Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 229. (Read 808768 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
June 26, 2013, 09:52:17 AM
I put bid order at 3.26 for 50 sharess over bitfunder more than one day....no share  been purchased so far...

Unbelievable.... Angry

The bid is 3.446 right now, with ~120 shares ahead of you... why would you expect anyone to purchase those in the past 24 hours?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
June 26, 2013, 09:49:06 AM
I put bid order at 3.26 for 50 sharess over bitfunder more than one day....no share  been purchased so far...

Unbelievable.... Angry
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
June 26, 2013, 09:44:58 AM
Reminder / Update

ThickAsThieves, VJain, Franktank and myself have put together the next round of questions for the community to vote on.

Once we have a consensus of the top three questions, ThickAsThieves will submit them to Friedcat.

The last round was a big success, so we will continue doing this for the foreseeable future.

The questions are available for voting here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1M7wigyDWjKjabHKdC7msaEfXvYaNxtMbbmTIRss8EqU/viewform

Here are the results so far (183 votes):

1) What are the plans regarding the Official ASICMINER Exchange? Have they been dropped? - 2.9
2) Does ASICMINER/Bitfountain intend to create and official website and/or blog outside of the bitcointalk forums? - 3.02
3) Do you have plans for a retail website? - 3.3
4) Does ASICMINER have plans to develop a marketing campaign to extend beyond word of mouth and business on the bitcointalk.org? - 2.94
5) Earlier this year, you committed to a minimum of 10% of the network hashing being represented by ASICMINER, can you update us to the current goals for network % and for total hashpower in 2013 and beyond? - 4.1
6) When can we expect the first financial report? - 3.65
7) Originally, board members were going to receive a test unit of an ASIC mining device. Will you provide this or any other tangible items to board members in the future? - 1.98
8 ) Could we have an official live hashrate meter from ASICMINER? - 3.12
9) For more transparency, is it possible to share a wallet address for depositing income from ASICMINER hardware sales? - 2.98
10) Besides mining, hardware sales, and fees, are there any other potential sources of revenue? - 3.9

Please note: Voting has NOT closed! You can (and should) still vote!
Activity: 57
Merit: 27
June 26, 2013, 07:57:17 AM

I can only surely say that every 4000 of sold USB units would add 0.01 to divs, right? Maybe slightly less because shipping costs is subtracted (but not production cost, right?).

Production cost would surely be subtracted. The company has to pay its suppliers and it pays them with the revenues it earns from sales.  You should also be aware that the cost of mining equipment for solomining must also be paid for by the company.  Speculation is that asicminer's profit margins are extremely high on sales, but it would be irrational to think they were 100%.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
June 26, 2013, 07:55:29 AM
Someone start some shit.
Or make a poorly supported argument.
Or, tell me ASICMINER is going to double or triple.

Your mom is gonna double!  Tongue
rofl

I think daily dividends is a terrible idea, since it will introduce much more variance, which is usually very bad for confidence.
Why on Earth are so many people supporting that?
Activity: 140
June 26, 2013, 07:44:53 AM
How much higher? If we imagine that all sales immediately go to dividends, then how many USB units already sold? Can we estimate?

I can only surely say that every 4000 of sold USB units would add 0.01 to divs, right? Maybe slightly less because shipping costs is subtracted (but not production cost, right?).
Activity: 752
bitcoin hodler
June 26, 2013, 07:27:32 AM
let's see if I was right

you are wrong

anyway I think that there will not be a lot of USB miners sold yet, so I'm guessing that the dividend will be similar like last week - around 0.016 BTC

if some USB miners were sold it could be a lot higher
Activity: 525
June 26, 2013, 06:03:37 AM
don't worry, that putty cat is on your side
Activity: 121
June 26, 2013, 05:10:27 AM
let's see if I was right
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
June 26, 2013, 04:42:46 AM

Activity: 752
bitcoin hodler
June 26, 2013, 04:32:28 AM
I don't wanna bring bad news, but I expect a significant drop of ASICMINER-PT in 48 hours. Hopefully we will not see 2.8.

wow, you must be better informed than us Cheesy
Activity: 518
June 26, 2013, 04:30:22 AM
I don't wanna bring bad news, but I expect a significant drop of ASICMINER-PT in 48 hours. Hopefully we will not see 2.8.

You didn't bring any bad news, no news at all in fact, just FUD. Enjoy.
Activity: 121
June 26, 2013, 04:28:20 AM
Activity: 224
You can't kill math.
June 26, 2013, 04:08:01 AM
Hey all,

Since the price is up so much recently, the implied volatility is clearly higher. Seeing this, I've decided to increase my previous offer for put options to the following:

Strike: 2.3 BTC
Exp: ~90 days
Premium: 0.2 BTC

(I am buying puts)

BTCT please. If you decide to list, make sure to send me a PM.

Cheers,

Vycid
Do you really think this is going down in 90 days? Good luck with that. I am tempted to take you up on the offer. Problem is, such a small float on BTCT could temporarily be manipulated lower. I wouldn't mind seeing shares slightly lower to purchase more Wink

You sound like someone who should be taking his free BTC then.
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
June 26, 2013, 01:56:23 AM
Hey all,

Since the price is up so much recently, the implied volatility is clearly higher. Seeing this, I've decided to increase my previous offer for put options to the following:

(I am buying puts)

Cheers,

Vycid
Do you really think this is going down in 90 days? Good luck with that. I am tempted to take you up on the offer. Problem is, such a small float on BTCT could temporarily be manipulated lower. I wouldn't mind seeing shares slightly lower to purchase more Wink

Manipulated lower how? By dumping a bunch of my shares for less than they're worth? Sounds like a good way to make money.

I primarily intend these options as a hedge, but I don't think it's impossible that share prices will drop, no.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
June 26, 2013, 01:21:57 AM
Selling a direct share for 3.35 BTC. Let me know if interested.
Activity: 336
June 26, 2013, 01:20:52 AM
Hey all,

(I am buying puts)

Cheers,

Vycid
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
June 26, 2013, 12:48:43 AM
Really excited to find out the dividend today.

My estimate for this week should be around 0.025BTC
Activity: 224
You can't kill math.
June 26, 2013, 12:46:36 AM
Dividend speculation? Looks like the mining part will be around 0.016 per share this week, any educated guesses about the hardware proceeds?

Blades have been sold out for a couple weeks, and erupters *just* went on sale but they are cheap and won't contribute to the dividend much I don't think.

I'd say a good amount of block erupters are being sold since the price was dropped

That's if those sales make it into the record for this week, and even so, there isn't that much BTC going into them in the group buys.

I'm being cautious and saying a healthy 0.018 dividend.
legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001
June 26, 2013, 12:42:45 AM
I'd say a good amount of block erupters are being sold since the price was dropped
Jump to: