Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 47. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
January 11, 2014, 08:32:34 AM
Does anyone offer 1 BTC /share ?  going one , twice .
Ok 1 BTC/share until 17th - sold ..

i just love all the nee yah ppl that wait for price to drop way below 0.3 and now the rest who bought at this price have double their assets

Still don't understand what you want? Are you offering shares at 1 BTC or want to buy at 1 BTC ?
Activity: 837
Merit: 1000
January 11, 2014, 06:47:30 AM
i wanna sell at 3BTC/share , but i'm a dreamer
January 11, 2014, 04:07:17 AM
Does anyone offer 1 BTC /share ?  going one , twice .

i just love all the nee yah ppl that wait for price to drop way below 0.3 and now the rest who bought at this price have double their assets

You wanna buy at 1 BTC/share?
January 11, 2014, 02:59:43 AM
Does anyone offer 1 BTC /share ?  going one , twice .

January 08, 2014, 10:25:36 PM
Additionally, it should be equally clear that AM is now and will always be a very thin market. With a meager 400,000 shares and the vast vast vast majority tied up on a spreadsheet-based platform in Friedcat's desktop, the shares have no way to easily move. Any time someone on Havelock feels like buying or selling a few hundred shares it roils the market. I know it is easy to see conspiracies everywhere, and this IS the speculation thread, but sometimes a banana is just a banana.

Until such time as FC releases a blockchain-based trading platform or lists on a fiat exchange, the real market price of a share of AM will be impossible to discover. The trade is just too thin for any real price discovery.

I agree.

I agree. But will AM ever find the time to do it? Might not be near the top of their priority list .... ever
January 08, 2014, 03:06:30 PM
10 days
Merit: 502
January 08, 2014, 02:22:39 PM
Additionally, it should be equally clear that AM is now and will always be a very thin market. With a meager 400,000 shares and the vast vast vast majority tied up on a spreadsheet-based platform in Friedcat's desktop, the shares have no way to easily move. Any time someone on Havelock feels like buying or selling a few hundred shares it roils the market. I know it is easy to see conspiracies everywhere, and this IS the speculation thread, but sometimes a banana is just a banana.

Until such time as FC releases a blockchain-based trading platform or lists on a fiat exchange, the real market price of a share of AM will be impossible to discover. The trade is just too thin for any real price discovery.

I agree.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
January 08, 2014, 10:43:26 AM
Just for the record, i have never sold a single share of AM, so it should be clear that I have never participated in any sort of market manipulation.

January 07, 2014, 10:13:54 AM
i gave asicminer nearly 3 months since i started losing faith (and btc) to regain some of its form and own up to promises... with nothing.
thanks for the ride friedcat, as of today, i am 100% out!

You joined at wrong time, didn't read the news, I'm happy you are out!

Why do you have to always be such a condescending fanatic?

I see you in every post out there doing that, getting pretty tired of that shit.

Then please press ignore, and don't clutter up the thread
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
January 07, 2014, 03:15:47 AM
i gave asicminer nearly 3 months since i started losing faith (and btc) to regain some of its form and own up to promises... with nothing.

Why do you have to always be such a condescending fanatic?

I see you in every post out there doing that, getting pretty tired of that shit.
January 07, 2014, 01:46:30 AM

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
January 06, 2014, 07:56:48 PM
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
January 06, 2014, 06:50:57 PM
Well it is volatile guess its coming back down again probably staying a bit higher than it started at till tapeout though.
Activity: 752
bitcoin hodler
January 06, 2014, 10:56:43 AM
I wonder why is everyone so hyped about a slight change in price of shares on Havelock. the volume is so low and orderbook is so empty it doesn't seem like a significant show of value of AM shares. (it's true however that there is not really anywhere else to see the fair valuation of shares...)
legendary
Activity: 994
January 04, 2014, 10:45:13 PM
If you were a longtime holder of thousands of shares and you wanted to sell, what would you do?

A) Sell at current market price.
B) Spend a pittance (200-300 btc) to double the value of AM1 ...
The AM run-up from 1 - 2.5 btc was the same tactic.  It was just more wildly successful than originally planned.

If you think holders like Jutarul or Rival aren't smart enough to pull this off, then you haven't been paying attention.
That narrative doesn't hold. At the time of >2 BTC/share a high valuation was warranted and as an early investor that was the time to unload equity to allow other types of investors to get into the equity. The temporary loss of leadership was an assumed risk for new investors, albeit I think the correction was sharper than warranted. The hindsight analysis suggests that the individual business cycle for ASIC companies, especially in the early stage, will likely be a zig-zag motion, as the cycle goes from R&D to volume production to new r&D and new volume production, each time coming out with a more competitive product. An average of 10% market share only requires to have 30% share 1/3 of the year... As such AM is right on schedule. Knowing this may help you in your speculative decisions.

edit... I just realized what you are saying and have decided to shut up. (after deleting my reply)
donator
January 04, 2014, 10:34:59 PM
If you were a longtime holder of thousands of shares and you wanted to sell, what would you do?

B) Spend a pittance (200-300 btc) to double the value of AM1 ...
The AM run-up from 1 - 2.5 btc was the same tactic.  It was just more wildly successful than originally planned.

If you think holders like Jutarul or Rival aren't smart enough to pull this off, then you haven't been paying attention.
That narrative doesn't hold. At the time of >2 BTC/share a high valuation was warranted and as an early investor that was the time to unload equity to allow other types of investors to get into the equity. The temporary loss of leadership was an assumed risk for new investors, albeit I think the correction was sharper than warranted. The hindsight analysis suggests that the individual business cycle for ASIC companies, especially in the early stage, will likely be a zig-zag motion, as the cycle goes from R&D to volume production to new r&D and new volume production, each time coming out with a more competitive product. An average of 10% market share only requires to have 30% share 1/3 of the year... As such AM is right on schedule. Knowing this may help you in your speculative decisions.
legendary
Activity: 1064
January 04, 2014, 10:10:06 PM

B) Spend a pittance (200-300 btc) to double the value of AM1 on a thinly traded market and create an auction for your direct shares at the newly inflated price.  If you get lucky, others will catch the fever and start buying, running the price up even further.

If a large holder initiates an auction at these new prices then you will have your answer.

Side note.. I'm sure to get beaten up over this post... I really need to stop posting on this thread.

why would they risk any money on this?

buying at IPO they made millions already with dividends and dumping some at > 4+
asicminer will survive and the steady weekly revenue is still very good if you have tons of shares.
given the conditions I think smart people got better things to do with their money than trying to pull this off
legendary
January 04, 2014, 09:59:44 PM

B) Spend a pittance (200-300 btc) to double the value of AM1 on a thinly traded market and create an auction for your direct shares at the newly inflated price.  If you get lucky, others will catch the fever and start buying, running the price up even further.

If a large holder initiates an auction at these new prices then you will have your answer.

Side note.. I'm sure to get beaten up over this post... I really need to stop posting on this thread.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
January 04, 2014, 09:36:28 PM
If FC will say just "Hello" here,  price will go up . Upward movement seems persistent i do not believe there is a single person behind this. Inside trading is the most plausible explanation.

These buys started before the "bottom". as many as 250 shares at a time. Looks like 1000 or so have been removed from HL recently, after slowly climbing for a  week or two before that. That is interesting, as to me that indicates longer term investment, rather than pump and dump. The price movements seem to follow my expectations, its just that their schedule is a few weeks ahead of me  Tongue  The only thing I see wrong here is that I bought some at the bottom. That just doesn't happen.

It could be the bottom speculation and all we need to wait on the official news to come in and what the market did in anticipation we can see clearly is buy in advance of that news, on arrival of that news we could see the old adage
Buy on the Rumor Sell on the News
Or a nice rally up because it was above expectations
Or as expected more less so no real change to the price
Either way it is possible you got the bottom or perhaps just the low for now.
So possibly congrats explorer ha-ha my speculation is on the Bitcoin Price nearing 1K again and how the shares hold up to fiat increases vs perceived hash to back up the price.
January 04, 2014, 06:12:26 PM
If FC will say just "Hello" here,  price will go up . Upward movement seems persistent i do not believe there is a single person behind this. Inside trading is the most plausible explanation.
Pages:
Jump to: