Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 83. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
October 23, 2013, 07:06:07 PM
Time for another speculation ....

AM seems to be withholding not just the mining income, but also from HW sales. I think the numbers are really looking good.

I was trying to track the usual HW sales from major GB resellers here on Bitcointalk. CanaryInTheMine's address is https://blockchain.info/address/1L3XSZpfsZtEXLwDDYjJfJHncaPxAngAyV ... He just sent about 100 BTC to 1PqMrF2axd4kuY9wosY4YZ3RdhWvDf7ZUP, which is now holding ~2168 BTC!

Looking at this last address, there's also some incoming BTC from a mining address.

We already know that another AM address is holding close to 10,000 BTC (from previous HW and mining income)

Is this mean they can massive producing better ASIC in the future ? I think the talent pool in AM is the key issue ...and there still no anything about 2 gen has been released... this what I am really concern will AM  meet its scheduled in time?
Activity: 761
Merit: 500
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
October 23, 2013, 07:05:14 PM

AM seems to be withholding not just the mining income, but also from HW sales. I think the numbers are really looking good.

I was trying to track the usual HW sales from major GB resellers here on Bitcointalk. CanaryInTheMine's address is https://blockchain.info/address/1L3XSZpfsZtEXLwDDYjJfJHncaPxAngAyV ... He just sent about 100 BTC to 1PqMrF2axd4kuY9wosY4YZ3RdhWvDf7ZUP, which is now holding ~2168 BTC!

Looking at this last address, there's also some incoming BTC from a mining address.

We already know that another AM address is holding close to 10,000 BTC (from previous HW and mining income)

Well the good news is that if Friedcat has not tapped into those BTC for reinvestment yet (i.e. converted to RMB or USD), he will get a lot more bang for the buck now that the prices have doubled over the last couple of weeks. There is always a silver lining Smiley
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
October 23, 2013, 03:43:32 PM

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
October 23, 2013, 02:49:54 PM
the last month was very easy to me to keep high dividends, Sell before them and buy cheaper after them. I assure you the difference is more profitable than simply receiving the divs  Grin

Oh yah Loph you should go pick up your prize from that other thread Smiley
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3389349
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
October 23, 2013, 11:52:58 AM
the last month was very easy to me to keep high dividends, Sell before them and buy cheaper after them. I assure you the difference is more profitable than simply receiving the divs  Grin

But with an associated increase in risk. The risk/reward paradigm remains intact.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
October 23, 2013, 11:51:19 AM
the last month was very easy to me to keep high dividends, Sell before them and buy cheaper after them. I assure you the difference is more profitable than simply receiving the divs  Grin
Activity: 525
October 23, 2013, 08:32:03 AM
Yeah thanks I'm looking forward to that with great interest.
Activity: 406
October 23, 2013, 08:22:04 AM
Yes, FC has deservedly done well. But I was referring to the reserves Asicminer development funds.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood you. It's hard to say. We will know more on sunday, when detailed financial report will be presented.
October 23, 2013, 08:10:39 AM
Yes, FC has deservedly done well. But I was referring to the reserves Asicminer development funds.
October 23, 2013, 08:08:26 AM
Every share since the beggining earned 0.63 BTC in dividends. Let's say friedcat didn't earn IPO's first 0.1 BTC, so 0.53 BTC per share. I don't know how much of asicminers 236000 shares he owns, but I suppose it's one third. That means he earned 40 thousand BTCs in dividends. I don't think he needs to sell any shares to live happily ever after  Grin
October 23, 2013, 08:02:17 AM
You are probbaly right; but do you think FC may lower his take since the btc price has risen?
October 23, 2013, 07:54:50 AM
Div prediction? I'm thinking around .007

My name is Div. Div Idend.

It's gonna be lower, same as last time.
October 23, 2013, 07:50:18 AM
Div prediction? I'm thinking around .007

in edit
while I'm here, this is worth viewing if you haven't seen it:

Bullish on bitcoin
22 October 2013

Richard Brown, executive architect, IBM thinks the future for crypto-currencies looks very bright. 

http://www.finextra.com/Video/Video.aspx?videoid=513

Activity: 236
Merit: 100
www.bitcoingem.com
October 22, 2013, 05:09:55 PM
looks like again shares are pushing lower ahead of dividends... Havelock at .6 may see it hit .5 before asicminer gets going again with higher dividends in a month
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
October 22, 2013, 03:43:22 PM
I don't think at the moment there is any model that can even determine the fair value of a share of AM within an order of magnitude. There is just too much we do not know at this time.

And yet STILL you cling to your irrationality! Bitfunder currently suggests a share price of 0.75/BTC, a price at this point still looks fairly generous to me.

Bitfunder prices are depreciated because of the new site rules demanding verification and excluding US residents. But I'm sure you know that already. Roll Eyes

Then that would imply an order-of-magnitude fair price potentially HIGHER than 7.5 BTC, is that your point?

Havelock is trading at right about 0.75 BTC too, though, so I don't see that "depreciation" you're talking about. If anything the differential is smaller than it was when both BTCT and Bitfunder were running normally.

I'd guess the Havelock price and the prices on the Auctions board are affected by what happened to BTCT and Bitfunder. Eventually this will settle down.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
October 22, 2013, 02:50:22 PM
So... does anybody know what ASICMiner's plans are for future mining hardware?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
October 22, 2013, 02:22:21 PM
Waiting on the financials to determine just how much is cash and how much is reserve before making any valuations here
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
October 22, 2013, 07:24:28 AM
And yet STILL you cling to your irrationality! Bitfunder currently suggests a share price of 0.75/BTC, a price at this point still looks fairly generous to me.
So you still value it at 0.5 BTC?

Did you factor in the new ventures they are going to explore?

i.e. you factor them exactly 0, or you factor them to a positive, but you dropped your valutation of the original mining business, so that they add up anyway to 0.5?
Activity: 752
bitcoin hodler
October 22, 2013, 03:25:42 AM
Havelock is trading at right about 0.75 BTC too, though, so I don't see that "depreciation" you're talking about. If anything the differential is smaller than it was when both BTCT and Bitfunder were running normally.

so did you buy any shares in the end?
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
October 21, 2013, 08:57:15 PM
I don't think at the moment there is any model that can even determine the fair value of a share of AM within an order of magnitude. There is just too much we do not know at this time.

Bitfunder prices are depreciated because of the new site rules demanding verification and excluding US residents. But I'm sure you know that already. Roll Eyes

Then that would imply an order-of-magnitude fair price potentially HIGHER than 7.5 BTC, is that your point?

Pages:
Jump to: