Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMiner Tube Group Buy #2 - page 16. (Read 37858 times)

donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
August 22, 2014, 04:21:17 PM
Looks like about 8 of the first 20-odd are headed my way. The first in line (third of the order) is mine, I wouldn't mind if it shipped before the rest since that'll give me a buffer time to figure out assembly on the other 30 that will end up here from various hosting customers. I have better luck with FedEx labels than USPS, what kind of single box do you have to pack a single Tube in?
I think you can do a single shipment consisting of multiple labels using fedex. cost is same as far as I remember.  they care about weight than # of boxes, if my memory serves me right...
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
August 22, 2014, 04:15:53 PM
Looks like about 8 of the first 20-odd are headed my way. The first in line (third of the order) is mine, I wouldn't mind if it shipped before the rest since that'll give me a buffer time to figure out assembly on the other 30 that will end up here from various hosting customers. I have better luck with FedEx labels than USPS, what kind of single box do you have to pack a single Tube in?
donator
August 22, 2014, 04:08:05 PM

The good news:

It looks like 1 Tube will require 2 boxes:

- 1 Medium that will hold PCBs, wires, thermal pads and remaining assembly hardware
- 1 Large box to ship the Tube Cage Kit.

So you will need to send me 2 labels for a tube.  A large and a medium.  If you'd be so kind and generate both, then use the print labels without receipt option:

How much does the shipment weigh? I'm curious if the 2 box strategy is the cheapest.

don't know complete weight yet, since all components are not here yet.  the Cage Kit is heavy.
vs. which strategy?
Activity: 839
Merit: 608
August 22, 2014, 03:51:22 PM

The good news:

- 1 Medium that will hold PCBs, wires, thermal pads and remaining assembly hardware

So you will need to send me 2 labels for a tube.  A large and a medium.  If you'd be so kind and generate both, then use the print labels without receipt option:

How much does the shipment weigh? I'm curious if the 2 box strategy is the cheapest.
donator
August 22, 2014, 03:42:03 PM
Is there any efficiency in terms of shipping to be had orders of w or more tubes? Or are we talking 4 boxes per 2 tubes?
yes, 2 Tubes can fit in 3 large boxes.  anything larger than 2 Tubes, I'd have to stage it first, and report.
most orders here are for 1 Tube.

btw, I still have more Tubes coming Monday than has been ordered on this group.

Ok so for 2 tubes, need 3 large flat rate box shipping labels?

yes:
Is there any efficiency in terms of shipping to be had orders of w or more tubes? Or are we talking 4 boxes per 2 tubes?
yes, 2 Tubes can fit in 3 large boxes.  anything larger than 2 Tubes, I'd have to stage it first, and report.

donator
August 22, 2014, 03:40:44 PM
what should we put for the shipping date?
Monday is fine, today is fine... date not that important for USPS
donator
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
August 22, 2014, 03:28:26 PM
what should we put for the shipping date?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
August 22, 2014, 03:18:06 PM
yes, 2 Tubes can fit in 3 large boxes.  anything larger than 2 Tubes, I'd have to stage it first, and report.

Just emailed you 3 labels, just confirm all looks good, thanks.
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
August 22, 2014, 03:01:44 PM
yes, 2 Tubes can fit in 3 large boxes.  anything larger than 2 Tubes, I'd have to stage it first, and report.

Ok so for 2 tubes, need 3 large flat rate box shipping labels?
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
August 22, 2014, 02:35:25 PM
some what confused . but here goes I am on a different pc no access to philipma1957

my question is  two regional b boxes work to ship it?

and it seems like we will all need to wait until monday for shipping correct?

if that is the case will he (fried cat)   send us a little something   as loss to us all is about .05 btc
Bs don't work.
you can reach out to friedcat on the compensation question.  I will mention to him you asked, that I can do.

back to my philipma1957 account   and judypug1956 is me.  

too bad the b box does not work

I will send labels soon.

this email correct?

[email protected]     

donator
August 22, 2014, 02:00:33 PM

donator
August 22, 2014, 01:58:56 PM
some what confused . but here goes I am on a different pc no access to philipma1957

if that is the case will he (fried cat)   send us a little something   as loss to us all is about .05 btc
Bs don't work.
you can reach out to friedcat on the compensation question.  I will mention to him you asked, that I can do.
donator
August 22, 2014, 01:57:55 PM
So you're still waiting on the missing screws / wires / thermal pads before shipping out?
yes and connecting wires
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
August 22, 2014, 01:48:14 PM
Activity: 355
Merit: 276
August 22, 2014, 01:46:47 PM

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
August 22, 2014, 01:44:52 PM
So you're still waiting on the missing screws / wires / thermal pads before shipping out?
donator
August 22, 2014, 01:26:32 PM
Shipment received... Just finished going through it all twice...

I have the following items on hand:

24 - BE Ethernet controllers
40 - PCBs (40/4= for 10 Tubes)
12 - Tube Cage kits. 12 boxes, in each box the contents are: 4 heatsinks, 1 fan, 2 brackets and fan grill <- there are no screws or washer etc... in this kit.

Of the 12 Tube Cage Kits, 3 are missing one of the brackets.  the one that attaches with the fan.  I am expecting a few extra parts for all, so hopefully those missing 3 aren't an issue.

There is no hardware to assemble them with (screws, washers) and there are no cables to daisy chain PCBs with and connect to controller.
There are no thermal pads in this shipment.

The good news:

also, please sign both tracking numbers with any of your sending addresses that are listed in your transaction
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
August 22, 2014, 10:26:30 AM
Hopefully at least 20 full kits are arriving today as my transaction puts me at unit 19 and 20!  Would be nice if they shipped (to me) today too.

I am sure if enough full kits arrive today Canary will ship them in the order they where paid for, for this is his usual method.

hope so ! I will check back later today.
Activity: 650
Merit: 500
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
August 22, 2014, 10:22:33 AM
Hopefully at least 20 full kits are arriving today as my transaction puts me at unit 19 and 20!  Would be nice if they shipped (to me) today too.

I am sure if enough full kits arrive today Canary will ship them in the order they where paid for, for this is his usual method.
Pages:
Jump to: