Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 73. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 501
November 08, 2013, 07:24:05 PM

Friedcat has either totally lost it or is an utter genius.

edit: selling shovel handles to the people selling shovels.

Maybe that is the clever move. Or not. We are back to the early days of AM. The shares are relatively cheap but the risks are once more high.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
November 08, 2013, 05:24:33 PM

Friedcat has either totally lost it or is an utter genius.

edit: selling shovel handles to the people selling shovels.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
cryptoshark
November 08, 2013, 11:39:10 AM
immersion cooling is however a fancy cooling system. I'd be lying if I said I have full faith in it - I'm rather skeptic as (1) feasability and (2) execution. Many points of failure for something that appears peripheral to the mining world?

in 2 years there will be only immersion cooling mining farms because it's so much more effective then air cooling.

Utter nonsense.

Cooling is only a part of the overall cost structure. Many small miners don't run cooling. Also if AM runs farms in HK where the cost of electricity is high, then other miners can run theirs in other countries where electricity is 1/2 or 1/4 or 1/12th and easily pay for normal cooling as currently (if even required) and still be cheaper.

They will be selling ship containers soon with 50Th speed/cluster.
Consider that heat can be used, directed for drying, heating etc.
They can deliver it to places where power cost is really cheap like 0.03$ /kwH...

They can deploy/sell a lot of them, think about future divs.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
November 08, 2013, 09:52:23 AM
now that's what i call foresight.
In some years these babies will build the strong backup of the network while mining for endconsumers slowly recesses

transformation initiated....

ǁ
                    ǁ
                    ǁ
                   V

ǁ
                    ǁ
                    ǁ
                   V
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
November 08, 2013, 08:15:10 AM
immersion cooling is however a fancy cooling system. I'd be lying if I said I have full faith in it - I'm rather skeptic as (1) feasability and (2) execution. Many points of failure for something that appears peripheral to the mining world?

in 2 years there will be only immersion cooling mining farms because it's so much more effective then air cooling.

Utter nonsense.

Cooling is only a part of the overall cost structure. Many small miners don't run cooling. Also if AM runs farms in HK where the cost of electricity is high, then other miners can run theirs in other countries where electricity is 1/2 or 1/4 or 1/12th and easily pay for normal cooling as currently (if even required) and still be cheaper.

Activity: 752
bitcoin hodler
November 08, 2013, 05:07:11 AM

donator
Activity: 290
November 08, 2013, 04:22:45 AM
Activity: 752
bitcoin hodler
November 08, 2013, 03:21:16 AM

Repost:
Pictures of oil fried cats pass through my mind Smiley
(No its not animal cruelty its ASIC art Tongue)

looks really nice
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
November 08, 2013, 01:49:33 AM

Repost:
Pictures of oil fried cats pass through my mind Smiley
(No its not animal cruelty its ASIC art Tongue)
Activity: 560
November 08, 2013, 01:30:21 AM
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 08, 2013, 12:29:57 AM
Cube looks very interesting but I'm still very skeptical of its profitability.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
November 08, 2013, 12:07:55 AM
The advent of ASICs created the strangest axiom of miner makers literally able to stay in business forever as long as they request BTC as payment and then simply keep it in order to keep exchange rate up and collect more orders for miners paid for with fiat.  At least ASICMiner returns that BTC to shareholders.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
November 07, 2013, 08:57:59 PM
That is how much wtcr.ca is selling it for, we have no idea what FC is charging them for all we know it could be a fixed rate of like 300 USD.

+1

Also, note that the blades went down in price (from the resellers here) to 0.80 BTC. It was noted by both SSB and Canary that they are selling without any markup at this point (maybe I misread this, but was in the USB sticks context?) Anyways, that give us 2.4 BTC for the 3 blades that are supposedly powering the CUBE. I'd imagine AM selling its "next gen" or even a newer device for considerably less given both BTC/USD rise and the ever-increasing difficulty. And top of that the various other ASIC devices in the marking currently and planned for dec/jan/feb.

I am hoping for a close to 1.5 BTC price ... Like everything else in the market, no point in figuring out the ROI, but there'll be 1000s of these sold anyways ;-)

Also, this is their first pricing. Like the USB sticks and blades, it will go down...so I believe they have room to change the prices in the future.
Activity: 378
November 07, 2013, 08:24:30 PM
When the first leak occurred a few days ago, the price of a cube was listed at 1.99 btc. That is was around $450, a great price for 30Gh/s.

Today 1.99 btc is $622. You are getting close to what you need to pay for a 30 Gh/s BFL box on ebay. By this weekend, if btc keeps rising, it may be hopelessly overpriced.

It's really not a great price.

Cointerra for January delivery is 2 TH/s at $6000, or $3/GH. The cube - at the original $450 price point - is $15/GH.

Do you think you can squeeze $12/GH out in a couple of months? Good luck.

do you think cointerra will deliver on time.

I bought a lot from cointerra and i think its a 90% chance they will not...

Totally agree...conceptual product only arrive when it isn't conceptual.....
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
November 07, 2013, 07:05:50 PM
When the first leak occurred a few days ago, the price of a cube was listed at 1.99 btc. That is was around $450, a great price for 30Gh/s.

Today 1.99 btc is $622. You are getting close to what you need to pay for a 30 Gh/s BFL box on ebay. By this weekend, if btc keeps rising, it may be hopelessly overpriced.

That is how much wtcr.ca is selling it for, we have no idea what FC is charging them for all we know it could be a fixed rate of like 300 USD.

How many asic manufacturers have actually delivered on time?
Activity: 602
November 07, 2013, 06:54:18 PM

Cointerra for January delivery is 2 TH/s at $6000, or $3/GH. The cube - at the original $450 price point - is $15/GH.

Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
November 07, 2013, 06:52:24 PM

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
November 07, 2013, 02:11:39 PM

There's some truth to this... but it still mostly makes sense to price mining equipment in btc terms regardless of the exchange rate.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
November 07, 2013, 02:05:31 PM

KS
Activity: 448
November 07, 2013, 01:33:24 PM
irrationally? Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: