Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 223. (Read 808768 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
June 28, 2013, 04:30:09 PM
Without hardware sales they already have a substantial mining dividend.

Sure competitors will emerge but it won't be overnight.

There won't be any real competition for several months.  Remember how they were going to blow AM out of the water in March?  April? May?

August, at the earliest, in limited quantities.  But, if you are truly honest, you will know that nothing will be really competing until September/October.

And it so happens, AM will be on gen 2, by then.

10 months delivery or mining with your order are not competitors. Until competition can deliver a product within a week, they are not competition.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
cryptoshark
June 28, 2013, 04:16:31 PM
I think asicminer can have huge sales still, their hardware is very cheap in production, so getting 0.4 btc on usb and 4 btc per better smaller blade can give us great dyvidends till october...

Friedcat is smart and will not finish like atari Smiley
Bfl is like sharp.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
June 28, 2013, 04:07:51 PM
Who cares if AM or BFL was a better investment last year? It has jack to do about the future and purchase decisions today.

it does, because one company has credibility, and the other doesn't, based on how they have performed over the past year.  One company is 9 months+ behind in orders, and moving at a snail's pace, while the other company can deliver your hardware in a few weeks.

promises are cheap, but the value is when companies can deliver on their promises.

BFL has failed to meet their own deadlines, their own promises, their own targets time and time again.
AM, on the other hand, has over-delivered and has met targets, one after another.

So, do you really think past performance is irrelevant when it comes to judging future performance?

ASICminer were one of the first to market and did quite well. They built a nice hashing farm and were able to sell devices with quite large markups. But they were pretty much the only clowns in the town. These questions remain:

1. Can anyone else produce ASICs? (yes)

2. Will they put pressure on ASICminer's markups? (yes)

3. Can ASICminer maintain their share of the network? (probably)

4. Can ASICminer maintain the margins of the hardware they sell? (no)

5. Do superior ASICs exist? (yes)

7. Has ASICminer demonstrated an ASIC competitive with what the competition has demonstrated? (no)

8. Can ASICminer produce a more efficient chip without stumbling? (unknown)

ASICminer had a brilliant strategy to get to market first by relying on outdated manufacturing and idle factories. They did that well, but now they need to move to the next stage where the others have been toiling. ASICminer is a good hare, but given how close the tortoises appear to be, ASICminer better not trip.
June 28, 2013, 03:14:53 PM
Who cares if AM or BFL was a better investment last year? It has jack to do about the future and purchase decisions today.

it does, because one company has credibility, and the other doesn't, based on how they have performed over the past year.  One company is 9 months+ behind in orders, and moving at a snail's pace, while the other company can deliver your hardware in a few weeks.

promises are cheap, but the value is when companies can deliver on their promises.

BFL has failed to meet their own deadlines, their own promises, their own targets time and time again.
AM, on the other hand, has over-delivered and has met targets, one after another.

So, do you really think past performance is irrelevant when it comes to judging future performance?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 28, 2013, 03:09:58 PM
I'm still buying about 7 more ASICMiner-PT put options.

Strike: 2.3 BTC
Exp: ~90 days
Premium: 0.2 BTC

(again, I am buying puts, you would need to write them)
Pardon my noobness.

You are paying 0.2 BTC to have the right to sell 1 AM share at 2.3 BTC, right?

This means that if AM goes down to 2.3 you'll exercise the put option, and sell the share to whoever issued the option, and this also means that if it doesn't go down to 2.1 you'll have realised a loss.

Did I get it correctly?

PUT options are risky because you assume unlimited exposure~if it keeps moving up you are forked ,however if the security drops to zero and is cancelled- MMs(NSS) never are required to buy back and cover the shares..thanks

You have that backwards. You're thinking of uncovered call options.

Lohoris is correct - I'm buying the right to sell at 2.3 for 0.2.

i'll bite on any right to sell/\short ANY and ALL shares on these BTC "game" exchanges+offers..thanks
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
June 28, 2013, 03:05:10 PM

Pardon my noobness.

This means that if AM goes down to 2.3 you'll exercise the put option, and sell the share to whoever issued the option, and this also means that if it doesn't go down to 2.1 you'll have realised a loss.

Did I get it correctly?

PUT options are risky because you assume unlimited exposure~if it keeps moving up you are forked ,however if the security drops to zero and is cancelled- MMs(NSS) never are required to buy back and cover the shares..thanks

You have that backwards. You're thinking of uncovered call options.

Lohoris is correct - I'm buying the right to sell at 2.3 for 0.2.
June 28, 2013, 02:30:48 PM

Pardon my noobness.

Did I get it correctly?

buying covered PUT options is risky because you assume unlimited exposure~if it keeps moving up you are forked ,however if the security drops to zero and is cancelled- MMs(NSS) never are required to buy back and cover the shares..thanks
June 28, 2013, 02:19:22 PM

Multiply the BFL number by 75 and you'll find that in a month from now, the BFLs would have earned at least 75 BTC more than the AM shares. Did you have a point or are just trying to reinforce mine?

A first day Jalapeno will have made more profit than an AM IPO share by the end of the month and you'd still have the Jalapeno, whereas you'd have to sell the AM share.

You really are smoking crack.

A Jalepeno cost 33 BTC if you ordered one early enough to expect delivery before the fall of this year.

Those lucky buyers will never get their 33 BTC back, let alone profit from the device.

check ebyzzle you are beginning to see those BFL items filtering into the market@around ~15 BTC..thanks
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
June 28, 2013, 01:38:36 PM
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
June 28, 2013, 11:59:59 AM

Pardon my noobness.

Did I get it correctly?
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
June 28, 2013, 11:03:58 AM
Hey all,

BTCT please. If you decide to list, make sure to send me a PM.

Cheers,

Vycid
June 28, 2013, 09:58:51 AM
FC will give us an update in the coming days, and the share price will rise on that news.

Here's what's coming: new blades go on sale, USB miner sales pick up, hash rate increasing

Dividends will be increasing
June 28, 2013, 09:15:29 AM
guys, seriously, why do we have to keep gong over the same bullshit stuff from Mabsark ?  He knows he's full of shit.  We know he's full of shit.

Just click the ignore button!
Activity: 14
June 28, 2013, 07:37:23 AM
I don't wanna bring bad news, but I expect a significant drop of ASICMINER-PT in 48 hours. Hopefully we will not see 2.8.

Welp, looks like you were wrong. Now there's a surprise.

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
June 28, 2013, 06:29:48 AM
Would you all PLEASE STOP FEEDING THE FUCKING TROLL?

This thread has gone to shit again due to you replying to him. Just ignore him and keep on speculating on real stuff.
For fuck's sake that's one of the oldest Internet techniques to fuck up a discussion, and you are all falling to it!
Push that fucking ignore button and go on!

I'm not trolling, so disregard this person who clearly does not know what trolling is. I'm providing my opinion of the future of AM - that both mining income and hardware sales income will decrease once there is competition on the shelves and that AM is overpriced.

Apparently, some people thing think replying to peoples comments with maths and facts is trolling simply because they hold a different opinion.

Ask yourself why these people are calling me a troll when all I'm doing is providing facts based on the maths and looking at the problems which AM has to tackle in the near future. The answer is obvious. These people don't want you making informed decisions.

You've informed everyone. People can now make an informed decision. No need to continue guys.

There's no need for anyone to post anything here. People do so because they want to. If people reply to my comments, I'll reply back to most of them. If I see a comment I want to reply to, I will do so. You do not get to tell people what they can or can't post. It does not matter whether you like what they've got to say or not.

My posts have been bang on topic, which is all that really matters. If you want to ignore what I have to say, then do so. Nobody is forcing you to reply to me.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
You can't kill math.
June 28, 2013, 06:21:54 AM

This thread has gone to shit again due to you replying to him. Just ignore him and keep on speculating on real stuff.
For fuck's sake that's one of the oldest Internet techniques to fuck up a discussion, and you are all falling to it!

I'm not trolling, so disregard this person who clearly does not know what trolling is. I'm providing my opinion of the future of AM - that both mining income and hardware sales income will decrease once there is competition on the shelves and that AM is overpriced.

Apparently, some people thing think replying to peoples comments with maths and facts is trolling simply because they hold a different opinion.

Ask yourself why these people are calling me a troll when all I'm doing is providing facts based on the maths and looking at the problems which AM has to tackle in the near future. The answer is obvious. These people don't want you making informed decisions.

You've informed everyone. People can now make an informed decision. No need to continue guys.
legendary
June 28, 2013, 06:15:07 AM

Apparently, some people think replying to peoples comments with maths and facts is trolling simply because they hold a different opinion.

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
June 28, 2013, 06:07:11 AM

Multiply the BFL number by 75 and you'll find that in a month from now, the BFLs would have earned at least 75 BTC more than the AM shares. Did you have a point or are just trying to reinforce mine?

A first day Jalapeno will have made more profit than an AM IPO share by the end of the month and you'd still have the Jalapeno, whereas you'd have to sell the AM share.

A Jalepeno cost 33 BTC if you ordered one early enough to expect delivery before the fall of this year.

Those lucky buyers will never get their 33 BTC back, let alone profit from the device.

BFL devices are priced in USD not BTC. The Jalapeno cost 149 USD not 33 BTC. You're agrument is completely irrelevant.

Only to people without money.  Like those that invested in BFL.
legendary
June 28, 2013, 06:00:50 AM

BFL devices are priced in USD not BTC. The Jalapeno cost 149 USD not 33 BTC. You're agrument is completely irrelevant.
legendary
June 28, 2013, 05:57:54 AM
Was saying that based on the delivery of orders the AM share is still a lot more profitable than the miner since the miner did not deliver the whole year  Wink

And yet, the Jalapeno after being delivered a year later, will still have made more profit a month from now. That's all that needs to be said really.
Jump to: