Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 225. (Read 808768 times)

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
June 28, 2013, 02:04:10 AM
another troll to ignore!

Man, I am collecting trolls on here.  I need a tally somewhere...

Well said. Some people here think that anyone not participating in their circle-jerk and trying to inflate the share price is trolling. When you show them the maths to prove just how inflated the prices are, they start talking about buying in at the IPO for 0.1 BTC, like that's in the slightest bit relevant for someone looking to buy shares now.

The fact is that even if AM had a hash rate of 250 Th/s, with 400,000 shares at 3.5 BTC each, that works out to be just 178.57 Mh/s per BTC. In order for AM's mining operation to provide similar value to a 5 GH/s BFL, it needs a hash rate of around 2,500 Th/s at a share price of 3.5 BTC.

Then they go on about hardware sales and delude themselves into believing that people will continue to pay insane prices for the worst ASIC hardware on the market and that hardware sales are going to increase as will dividends.

They probably know they're full of shit and they're just trying to pump before they dump.

Why do people keep comparing AM hardware to BFL hardware? BFL hasn't shipped 90%+ of their outstanding orders and anyone ordering today won't get a product for months, possibly not even until 2014. I tell you what, I'll sell you Unicorn-PT shares that mine at 1TH/s per BTC - how many would you like?

Maybe AM is overpriced and maybe it's not, however, this has zero to do with BFL and everything to do with what you think AM can execute in the coming 6 months (not 6 days or 6 hours like some over-eager day traders).

Because that's the competition. I could compare it to BitFury or KnC if you prefer but that will just make things look a hell of a lot worse. Does it matter if BFL hasn't shipped 90% of it's hardware? AM hasn't brought online 90% of it's hashing power either and it most certainly hasn't brought online the 2,500 Th/s that it would need to provide equal hashing value with BFL.

You say it has nothing to do with BFL, but that's just wilful ignorance. BFL, Bitfury, KnC and AMC will all effect AM with regards to both hardware sales and share of the network. You can keep comparing the competition to imaginary unicorns, but that's just pure stupidity as it's a fact that the competition is real.

Prove to me that your Unicorn-PT shares can actually provide me with 1 Th/s and I'll buy as many as I can afford. Otherwise, stop talking nonsense simply because you can't refute the claims.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
June 28, 2013, 01:21:08 AM
Short of calling him a derogatory name, I'd say there's always people who just don't get it, and he's one. His math and facts on this subject were laughable earlier in this thread, thus not worth acknowledging.

people, use the ignore button, that's why it's there.

TROLL TALLY: 4
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
You can't kill math.
June 28, 2013, 12:42:24 AM
another troll to ignore!

Man, I am collecting trolls on here.  I need a tally somewhere...

Well said. Some people here think that anyone not participating in their circle-jerk and trying to inflate the share price is trolling. When you show them the maths to prove just how inflated the prices are, they start talking about buying in at the IPO for 0.1 BTC, like that's in the slightest bit relevant for someone looking to buy shares now.

The fact is that even if AM had a hash rate of 250 Th/s, with 400,000 shares at 3.5 BTC each, that works out to be just 178.57 Mh/s per BTC. In order for AM's mining operation to provide similar value to a 5 GH/s BFL, it needs a hash rate of around 2,500 Th/s at a share price of 3.5 BTC.

Then they go on about hardware sales and delude themselves into believing that people will continue to pay insane prices for the worst ASIC hardware on the market and that hardware sales are going to increase as will dividends.

They probably know they're full of shit and they're just trying to pump before they dump.

Why do people keep comparing AM hardware to BFL hardware? BFL hasn't shipped 90%+ of their outstanding orders and anyone ordering today won't get a product for months, possibly not even until 2014. I tell you what, I'll sell you Unicorn-PT shares that mine at 1TH/s per BTC - how many would you like?

Maybe AM is overpriced and maybe it's not, however, this has zero to do with BFL and everything to do with what you think AM can execute in the coming 6 months (not 6 days or 6 hours like some over-eager day traders).

Short of calling him a derogatory name, I'd say there's always people who just don't get it, and he's one. His math and facts on this subject were laughable earlier in this thread, thus not worth acknowledging.
June 27, 2013, 11:27:26 PM
he wants to cause doubt so he can buy in under 3.3.

Dude, it ain't working. 

His "maths" is nothing more than ignoring real data from the last 8 months, and pulling numbers out of his ass. 

Nothing is always cheaper than something
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
June 27, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
another troll to ignore!

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 27, 2013, 10:34:08 PM

====>

http://www.deepfriedcat.com/

imo*fake chart is explained better here/\represents a combined hashrate of friedcats' 3 friends' pools..thanks

Wink

June 27, 2013, 10:15:33 PM
0.04-0.045 next week or the week after. Boom. Yes, I said it.

could be, especially if blades start selling again this week.

I don't know who is selling shares so cheap, but I wish I had more coins to buy 'em!
Activity: 362
June 27, 2013, 09:33:03 PM
I'm curious to see your thoughts as to what would happen to the price in BTC of shares when BTC rises significantly, say if it happens to reach $500+ USD/BTC.

A lot of people believe that it will have no effect.

However, I believe a high BTC price will increase the incentives to mine, so network hash rate will increase dramatically. This is definitely negative for mining revenues. For hardware revenues, it will reward the producers that can pump out hardware the fastest - it could go both ways for AM.

Overall, [in my opinion] a significant rise in USDBTC is bearish for AM shares (in terms of BTC).
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
June 27, 2013, 08:36:44 PM
I'm curious to see your thoughts as to what would happen to the price in BTC of shares when BTC rises significantly, say if it happens to reach $500+ USD/BTC.
Activity: 224
You can't kill math.
June 27, 2013, 07:34:50 PM
0.04-0.045 next week or the week after. Boom. Yes, I said it.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
legendary
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
legendary
June 27, 2013, 06:00:25 PM
AMC  Wink
Speculate
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
June 27, 2013, 05:54:48 PM
another troll to ignore!

Activity: 1036
Merit: 524
June 27, 2013, 05:26:45 PM
another troll to ignore!

Activity: 121
June 27, 2013, 03:16:32 PM
Seems like someone is building walls on bid. Or it's just normal guys with some 600+ btc?
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
June 27, 2013, 03:03:54 PM

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
June 27, 2013, 03:01:18 PM
I think we're going for a (small) correction now!

Just a small correction  Wink
Jump to: