Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 81. (Read 808757 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
October 26, 2013, 04:08:31 PM
Unfortunately there are no easy solutions to information asymmetry in markets.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
October 26, 2013, 02:28:41 PM
Everyone else didn't know until after the price-rise.

Not entirely true. I saw it on this forum, went and bought and the price was only up a bit by that point. It doubled once people from here were moving in large numbers. You just had to be quick.

I know what you mean, though. It shouldn't be given out to some people and not others.
Activity: 298
October 26, 2013, 02:26:31 PM
This bullshit with Friedcat revealing important plans to some people before telling the rest of the shareholders is just unacceptable. I'm selling my shares, fuck this.  Angry

i dont see any new info, what are u on about? good riddance.

Quite simple. Friedcat made some statements (allegedly) to a chinese video lady, those that saw it bought shares based on what they heard and the price doubled. Everyone else didn't know until after the price-rise.

Thats why there are rules on information release in the non-bitcoin world.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
October 26, 2013, 09:36:44 AM
This bullshit with Friedcat revealing important plans to some people before telling the rest of the shareholders is just unacceptable. I'm selling my shares, fuck this.  Angry

i dont see any new info, what are u on about? good riddance.
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
October 26, 2013, 08:46:57 AM
This bullshit with Friedcat revealing important plans to some people before telling the rest of the shareholders is just unacceptable. I'm selling my shares, fuck this.  Angry
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
October 26, 2013, 12:36:19 AM
There were one bid and one ask wall very close to each other.
My guess it is a single person trying something....
Exactly, it was most certainly a single person, what was he trying to do is the question.

The person put a bid of 10000 at .0055, then over 2000 were sold to him, then the 2000 were put up for sale at .00551 or something like that. I think this was to force anyone that wanted to sell soon to sell to him. I didn't see if the entire order got filled eventually but what was interesting was that like 12 hours later the price nearly doubled. Another point of interest is that I looked at the time stamp of the 10000 order and it was put up about 30 seconds (the same minute, no joke) before Vycid made his post about changing his valuation to 0.3 for AM. My guess is that it was Vycid buying. Wink
It looks like an insider trading to me.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
October 25, 2013, 05:38:13 PM
Exactly, it was most certainly a single person, what was he trying to do is the question.

The person put a bid of 10000 at .0055, then over 2000 were sold to him, then the 2000 were put up for sale at .00551 or something like that. I think this was to force anyone that wanted to sell soon to sell to him. I didn't see if the entire order got filled eventually but what was interesting was that like 12 hours later the price nearly doubled. Another point of interest is that I looked at the time stamp of the 10000 order and it was put up about 30 seconds (the same minute, no joke) before Vycid made his post about changing his valuation to 0.3 for AM. My guess is that it was Vycid buying. Wink
KS
Activity: 448
October 25, 2013, 04:54:34 PM

bathroom run?
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
October 25, 2013, 08:34:13 AM
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
October 25, 2013, 08:27:22 AM
Guys check this is quite funny

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/order.php?symbol=AM100

Someone is trying to stick the price or something.....  Huh
true, quite odd.

Hmm All I see are two walls at 0.45
Unless you were referring to the 10,000 wall at 0.55 that got eaten through

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
October 25, 2013, 08:10:29 AM
Guys check this is quite funny

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/order.php?symbol=AM100

Someone is trying to stick the price or something.....  Huh
true, quite odd.

Hmm All I see are two walls at 0.45
Unless you were referring to the 10,000 wall at 0.55 that got eaten through
KS
Activity: 448
October 25, 2013, 03:14:05 AM

Anyways curious on your take if you want to speculate if the delivery is in two weeks etc.

I have no idea, sorry. I would err on the side of ignoring the rumors though - there's too much motive to fabricate them.

I think people also need to consider what AM is worth if they hold 10% of the market long-term (say until the next block reward-halving). I don't think it's much north of the current prices.

I second this sentiment. That is exactly why my PT is so much lower than market (0.3). You have to make unsupported assumptions before the price even approaches reasonable.

The truly insane valuations have calmed down (it's surreal we were ever at 5), but we are still not at fair value. This is not a long-term buy.

The price is not based on anything remotely "calculated". I wouldn't be surprised if we hit 7 or 8 within 12 months (.2 is also possible! and I reserve the right to contradict myself! Smiley )
Unlimited Free Crypto
October 25, 2013, 02:40:28 AM
I don't get it. I read everything that was posted before I sleep? now why did the price double? Someone felt bullish? Vyced did you do this -_-!

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjI1OTIxMTc2.html

One of our group members in Chinese community had an interview with Friedcat today. Above is the brief introduction of what Friedcat has done and planned to be accomplished in the next months.
To be short:
1. 1000T would be released around Nov 7th. These chips may be sold or deployed, depending on the situation then.
2. 2nd Gen chips have already been developed long time ago. But they were delayed to deploy considering the unsatisfactory performance.
3. 3rd Gen chips were also under development during that period. It is already developed now but still under test. It is expected to become a mature product in Feb 2014, which means its key indicators would be much better than those of its competitors. It is estimated that the network hashing power would be 1000p then, while Friedcat would deliver several hundred of it.

So because FC talked to someone about things they we all know already the price double? Strange market, Bt it is okay I guess ore money for me.
Activity: 252
October 25, 2013, 01:49:59 AM
I don't get it. I read everything that was posted before I sleep? now why did the price double? Someone felt bullish? Vyced did you do this -_-!

One of our group members in Chinese community had an interview with Friedcat today. Above is the brief introduction of what Friedcat has done and planned to be accomplished in the next months.
To be short:
1. 1000T would be released around Nov 7th. These chips may be sold or deployed, depending on the situation then.
2. 2nd Gen chips have already been developed long time ago. But they were delayed to deploy considering the unsatisfactory performance.
3. 3rd Gen chips were also under development during that period. It is already developed now but still under test. It is expected to become a mature product in Feb 2014, which means its key indicators would be much better than those of its competitors. It is estimated that the network hashing power would be 1000p then, while Friedcat would deliver several hundred of it.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3406966
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
October 25, 2013, 01:39:27 AM

To be short:

Unlimited Free Crypto
October 25, 2013, 01:36:24 AM
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
October 24, 2013, 11:41:31 PM
I've had a few requests to open up another Friedcat t-shirt group buy, so figured I'd post the link here as well, in case any of you missed out on the last two:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-friedcat-t-shirt-group-buy-3-317651

Nice I do love my shirt Smiley

Vycid thanks for the reply I was thinking along those lines but for immediate term scenarios it is fun speculating
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
October 24, 2013, 08:13:55 PM
I've had a few requests to open up another Friedcat t-shirt group buy, so figured I'd post the link here as well, in case any of you missed out on the last two:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-friedcat-t-shirt-group-buy-3-317651
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
October 24, 2013, 08:13:39 PM

Anyways curious on your take if you want to speculate if the delivery is in two weeks etc.

I have no idea, sorry. I would err on the side of ignoring the rumors though - there's too much motive to fabricate them.

I think people also need to consider what AM is worth if they hold 10% of the market long-term (say until the next block reward-halving). I don't think it's much north of the current prices.

I second this sentiment. That is exactly why my PT is so much lower than market (0.3). You have to make unsupported assumptions before the price even approaches reasonable.

The truly insane valuations have calmed down (it's surreal we were ever at 5), but we are still not at fair value. This is not a long-term buy.
legendary
Activity: 1176
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 24, 2013, 08:04:01 PM

While I don't hold AM at the moment I still have respect for friedcat as a businessman. I'd be disappointed if he's leaking information to 'insiders' so they can make a quick profit.

Pages:
Jump to: