Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 75. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
November 05, 2013, 11:32:23 AM
Why can't we just get the exchanges to follow SEC regulations? Is it too much money to create a website like that for the amount of traffic/transactions it receives?
go ahead, we're all waiting! Smiley

Do we actually have any evidence that the SEC was putting pressure on the BTC exchanges?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
November 05, 2013, 11:25:46 AM
Why can't we just get the exchanges to follow SEC regulations? Is it too much money to create a website like that for the amount of traffic/transactions it receives?

Yes, IF you're willing to spend tens of millions of dollars and dealing with years of paperwork and litigation.
Activity: 462
November 05, 2013, 11:21:08 AM
November 05, 2013, 10:18:50 AM
More exchange speculation
So opinions on bitfunder shutting down and how it affects AM liquidity
well, seeing as how US residents could not purchase AM on that exchange for some time now, I think the prices on BF already reflected the reduced liquidity.  And in reality, I think most people knew BF was shutting down when they made the US customer policy. The AM PT on BF was having issues anyway.

I think folks are expecting a decentralized solution to the exchange fiasco, but that may not come for a while.  So, it's direct share or HL for now, and I think most people will choose direct shares for the security they represent.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
November 05, 2013, 05:25:30 AM
I'm guessing that this weeks dividends will be abysmal. Who knows what will it do to the share price... I only hold the direct shares though so I'm not so worried about the short-term share price, I'm more interested in if Friedcat could confirm that what the chinese girl said on the video is true.
If I were Friedcat and what that chinese girl said was made up (she has many followers in the Chinese bitcoin community), I would certainly stand out to clarify. But if what she said was true, then I don't think it is necessary (at least not so urgent) to confirm it. But of course, I am not friedcat and he may have different view.
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
bitcoin hodler
November 05, 2013, 03:18:26 AM
I'm guessing that this weeks dividends will be abysmal. Who knows what will it do to the share price... I only hold the direct shares though so I'm not so worried about the short-term share price, I'm more interested in if Friedcat could confirm that what the chinese girl said on the video is true.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
November 05, 2013, 02:03:02 AM
More exchange speculation
So opinions on bitfunder shutting down and how it affects AM liquidity
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
November 04, 2013, 09:48:08 PM
What else is safe to invest in
this is not meant as shameless advertising (i missed PreIPO and really regret it),
but i read a lot of good stuff about moneero. (https://moneero.com/web/)
i hope they will IPO during the next half year or so.
Their concept looks very promising to push bitcoin adaption and have the virgin southamerican market as their playground.
online wallets, ATMs, Transfer via SMS, Exchange, they're planning the full package.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 04, 2013, 09:47:19 PM

A few listings on Havelock seem quite solid (KCIM, HIM, to name the two off the top of my head).

legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
November 04, 2013, 09:26:14 PM
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 04, 2013, 08:55:39 PM
AM is the only safe investment right now

i would argue there are a few others...
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
November 04, 2013, 08:48:14 PM
AM is the only safe investment right now
November 04, 2013, 08:37:43 PM
So what's your take? AM is one of the last safe harbors now. Wink
well, they offer direct shares, so that's a plus.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
November 04, 2013, 07:29:37 PM
So what's your take? AM is one of the last safe harbors now. Wink
November 04, 2013, 04:09:44 PM
For people who have AM direct shares, myBitWorth now let's you track their value using a reference from one of the exchanges: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3481788
donator
Activity: 980
November 02, 2013, 03:10:52 PM
What is this cube and where are the specs?  Or is it just some blades taped together in a square?

It's probably something like that. Judging from the hashing power, it should be 3 blades. Hopefully properly set up in a box and with some cooling solution. It'd pretty sweet if it wasn't for the insane difficulty of the network.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
November 02, 2013, 01:44:53 PM
What is this cube and where are the specs?  Or is it just some blades taped together in a square?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
November 02, 2013, 10:29:17 AM
any discussion on the AM cube?
http://www.wtcr.ca/catalog/product/bm-ambec-01
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
November 02, 2013, 03:24:36 AM
So Havelock has become a real exchange, one less prone to an immediate shutdown in my opinion thoughts?
And yes it applies to AM speculation as it means we are a bit less worried about overall stability of shares on this exchange and our shutdown concerns.

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/20131101-announcement.php

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/20131101-announcement.php

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

November 1, 2013 - Havelock Investments (HavelockInvestments.com), a leading Bitcoin Denominated Investment Fund, announced today that it has executed a definitive agreement to be acquired by The Panama Fund, S.A, a fully licensed and registered Panamanian Investment Company.

The acquisitions creates the world's first, fully licensed, Bitcoin Denominated Fund Exchange, where companies from around the world will be able to raise capital directly, through the exclusive use of Bitcoins.

With this acquisition HavelockInvestments.com will be able to maintain its current Funds, as well as expand its operations, while attracting new opportunities in the rapidly expanding Bitcoin Marketplace.

The original HavelockInvestments.com team will remain in place and will play a key role in the future growth of the company.
Pages:
Jump to: