Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 146. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
August 21, 2013, 12:32:42 AM
Here's a "competitor":

https://ghash.io/

Most of this has come online in the last couple of weeks. I think believing that AM doesn't have real competition is an idea that's a couple of months out of date.

For those who didn't click-through, when I posted this a few hours ago it was at 62TH/s. I peeked a few minutes ago and it is hovering at about 70TH/s now.

The information is presented in the hope of informing the debate about competition.

is this part of the "unknown" block?
Activity: 476
August 21, 2013, 12:31:54 AM
Has anyone noticed the AM hash rate: http://blockchain.info/pools

and also: http://www.asicminercharts.com/live/

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 21, 2013, 12:16:41 AM
Here's a "competitor":

Most of this has come online in the last couple of weeks. I think believing that AM doesn't have real competition is an idea that's a couple of months out of date.

For those who didn't click-through, when I posted this a few hours ago it was at 62TH/s. I peeked a few minutes ago and it is hovering at about 70TH/s now.

The information is presented in the hope of informing the debate about competition.
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
August 20, 2013, 11:45:18 PM
No one said there is no real competition. This is another example of where you exhibit bias by twisting what was said to suit your own agenda.

That's funny, because stripykitteh read it the same way I did:
That's a different context, obviously AM isn't the only miner.

wat

then what was the point of the quotes if it's understood non-hypothetical competition DOES exist (i.e. Bitfury is shipping product)
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 20, 2013, 11:45:14 PM
I wonder if friedcat's kitten's kittens will read about this, when block reward was 25 and they had 10%
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
August 20, 2013, 11:43:00 PM
No one said there is no real competition. This is another example of where you exhibit bias by twisting what was said to suit your own agenda.

That's a different context, obviously AM isn't the only miner.
August 20, 2013, 11:33:09 PM
I've disclosed those a number of times. I was referring to my dispute of the claim that there is no real competition, which involves no bias because it is objectively false.

Even a good dividend won't keep this up with the network percentage dropping and all these competitors shipping in the fourth quarter of 2013.   Last I checked, ASICMiner on;y 8% of total network hash: http://blockchain.info/pools

that's at 30 TH/s, and they were at 60 TH/s a week ago.  So, either they lost half the farm, or we only know about half of their hash rate right now.

At 60 TH/s, they would be at ~13% of the network.

An update from FC could provide enough information for shareholders to rally behind AM against the "competitors" that hope to ship this quarter.

Here's a "competitor":

August 20, 2013, 11:32:12 PM
Really? 'Competitors' is in quotes? You're certain not a SINGLE ONE poses a threat? Is AM a cult or a company?
Looks like Vycid is suffering from the classic psychological malady of projection.
Ha ha, well spotted!
August 20, 2013, 11:29:31 PM
I've disclosed those a number of times. I was referring to my dispute of the claim that there is no real competition, which involves no bias because it is objectively false.
Activity: 362
August 20, 2013, 11:27:59 PM
In the meantime, 200TH/s of equipment has arrived (or is arriving) these days -- ready to be sold, deployed or leased.

Proper competition, which everybody knows will arrive eventually, is long overdue!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 20, 2013, 11:14:57 PM
Really? 'Competitors' is in quotes? You're certain not a SINGLE ONE poses a threat? Is AM a cult or a company?
Looks like Vycid is suffering from the classic psychological malady of projection.
August 20, 2013, 11:12:16 PM
There is zero bias here.

Roll Eyes

I will immediately purchase ASICMiner puts expiring September 1st, with a strike of 1.8BTC, and a premium of 0.14BTC.
I will immediately purchase ASICMiner puts expiring September 1st, with a strike of 1.8BTC, and a premium of 0.14BTC.
I'm still buying about 7 more ASICMiner-PT put options.

Strike: 2.3 BTC
Exp: ~90 days
Premium: 0.2 BTC

(I am BUYING put options: you write them!)

Strike: 3.3 BTC
Expiration: 90 days
Premium: 0.3 BTC
Well, I tried...

Plenty of profit to go around for those who don't let their greed take over. Bears make money, bulls make money, pigs get slaughtered.

So nice of you to renounce greed and piggery to spend so much time writing so many posts to protect our investment. Roll Eyes

For the record: the options at 1.8 BTC were a hedge for my shares at the time. I was bullish once (shocker).
Activity: 574
August 20, 2013, 11:09:09 PM
There is zero bias here.

Roll Eyes

I'm still buying about 7 more ASICMiner-PT put options.

Strike: 2.3 BTC
Exp: ~90 days
Premium: 0.2 BTC

(I am BUYING put options: you write them!)

Strike: 3.3 BTC
Expiration: 90 days
Premium: 0.3 BTC
Well, I tried...

Plenty of profit to go around for those who don't let their greed take over. Bears make money, bulls make money, pigs get slaughtered.

So nice of you to renounce greed and piggery to spend so much time writing so many posts to protect our investment. Roll Eyes
Activity: 560
August 20, 2013, 11:07:37 PM

Canary's just confirmed he received blades late last week from AM.

...AND THE HORSES ARE OFF!!

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 20, 2013, 11:05:17 PM
An update from FC could provide enough information for shareholders to rally behind AM against the "competitors" that hope to ship this quarter.

Hey Vycid clearly he is talking about vaporware that until it actually ships is not yet in actual competition.

Also he clearly doesn't say certainly not a single one will ship.

That you manage to call AM a cult in the same breath is yet another demonstration of your BIAS and AGENDA.

It's long past time you stopped with your PURE BULLSHIT.

Well, I tried. When the whales manage to liquidate before you do, that's nobody's fault but yours.

AM had its run, and it was spectacular. Plenty of profit to go around for those who don't let their greed take over. Bears make money, bulls make money, pigs get slaughtered.

Alot of clowns out there. Starting to look like FOXNEWS vs. MSNBC on here.
August 20, 2013, 11:01:42 PM
Well try without all the bullshit and bias otherwise you just destroy your own credibility.

There is zero bias here.

If they take preorders, those are lost AM sales.

They ARE competition, product or not. The minute they start delivering, though, will be much worse. That is when the hashrate goes stratospheric and AM hardware isn't worth the ridiculous margins.
August 20, 2013, 10:44:51 PM
Well try without all the bullshit and bias otherwise you just destroy your own credibility.
August 20, 2013, 10:24:12 PM

Hey Vycid clearly he is talking about vaporware that until it actually ships is not yet in actual competition.

That you manage to call AM a cult in the same breath is yet another demonstration of your BIAS and AGENDA.

Well, I tried. When the whales manage to liquidate before you do, that's nobody's fault but yours.

AM had its run, and it was spectacular. Plenty of profit to go around for those who don't let their greed take over. Bears make money, bulls make money, pigs get slaughtered.
August 20, 2013, 10:12:27 PM

Jump to: