Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 17. (Read 808786 times)

legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol
September 03, 2014, 06:38:15 AM
Just FYI, anyone talking about the price going lower has already sold out and is hoping to buy in lower.

Pitiful, guys.  I thought you were better.

+1

Considering the last wave of divs was well over 0.2 BTC in total...honestly, you'd have to be a damn fool at this point.

The Patient
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047
September 03, 2014, 06:36:34 AM
Just FYI, anyone talking about the price going lower has already sold out and is hoping to buy in lower.

+1

Considering the last wave of divs was well over 0.2 BTC in total...honestly, you'd have to be a damn fool at this point.

Past dividends are quite irrelevant, what matters are expected future dividends. And we haven't received any, nor any notice, in months, so I wouldn't expect much.
Activity: 938
Merit: 502
September 03, 2014, 06:04:16 AM

+1

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
September 03, 2014, 05:14:15 AM
So are there any official news about when will we get dividends again?
No.we all are waiting for it. I asked the sales account on weibo.com but he didn't response.
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047
September 03, 2014, 04:09:46 AM
So are there any official news about when will we get dividends again?
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
September 03, 2014, 03:22:31 AM
As for my personal position, I thought I made it clear, I bought AM because there is a chance of real turnaround. My time frame is about six months and if there is no news in the next 2-3 months then I will probably sit down to reassess my approach. I don't speculate short term. Just try, from time to time, to tell what I think about current situation. Sorry, but the truth is that if AM doesn't provide good info in the next few weeks then shares will most probably fall.

Frantic reactions with void accusations to any posts mentioning real dangers just show extreme nervousness among shareholders. I remember someone attacking someone else for mentioning that AM is a speculative investment. Uh, people calm down.

Disclaimer: I plan to try to increase (and not reestablish) my position during any setbacks in the nearest future. I will do this unless I'm forced to reassess my stance towards AM which actually could happen at any time based on incoming information.

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
September 03, 2014, 02:57:51 AM

Activity: 172
Merit: 100
September 02, 2014, 05:00:27 PM
Down she goes to 0.22BTC as we speak. Great opportunity to load up on cheap shares before rocket launch folks.

About to go into the teens now after another overnight dump of shares. Say "Good Bye" to 0.2xBTC/share, hello IPO? The roller coaster continues for those that have the stomach for it.

Yes, this move could touch IPO, especially if we don't get any good news in September.
Activity: 617
Merit: 559
September 02, 2014, 09:40:31 AM
Down she goes to 0.22BTC as we speak. Great opportunity to load up on cheap shares before rocket launch folks.

About to go into the teens now after another overnight dump of shares. Say "Good Bye" to 0.2xBTC/share, hello IPO? The roller coaster continues for those that have the stomach for it.
Activity: 574
September 01, 2014, 10:17:44 PM
Instructions for anyone that needs it

I was having issues earlier connecting to slush with one, but it's working beautifully through the modified ckpool proxy. Might try again later and see what was up.

Is this proxy available for download? Cheesy

also wondering this. using BFGminer as proxy gives me particularly high reject rates (although that could be some settings I need to change?).
He posted the link to it earlier.

https://bitbucket.org/ckolivas/ckpool

He's running ckpool in standalone proxy mode.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
September 01, 2014, 09:30:54 PM
I assume fc will get people all sorted out, but no word of reimbursement. I think fc and crew are pretty legit, but these tubes feel pretty half assed imo.  You can only mine 1 pool unless you add more hardware into the mix also.

Yeah, I heard. And that very pool is effectively the worst choice since it's GHash.IO... They should at least have opted for a pool that hasn't jeopardized Bitcoins integrity quite a few times before!

Not the case any more (apparently)

Just a reminder, Slush's pool works no proxy and is a very stable pool (where I mine).
Activity: 518
Trust me!
September 01, 2014, 06:32:25 PM
I assume fc will get people all sorted out, but no word of reimbursement. I think fc and crew are pretty legit, but these tubes feel pretty half assed imo.  You can only mine 1 pool unless you add more hardware into the mix also.

Yeah, I heard. And that very pool is effectively the worst choice since it's GHash.IO... They should at least have opted for a pool that hasn't jeopardized Bitcoins integrity quite a few times before!
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
September 01, 2014, 06:03:06 PM
what are the POSTIT notes for?

They were for drawing a smiley face after the miner was up and running, but I never got to draw one  Undecided

Oh no that's so sad... I think it's always fun to assemble something bought at IKEA, but miners seem just a tad too complicated to be assembled at home, I guess. AM really should push the pre-assembled versions!

Actually building them is pretty easy, but I was shipped a dead controller so I can not mine it.  AM needs to check these miners parts before shipping them...endless complaints of bad boards / chips etc...

What a bummer. Didn't follow your case so closely. Is there any chance you get reimbursed for the lost time your machine wasn't able to hash? I mean this game is one where every single day counts! Waiting for a new controller really is a pain!

Trust me!
September 01, 2014, 05:41:00 PM

They were for drawing a smiley face after the miner was up and running, but I never got to draw one  Undecided

Oh no that's so sad... I think it's always fun to assemble something bought at IKEA, but miners seem just a tad too complicated to be assembled at home, I guess. AM really should push the pre-assembled versions!

Actually building them is pretty easy, but I was shipped a dead controller so I can not mine it.  AM needs to check these miners parts before shipping them...endless complaints of bad boards / chips etc...

What a bummer. Didn't follow your case so closely. Is there any chance you get reimbursed for the lost time your machine wasn't able to hash? I mean this game is one where every single day counts! Waiting for a new controller really is a pain!
legendary
September 01, 2014, 05:10:47 PM

They were for drawing a smiley face after the miner was up and running, but I never got to draw one  Undecided

Actually building them is pretty easy, but I was shipped a dead controller so I can not mine it.  AM needs to check these miners parts before shipping them...endless complaints of bad boards / chips etc...
Trust me!
September 01, 2014, 05:04:03 PM

legendary
September 01, 2014, 04:21:51 PM

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
The first is by definition not flawed.
September 01, 2014, 12:32:13 PM

good question, after all they are super sticky....

anyone still buying shares? tribble digit amounts that is?
Activity: 964
Merit: 509
September 01, 2014, 12:27:47 PM
Trust me!
August 30, 2014, 06:53:31 PM

I love how you two kept the subject line.

Well, I didn't want you to bee disappointed! People, the hash rate is still going stronger than ever: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty If AM isn't responsible for at least a thick piece of the increase, we'll have difficulties mining soon Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: