Pages:
Author

Topic: Assess your gambling addiction level. - page 2. (Read 1146 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 253
March 06, 2020, 11:11:56 AM
For now I'm at level 1, because I'm too busy right now for work and of course family. I'm visiting now a few gambling sites to now more about betting and how to manage the game. Before I used to gamble many times especially in sports, I try to analyze first the team that I will bet my money just to relax and make fun with my friends. Many times I win but sometimes it's not my lucky day so I lose.
We have different level of gambling addiction level but if we're going the higher level we must make sure that we still manage our life without any problem with our family and especially for ourselves.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
March 06, 2020, 09:27:05 AM
Gambling addiction is a mystery because you may not realize that you are getting addicted or even after severely got addicted.

Level 0:
Gamble while gamble and may forget it for months. Gamble only with friends and gambling is not an option to kill boredom.

I am at this level. I will just play if someone ask me or sometimes if I am really busy, I refuse to play with him/her. Gambling is not my pass time. But once I played that means I have a nice budget, I'll make it a straight play on that day. I'll stick to it and then on the next day, back to reality another normal day and normal life for me.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 585
March 06, 2020, 05:19:03 AM
Made $50 then why not >$50. Sounds really like me, it looks on the other hand unavoidable since you look like being pulled to much by urge to bet more because of winning but tell you, it can still be avoid if you think it is already a big win, a big money from how much the last money you won.
Not just you or me but I guess anyone who initially wins some money from gambling feels like he has found a easy solution to our financial needs not a bigger scale but at least we feel like we can earn enough to fulfill hobbies though in the end gambling becomes a hobby itself and requires you to burn money daily to keep it going.

IMO, such circumstances always happens because we decided to look after the possibilities rather than what we already have. Sure, there are more big chances but that'll just lead to fatal losses. Might be a beginner level from OP post, but it is serious stuff that everyone must considered because it fuels individual's greedy behaviour.
That's the correct way of looking at it but it is so hard to feel satisfied when you have just won some money without efforts and you obviously want to win more, in my case I try to gamble with the win amount and withdraw the initial amount I deposited so at least I don't make loss in the end.

By the way I feel I come in levels 0-3 because I can relate to those statements in these levels.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 212
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
March 06, 2020, 03:09:09 AM
i am level 4-6 because i am allocating part of my monthly wage to gamble,but only maximum of 10% and nothing will excess.
in past yeah  i can risk all of my Money but now that i am a family Man?No way that i will let them starve just because of my vices,and also i even stopped drinking liquor to prove this claim.
Activity: 2016
Merit: 156
March 06, 2020, 02:37:12 AM
Am in level 0 to level 3. Being born into a family were the elderly ones took gambling as their secondary mean to earn some extra income. When growing up in the house, I find myself joining them in the hustle and became one of them from my tender age. This has been some form of addiction but not that effective in my.life, sometimes I gamble at lost and quite for the day or week before my come back to gamble again. Self control has been my watchword from the beginning and still maintaining it till date.

Sometimes, I exhibit a hut and run method for the time being in order to win against the house even though its a tough decision .
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
March 06, 2020, 02:16:56 AM
1. New gambling ideas flashes in your mind even you are too busy with your studies or work or with friends/family.

I think I still belong at this level. I cannot say if I would be considered a gambler but the fact that i gambled makes it one. I only gamble for fun or most of the times I gamble online when there are teams I have in mind which are participating such events mostly sports and E-sports. I gamble based on my analysis on participating teams.
            It could still be considered newbie in gambling but its all I could do.
because we have different face of gambling,there are
others who just find comfort when they
gamble and so as others the kills boredom.
others use to profit while others becomes
addicted so yeah you might be playing not often but still you are a gambler your own
Activity: 2786
Merit: 606
March 06, 2020, 12:35:28 AM
If this is the level of gambling addiction the I guess the highes that I have been was 5.
But now I am only at level 1 I don't gamble much now I just want to open a new gambling site or new gambling games.
I feel the majority of the gamblers would fall in the 4 to 6 slab mentioned in the OP because while crypto gambling is addictive but I believe it is still new and can't think of someone falling into the severe slab or at least very few gamblers.

I guess I would be falling under the 1st level because I often get flashy ideas and I deposit some money gamble and loose it, then next day during my free time I try other methods and strategies and burn a little more sometimes I win too and I continue with that winning strategy until it turns into loosing one.I realize how serious gambling can be after reading some comments here because I always used to think that gambling was just fun for everyone.
Activity: 658
Merit: 274
Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.
March 04, 2020, 11:09:40 AM
Made $50 then why not >$50. Sounds really like me, it looks on the other hand unavoidable since you look like being pulled to much by urge to bet more because of winning but tell you, it can still be avoid if you think it is already a big win, a big money from how much the last money you won. IMO, such circumstances always happens because we decided to look after the possibilities rather than what we already have. Sure, there are more big chances but that'll just lead to fatal losses. Might be a beginner level from OP post, but it is serious stuff that everyone must considered because it fuels individual's greedy behaviour.
Activity: 728
Merit: 266
March 04, 2020, 10:32:42 AM
There are 2 types of posters here:
1. What they are saying in their posts are true.
2. What they are saying in their posts are false.

The beauty of the Internet. You never know if that sexy girl you're talking to isn't really a 50 year old man.
I'd say with all honesty that my level is 0. I gamble occasionally. You really have to invite me to the game to see me play. I don't feel like I have to win something back or prove something to myself or other people and I never lose a lot of money.

To be honest that is how the internet works nowadays and like it or not it is the reality we are facing in. Its up to them if they are lying or not, but as for me I only gamble for fun as what I have said above my level is just for newbie(believe it or not). I am not even very familiar with some sports like basketball because I am not really fond with that, but they are popular betting game due to NBA and other stuffs. Most popular games and gambles takes place such as boxing, football league and many others but I am not much interested in sometimes.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103
March 04, 2020, 09:54:23 AM

The beauty of the Internet. You never know if that sexy girl you're talking to isn't really a 50 year old man.
I'd say with all honesty that my level is 0. I gamble occasionally. You really have to invite me to the game to see me play. I don't feel like I have to win something back or prove something to myself or other people and I never lose a lot of money.
Activity: 728
Merit: 266
March 04, 2020, 09:41:00 AM
1. New gambling ideas flashes in your mind even you are too busy with your studies or work or with friends/family.

I think I still belong at this level. I cannot say if I would be considered a gambler but the fact that i gambled makes it one. I only gamble for fun or most of the times I gamble online when there are teams I have in mind which are participating such events mostly sports and E-sports. I gamble based on my analysis on participating teams.
            It could still be considered newbie in gambling but its all I could do.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036
Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
March 04, 2020, 09:33:54 AM
I see many of us have changed their level of addiction to gambling, and many of us have back to level 0 or 1. That is a great thing from us because we realize that gambling is for having fun and not for seeking money. If we can keep the level as low as we can, we can play gambling without worrying about become addicting, and we can playing gambling anytime we want, and we can stop anytime too.

You saw many people just saying level 0 or 1 but they know in their mind that their assessment with themselves are higher than the level they shared here. For me, I believe that most of the gamblers are greedy therefore they are always gambling for the sake of fun.

Lets just say that there are some gamblers who are just gambling for fun. I know that but there are only few of them. Gamblers who are gambling for fun too are prone to addiction especially if they see gambling as a very fun hobby. They will do it everyday and they will be prone to gambling addiction like most of the gamblers out there. Stopping yourself is just a matter of how disciplined you are and how you can control yourself.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 629
March 04, 2020, 07:14:16 AM
I was once at almost severe level back when I was really hooked up in gambling but as I grow up and realizes what I am doing wrong I went back and made a change by myself and now I'm sure that my level today is only at the beginning again, Yes I do still gamble up to this date but I have now full control over on how much I will play and I'm just doing it for fun.
I experienced the same. Before, I became addicted to gambling I dont have control and no limitation. I spend my salary in gambling and didnt think of the welfare of my family that should be my prioritize in the first place. But good thing I overcome those days, we seek for a professional help because even I want to stop I still can refrain myself to gamble. Now I still gamble but not the same as before.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
March 04, 2020, 05:06:33 AM
Lvl 1 since i only play when i have available time, there's no bad affect on playing any gambling since i am able to control my emotion when playing . When i am at lost i will stop just play again next time and never continue to play even i have money available on hands.
The question is, are you addicted in gambling?

I personally I could choose the first level as it's not severe but I don't think I am addicted in gambling, I mean addiction is different, it's something you can't resists to do gambling and you can't control yourself, I don't belong to that.
Something that you wanted to keep doing over and over without hesitating the risk behind, If you are still in the right mind and able to resist the lust for gambling then it's good to assume that you are a good and responsible gambler.
Most of those addicted gamblers are the one who in the denial part of life where they keep saying that everything is okay and it's only for entertainment
practices, but in reality, they've already lose a lots of money.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
March 04, 2020, 04:03:22 AM
Lvl 1 since i only play when i have available time, there's no bad affect on playing any gambling since i am able to control my emotion when playing . When i am at lost i will stop just play again next time and never continue to play even i have money available on hands.
The question is, are you addicted in gambling?

I personally I could choose the first level as it's not severe but I don't think I am addicted in gambling, I mean addiction is different, it's something you can't resists to do gambling and you can't control yourself, I don't belong to that.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 329
March 04, 2020, 02:58:37 AM
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
March 04, 2020, 02:57:55 AM
I'm just a beginner level that I already lost and able to recover the money that was lost. Those were the days of being addicted to gambling and didn't realize the worth of money that could be use for the family. Some people didn't treat gambling as for fun nor entertainment that's why some suffering huge lose of money.

your not a beginner then basing on your words because you said you have the ability to recover what you already lost which is also cool though  . not many gamblers can do that .like me i already lost alot from a long time of playing on an online gambling site and i can see that my stats are still negative . whats more im impressed with you is that you now realized the importance of money and the importance of your family while many gamblers still cant do this because they are still stuck on thier losses or from thier addiction .
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
March 04, 2020, 02:51:21 AM
I was once at almost severe level back when I was really hooked up in gambling but as I grow up and realizes what I am doing wrong I went back and made a change by myself and now I'm sure that my level today is only at the beginning again, Yes I do still gamble up to this date but I have now full control over on how much I will play and I'm just doing it for fun.

This is really a good example of how people do evolve and once you ready to accept that you are over boarding something and start making correction you would be on a my better side and will be proud of this achievement . It is commendable as many just cannot leave gambling due to addiction and coming out of it and now just gambling for fun and that in a controlled manner is completely fine . Hope you enjoy the game and time as well while gambling .
Activity: 1582
Merit: 523
March 04, 2020, 02:43:43 AM
I'm just a beginner level that I already lost and able to recover the money that was lost. Those were the days of being addicted to gambling and didn't realize the worth of money that could be use for the family. Some people didn't treat gambling as for fun nor entertainment that's why some suffering huge lose of money.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 257
March 03, 2020, 10:54:52 PM
I am at level 1 to level 3,
I always come up with new ideas everywhere I am. I always think of a new possible trick that might work the next time I gamble, a never ending thinking of possible way to win. Also, I always wanted to try that idea immediately as I want
Pages:
Jump to: