up reading about free-market bollocks.

Look at the end of the day, a deal is not a deal unless both parties get something worthwhile out of it, and ASICminer's deals are so one sided it's untrue.

Any discount as prices are 'slashed' (lol) are mitigated as all future profits become ASICminers whether they keep them and mine them, or sell them for all the coins they could potentially be mined for.

Aside ASICminer, anyone currently thinking they are getting anything out of these deals sums up a lot of the behaviour and lack of due diligence I have seen on this forum. Close to none.

Still if you get an emotional thrill from being so submissive, who am I to stop you, it's clearly a warped fetish...
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Oh, my goodness. I have one of those. Good job I never filled it up!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
At 10 BTC, they would be worth buying right now. Anything more, a waste.
Possibly, possibly a little less than that.

Agreed, if he priced them at 9BTC he would sell A LOT of them, resellers would do big orders. But I have the gut feeling he will give it a try at 20/25BTC, maybe he prefers to sell 300 at 25BTC than 1,000 at 9BTC

I think the numbers you mean are 60,000 at 25BTC instead of 100,000 at 9BTC.    You do the math....

No, i dont mean those useless numbers. They didn't sell a thousand blades at 50BTC, they won't be selling 60,000 at 25BTC. And the correlation you made between demand at 25BTC and demand at 9BTC is ridiculous. 9BTC is a price ANY miner would pay. 25BTC is a price that would be paid only by i) someone that doesn't care about ROI, ii) someone clueless or iii) someone looking for the greater fool to which resell the blade.

And before spitting nonsense numbers like "60,000 or 100,000" blades sold you do the math about what would that represent in terms of network hash rate and maybe you will realize how far from the reality are those numbers.

The point was simply to show that I can also pull numbers out of my ass  - numbers that compute differently than the numbers you pull out of yours.  Until you have insider information about ASCIMiner's sales numbers and profit margins - and we find out what the new pricing is - anything and everything is just speculation, nothing more.  Your made up numbers don't prove anything different than mine do.  

ASCIMiner/FriedCat is not stupid - he knows what he's doing and works to maximize his own profit - whether or not buyers can make some ROI isn't relevant from his end.

Sales numbers are not so difficult to figure out, this is a super small market and network hash rate is a pretty good indicator. You know for sure they are in the order of thousands.

Still selling the blades at a price that allows ROI would at least three-fold the demand for those (actually much more IMO), so my example is still valid. The point here is simply that for ASICMiner ATM is more profitable to have a limited supply of hardware sold at a high prize while they maximize their mining profits.
Activity: 532
You know, if the temperature of the pool bothers you, instead of bitching about it, you could just get out of the water...  Smiley
No thanks, I just tell the pool owner there is something wrong with the pool.

Then comment on it when getting into the pool so that innocent bystanders can all agree there is something wrong at this pool.

It is "change" in action!  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
You know, if the temperature of the pool bothers you, instead of bitching about it, you could just get out of the water...  Smiley
No thanks, I just tell the pool owner there is something wrong with the pool.

Then comment on it when getting into the pool so that innocent bystanders can all agree there is something wrong at this pool.

It is "change" in action!  Grin
Activity: 427
Merit: 100
You know, if the temperature of the pool bothers you, instead of bitching about it, you could just get out of the water...  Smiley

This.  +1000
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
You know, if the temperature of the pool bothers you, instead of bitching about it, you could just get out of the water...  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

Agreed, if he priced them at 9BTC he would sell A LOT of them, resellers would do big orders. But I have the gut feeling he will give it a try at 20/25BTC, maybe he prefers to sell 300 at 25BTC than 1,000 at 9BTC

I think the numbers you mean are 60,000 at 25BTC instead of 100,000 at 9BTC.    You do the math....

No, i dont mean those useless numbers. They didn't sell a thousand blades at 50BTC, they won't be selling 60,000 at 25BTC. And the correlation you made between demand at 25BTC and demand at 9BTC is ridiculous. 9BTC is a price ANY miner would pay. 25BTC is a price that would be paid only by i) someone that doesn't care about ROI, ii) someone clueless or iii) someone looking for the greater fool to which resell the blade.

And before spitting nonsense numbers like "60,000 or 100,000" blades sold you do the math about what would that represent in terms of network hash rate and maybe you will realize how far from the reality are those numbers.

The point was simply to show that I can also pull numbers out of my ass  - numbers that compute differently than the numbers you pull out of yours.  Until you have insider information about ASCIMiner's sales numbers and profit margins - and we find out what the new pricing is - anything and everything is just speculation, nothing more.  Your made up numbers don't prove anything different than mine do.  

ASCIMiner/FriedCat is not stupid - he knows what he's doing and works to maximize his own profit - whether or not buyers can make some ROI isn't relevant from his end.

Activity: 672
I bet the new boards will be PCIe and cost 10btc

that be nice
Activity: 518
I bet the new boards will be PCIe and cost 10btc
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
A lot of funny people here LOL!!! I want to dive into the fun! Why don't we start betting?

I bet the new blades will go for ~ 35BTCs, with hashing slightly improved to 15Gh/s and a little better relative power consumption.
How's that for ma ass, y'all?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
and why?
obv less is better
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
1 month ROI is the key for everything

In which reality ? This is not traditionally how investments work.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
10 is the correct price, equal to 1 month ROI
1 month ROI is the key for everything
Activity: 574
Merit: 501

Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Aren't you all forgetting a "little" detail in all of this price calculation? Asicminer mine! They sell shares of their mining. The devil is in the details...
Up to you now to connect the dots.

This is called conflict of interest, that is why their hardware will never ROI.

No, it's called smart business.

Never said what they are doing isn't smart. Just don't expect ROI if you are mining with their equipment.
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
Aren't you all forgetting a "little" detail in all of this price calculation? Asicminer mine! They sell shares of their mining. The devil is in the details...

No, it's called smart business.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

Activity: 742
Right, but if they sell too much ASIC mining hardware, they will cut into their own mining revenue. That alone is enough for them to keep the price of blades high.

Actually it is the complete opposite.  Why would ASICminer brother with the logistic (setup, pay for power/space/maintenance) to mine themselves if they can receive instant 1-2 years worth of bitcoin mining profit from people who can't do or don't care about math?  In another words, why would anybody in their right mind turn down collecting 1-2 years worth of salary in advance today?  Especially when you tells them in 1-2 years you will either be out of a job or your salary will be 1% of what you will be earning today for doing the same task (The current generation of ASIC useful life ends when difficulty increase 100 times in 1-2 years)?

Most normal manufacturers would price items to maximize the profit associated with selling the product. My point was that ASICMiner has zero incentive to price blades low enough that they sell like hotcakes because bulk sales would cut into their mining revenue too much.

For example, I suspect that ASICMiner would sell a lot more blades (and make more total profit) at 10 BTC than they would at 25 BTC, but they will likely price them at 25 BTC and simply sell less of them.
Pages:
Jump to: