Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It - page 10. (Read 3916324 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Multiple product failures so he decided to cut and run. Not sure why anyone would even consider some other possibility.

I mean it really can't be that hard for shareholders in china to investigate this, isn't it? Check out his wife, his employers and all. And surely you will get your own image of everything. Alone that fact that we "believe" that the story about his wife is only an invention is stupid somehow. Nobody can check it? Really? That sounds unbelieveable.

If i would have been heavily invested AND still had enough money to do it, i surely would fly there for a month and check everything out. That this didn't happen is puzzling me... really. Nothing but mist clouds in this case.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Multiple product failures so he decided to cut and run. Not sure why anyone would even consider some other possibility.
legendary
How do we know his wife, out of curiosity?

I think this Amhash guy talked about this ,,friedcat left without contacting his wife etc''. Bullshit. I think it was a planned exit. That yould explain the  pics of the former abandoned office of asciminer, too.
The office got cleared and not a single person knows where friedcat moved exaclty? Srly?

Weren't the offices abandoned because the employees didn't get their payment anymore and nobody knew where friedcat was and nobody had seen him?

This is really way too strange. I don't understand why there are no big shareholders investigating. I mean there should be a lot chines shareholders. They could speak with every former employee and collect all info. Then find out what might have happened.
legendary
Activity: 2459
Merit: 1057
Don't use bitcoin.de if you care about privacy!

I think this Amhash guy talked about this ,,friedcat left without contacting his wife etc''. Bullshit. I think it was a planned exit. That yould explain the  pics of the former abandoned office of asciminer, too.
The office got cleared and not a single person knows where friedcat moved exaclty? Srly?
Activity: 129
Merit: 1
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
In my opinion it was unevitable that this amount of money was attracting the attention of the organized crimes. Tryads in china maybe. I mean why rob a bank for a measly 5k USD, with all the risk included, when you only need to rob a cat and fry it to get what... millions?

*Triad (though I heard it was Mongolian pirates)
Yes, Triad is exactly right! Just like TF and Ukyo and all the rest of the great bitcoin financiers, who gave their lives so that others may live.
NeoBee Danny too, those Triads threatened his daughter, if I remember right.
Organized krymes Angry They just ain't got no scruples!

Well NotLambChop, we know that these others didn't vanish so strange like friedcat vanished. Most of them are known to be alive. But friedcat was gone in an instant, even letting his wife behind. Well, you can't say if he loved his wife but his wife called the police, so she might have loved him.

I think the vanishing of friedcat is a different level of mystery. Sure, it can be that he vanished on his own. But i simply see it unlikely that organized crime would have overseen such a low risk target. Only because we didn't really see things like that happen before doesn't mean that it is unlikely.

Friedcat vanished 'in an instant'? News to me. He posted last when, last Jan? Claims of his heartbroken wife calling the police are as credible as Danny's tales of daughter being threatened, Ukyo's gag order, and Mongolian Pirates catching up to friedcat for stealing electricity from a government sausage factory.
Hilarious? Sure. Verifiable? No.

Not saying that organized crime wasn't involved, that all depends on how you define 'organized crime,' just that it wasn't involved in the way you think.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
In my opinion it was unevitable that this amount of money was attracting the attention of the organized crimes. Tryads in china maybe. I mean why rob a bank for a measly 5k USD, with all the risk included, when you only need to rob a cat and fry it to get what... millions?

Yes, Triad is exactly right! Just like TF and Ukyo and all the rest of the great bitcoin financiers, who gave their lives so that others may live.

Well NotLambChop, we know that these others didn't vanish so strange like friedcat vanished. Most of them are known to be alive. But friedcat was gone in an instant, even letting his wife behind. Well, you can't say if he loved his wife but his wife called the police, so she might have loved him.

I think the vanishing of friedcat is a different level of mystery. Sure, it can be that he vanished on his own. But i simply see it unlikely that organized crime would have overseen such a low risk target. Only because we didn't really see things like that happen before doesn't mean that it is unlikely.

I assume that organized crime in China must be some scary crap if he had to leave everything behind, that said it is a mystery since I can't remember if we have his name or even know what happened to him afterwards, speaking of Neobee that is another asset that had a lot of PR then bam next day its gone.
(In other words sketch) he-he remembers Smidge man that was a failure trying to invest on all havelock assets till they went to nil lol.
legendary

legendary
I kind of lost track of the "have you seen this cat?" bit, the trolling was ridiculous and the competition was hotting up and coming out with all kinds of extravagant claims so I thought it was better if they either backed off and looked for another direction or held off altogether while the rat race cut each other down.

It's a shame they didn't hold off on the dividends when things where at their peak to have a big stash to take things to the next level but it would likely have got eaten through regardless of how big it was. Hope they're all doing well wherever they are, you'd never know it from looking through most of the thread but this was the turning point where Bitcoin became too big to kill Smiley

I don't think holding off dividens would have been a help for asicminer. They never had too few money. They were really rich so that holding back was not necessary nor would it have changed something.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

legendary
Weak hands...

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

It would need balls of steel to still believe that friedcat is on a business decision to work "officially" in silent afterwards and buy back all of his companies shares for pennies, claiming he worked on the next big hit only.

In practice still holding would be nuts when thinking this will end well. Holding because the shares are nothing worth anyway anymore is a different thing.

+1, many of us said "all the way to zero" and it wasn't just talk. Its a shame a lot got burned with speculative trading but the IPO was a huge success.

And friedcat was one of the rare occassions of a businessman that really could make a thing work. Though one could wonder if it was luck only since it seems only the first asic was a real success.

And for sure you have to criticise that he held the only keys to the riches of the company. That was stupid.

legendary
Weak hands...

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

It would need balls of steel to still believe that friedcat is on a business decision to work "officially" in silent afterwards and buy back all of his companies shares for pennies, claiming he worked on the next big hit only.

In practice still holding would be nuts when thinking this will end well. Holding because the shares are nothing worth anyway anymore is a different thing.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Inspired
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Haven't checked in for a while... still no word on the friedcat?

Inserts the sound of Fried Crickets
Just ghosts in here dhenson

Lol speaking of memory lane Remember this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=235763.5320
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Haven't checked in for a while... still no word on the friedcat?
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
I remember investing with these guys on Bitfunder (I think it was called that.. it was years ago).

I remember owning like 30 shares when they hit 5 BTC a piece.  Decided to hold on to them until the end.

A bit of a regrettable decision.  I hold less BTC now than I did when I was investing in stupid securities.
Sad to think where I'd be if I hadn't been scammed years ago.
It's tough to forget and move on, I did get out well before before this mess happened but I do regret not cashing out at 5 btc a share, I figured the divs would continue to be decent for several more months. Of course it didn't work out that way.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Reality is not a popularity contest.

"People" need to learn that refusing to listen 'Because Offended' is not an acceptable practice, and has consequences.

Was the pleasure they got from Ignoring\castigating crumbs worth all the BTC they lost?   Cheesy

iCEBREAKER proves that he is a retard once more. Hey idiot the first ones to invest into AM got a ROI of 6x the amount they invested ONLY in form of dividends. If they had ignored crumbs they would have less money than they have now. So yes please vomit more from your ass-mouth! We are open 24/7 here!

Did Mr. crumbs make any statements regarding ASICMiner prior to said virtual shares being virtually offered by the virtually Panamanian virtual securities exchange known as Havelock Investments, "operated by a group of licensed professionals which include:

International Corporate Lawyers
    Investment Advisors
    Certified Accountants
    Licensed Brokers
    Analysts
    IT Security Experts
    Bitcoin entrepreneurs that have been involved in the Bitcoin economy since 2010."
Huh

I'm having a hard time finding such. Links?

So much anger, such rage...
Undecided

The hilarious anger and impotent rage make ChoadStress worth trolling.

Everyone else has to pay for sig space.  I gave him so much perma-butt-burn he gives it to me for free.   Cool
Activity: 379
Merit: 100
I remember investing with these guys on Bitfunder (I think it was called that.. it was years ago).

I remember owning like 30 shares when they hit 5 BTC a piece.  Decided to hold on to them until the end.

A bit of a regrettable decision.  I hold less BTC now than I did when I was investing in stupid securities.
Sad to think where I'd be if I hadn't been scammed years ago.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
Reality is not a popularity contest.

"People" need to learn that refusing to listen 'Because Offended' is not an acceptable practice, and has consequences.

Was the pleasure they got from Ignoring\castigating crumbs worth all the BTC they lost?   Cheesy

iCEBREAKER proves that he is a retard once more. Hey idiot the first ones to invest into AM got a ROI of 6x the amount they invested ONLY in form of dividends. If they had ignored crumbs they would have less money than they have now. So yes please vomit more from your ass-mouth! We are open 24/7 here!
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
just because one asshole was right about one thing doesn't mean that we need to listen to assholes all the time just in case they'll be right again.

Yes it does, if you value keeping an open mind.

The paradigm of 'it's not enough to be right, you also have to be nice about it' is at odds with enlightenment values.

Ignoring important information 'Because Offended' is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Edit:

Great minds thinking alike...

...or fools seldom differing?

When the "information" is merely opinion; baseless, non-factual and unimportant speculation with no supporting evidence presented by an asshat, it should be ignored forthwith so as not to waste more of your precious time.  Furthernore, it should never be labeled as "important".

Nassim Taleb and Dave Collum are many things, but "fools" is not one of them.

Crumbs, etc. were presenting factual and important information.  It was to AM investors' detriment that they ignored and/or raged against.

Was defending and preserving your precious faith/belief/confirmation bias UNTIL IT WAS INCONTROVERTIBLY DEMONSTRATED TO BE 100% WRONG worth all the BTC you lost in AM?

Of course it wasn't.  That's why, in western civilization, we look down on the practice of shooting the messenger (whether that messenger is offensive or polite).

We are reality based, and don't construct our world views based on popularity and tribal groupthink.

I will take an astute asshat like crumbs over a pandering heap of easily offended emotional garbage like you any day of the week.   Smiley

In light of the damning evidence, one would have to be a fool to use facebook but them Collum and Taleb probably weren't listening to the people speaking against facebook for various issues (one that comes to mind is the undisclosed psycholigical experimentation) because they presented their information in a friendly, factual manner.  Fools.

Pages:
Jump to: