Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 48. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
January 04, 2014, 06:04:24 PM
If some entity is going to make a huge order of mining and/or immersion cooling equipment, would it make sense for such an entity to buy AM shares and get some of the invested funds back via dividends?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
January 04, 2014, 05:34:30 PM
or insider information trading  Roll Eyes

Very consistent, looks like insider.

could it be that 'they' (AM) are pumping their own shares because they did not want to witness a tremendous drop below 0,1 as nothing really important is likely to happen in january and as investors tend to be even more worried and impatient?!

I think they just don't care about that. If they wanted to, they could've easily released some positive news.

Well then it can be someone who has a strong position in AM (and even some acquaintance with AM people) and did not want to see such scenario happening because of his previous investment?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night
January 04, 2014, 05:22:03 PM
or insider information trading  Roll Eyes

could it be that 'they' (AM) are pumping their own shares because they did not want to witness a tremendous drop below 0,1 as nothing really important is likely to happen in january and as investors tend to be even more worried and impatient?!

I think they just don't care about that. If they wanted to, they could've easily released some positive news.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
January 04, 2014, 04:48:18 PM

Activity: 686
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night
January 04, 2014, 02:27:39 PM
Certain AM shareholders have been telling people that gen 3 chips will be out this month. There's going to be a lot of disappointed come Feb.
Seriously doubtful on that one.

Are you just referring to the November quote from SmiGuel you dug up? I pretty confident everyone knows that January is just tapeout and hardware is still months away.

If anyone on here is expecting hardware in a few weeks please speak up so we can get a count for maths.

People also have to remember that tapeout means the (potential) start of the actual chip production, which takes another 45 days. And it still may go wrong and AM's design may prove to be faulty. Remain confident, though, they've spent the last 2 months testing and optimizing their design and are well aware of the risks of a faulty design.
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
January 04, 2014, 12:43:26 PM
Certain AM shareholders have been telling people that gen 3 chips will be out this month. There's going to be a lot of disappointed come Feb.
Seriously doubtful on that one.

Are you just referring to the November quote from SmiGuel you dug up? I pretty confident everyone knows that January is just tapeout and hardware is still months away.

If anyone on here is expecting hardware in a few weeks please speak up so we can get a count for maths.
Activity: 518
January 04, 2014, 09:28:19 AM
We will see 1BTC/share until 17 Ian

#speculation

You might want to edit that for clarity. I was thinking Ian could be the inside trader Wink
Activity: 837
Merit: 1000
January 04, 2014, 08:33:04 AM
We will see 1BTC/share until 17 Ian

#speculation
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
January 04, 2014, 08:04:21 AM

beginning to doubt... The Am100 is still sold at 0.00569
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
January 04, 2014, 07:38:59 AM

legendary
January 04, 2014, 07:13:47 AM
0.644  Shocked Shocked Shocked
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
January 04, 2014, 07:06:54 AM

it's either insider trading or people just taking risky bets

legendary
January 04, 2014, 07:04:49 AM
0.601 now!  Shocked

Still hodling for a while Wink Maybe sell one of my 2 shares for an ammount close to 1 bTC Tongue
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
January 04, 2014, 06:42:59 AM

it's either insider trading or people just taking risky bets
legendary
January 04, 2014, 06:40:00 AM
Activity: 837
January 04, 2014, 05:49:31 AM
as i said before , no on is selling now that why price is rising so fast.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
January 04, 2014, 02:06:08 AM
To be Honest I snuck my auction shares at 0.35 into Dealcoin shares to get the dividends while waiting on AM movement then saw them go up 100% in a matter of days, fun stuff.
However I will need to reposition into AM sometime in the next few weeks myself as the market appears to be moving in anticipation of Tapeout
It's not that long a wait just a week or two to go as people prepare in anticipation
And not the BFL Two Weeks till Tapeout so fun stuff.
Activity: 518
January 03, 2014, 11:33:02 PM
The first step in a bull movement in a stock is to advertise the fact that there is a bull movement on. Sounds silly, doesn't it? Well, think a moment. It isn't as silly as it
sounded, is it? The most effective way to advertise what, in effect, are your honourable intentions is to make the stock active and strong. After all is said and done, the greatest publicity agent in the wide world is the ticker, and by far the best advertising medium is the tape. I do not need to put out any literature for my clients. I do not have to inform the daily press as to the value of the stock or to work the financial reviews for notices about the company's prospects. Neither do I have to get a following. I accomplish all these highly desirable things by merely making the stock active. When there is activity there is a synchronous demand for explanations; and that means, of course, that the necessary reason for publication supply themselves without the slightest aid from me.

http://www.nowandfutures.com/large/Reminiscences_of_a_Stock_Operator_Jesse_Livermore.pdf P.195

Is there a bull movement on? :p

People are buying because they see Gen3 happening soon and see it as having good risk / reward ratios at current stock prices. I know that book is great but ......
legendary
Activity: 1036
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
January 03, 2014, 05:17:41 PM
bought my shares in the auction for 0.32BTC/piece. I am happy now after the depressing downtrend the day after I received my shares Wink

I am a long term investor anyway. Smiley

Good buy sir Wink

I have been penny averaging my holdings as sadly i am sitting at a loss, but with the volume of shares i picked up bellow or around 0.3 I have reduced my average a significant amount.
legendary
January 03, 2014, 04:22:47 PM
bought my shares in the auction for 0.32BTC/piece. I am happy now after the depressing downtrend the day after I received my shares Wink

I am a long term investor anyway. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: